AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
 Browse Blogs Start a Blog The Charts Adv. Search Need Help?
 

Adam Pfleider's Blog Entry

 | Search Options
Late Night Thoughts: The SOPA Network
Late Night Thoughts: The SOPA Network
01/17/12 at 10:02 PM by Adam Pfleider
In the span of a couple of weeks, two events got me thinking about the existence of social media - most notably YouTube - and how living in the moment doesn't necessarily mean sharing it with everyone. This isn't necessarily negatively geared toward making an ass out of yourself via the web, but I'm more referring to the death of storytelling and the aspect of keeping a special moment unshared and locked away in your memories and then gauging how special it will mean to you against how long the moment stays vivid as the years go on.

Two weeks ago, Patton Oswalt got into a scuffle with an audience member during a surprise set where he intended to try out some new jokes for an upcoming special he's going to film later this year. Like most people at any event these days with a...[read more]
Permalink | Share
 
Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5.
04:00 AM on 01/18/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
Offline
User Info.
Rob McWilliams's Avatar
This is why I love you.
11:03 AM on 01/18/12
SomethingLikeTJ
Accents
Offline
User Info.
SomethingLikeTJ's Avatar
So perfect. Well said, sir.
11:51 AM on 01/18/12
musicmakesme
@Clare_OShea
Offline
User Info.
musicmakesme's Avatar
Thanks for this, and the link to the Keith Buckley article. Didn't realise before how much I rely on other people's approval to validate my choices and assure me that what I did today or acted like today or wrote or thought was interesting/cool/worthwhile. I also get the feeling this comment is way too ironic for my liking...
03:20 PM on 01/18/12
windigo11
Regular Member
Offline
User Info.
windigo11's Avatar
a good read
05:06 PM on 01/18/12
briantalife
Brian Marquis
Offline
User Info.
briantalife's Avatar
nail on the head buddy, good one.

i noticed dallas green tells the crowd now for just 1 song to enjoy the moment and not snap a pic, take a video, tweet, text and just be in the moment together and enjoy it. 99% of the crowd applauds and agrees and the other 1% goes on to film it because now that footage and moment is even more "rare" but really they blew it and missed the whole point.

i have a movie idea that's based around the idea that as time goes on with social media and archival technology our memories start getting weaker and we eventually NEED all of these things in order to remember our lives rather than our brains doing the work.

living is for the romantics. i'm a romantic.
Blog Tools
Share This Blog  Share This Blog

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos
HIDDEN TREASURES
AbsolutePunk Podcast
Free Music
Sports Forum
Technology Forum
Recommendations
INFORMATION
Advertising
Contact Us
Copyright Policy
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
FOLLOW
Twitter | Facebook | RSS
PropertyOfZack
PunkNews.org
UnderTheGun
Chorus.fm