Browse Blogs Start a Blog The Charts Adv. Search Need Help?
walshknilb281's Blog
 | Search Options
03/03/09 at 03:13 AM by walshknilb281
Hey, whats up.
I've spent 3 days in Sydney. What can I say I've had a blast down under so far. Some real chill people here just trying to have a good time. I arrived in Sydney on the 13th and I was off. Right from the get go. I had been on a plane for 21 hours and right from the airport we were sight seeing, meeting new people, and getting to know the city. All I really wanted was a shower. The first day it was raining, hell it was raining the whole time I was in Sydney but it didnt bother me at all. That nigth we went to a local pub grabbed some drinks my new Aussie mate Scott who was a big Brand New fan so we hit it off immediately turned out he was going to the Soundwave Festival also on a different date. We grabbed some chinese food dinner that night and it was delicious. We then hit the pub with our tour guides Kym and Scott (who was really just there to have a good time with us). We drank at the Scubar next to our hostel until about 10pm but everybody was really tired from flying so everybody wanted to go to bed. i decided to go grab a 6 pack for the room so me and the guys could have a couple shakes before bed. I asked around for a liquor store and I ran into this kid from Finland who brought me to the packie. I was shocked at the prices $15 for a 6 pack. I was hesitant to pick one up but I said fuck it its my first night in Australia and the kid invited me to a birthday party. I was also hesitant about this because I just met this kid on the street by myself and he was with his mates from Canada and Ireland but again I said I'm in Australia whats the worst that could happen. We went to the party where there were people from everywhere, North Carolina, Sydney, India, England. It was a good time everyone was really friendly and the kid had an amazing view from his deck. There I met this girl from England and was going down to Melbourne where I eventually would be within the week so we exchanged numbers. Hopefully we meet again when I get to Uni. I only stayed for an hour or two, I had an early morning the next day and I didn't want my orientation group to get worried. I hurried back to the hostel with a solid first day in Sydney.

The next day we arose at 645 to get ready for our trip up to the Blue Mountains. Unfortunately it was rainy and foggy so hopefully it wouldn't affect the trip too much. We got there at around 1030 and began our 4 hour hike. The Blue Mountains seemed really nice and there was a huge waterfall but it was tough to see with all the fog and stuff so some of the views were rough. We made it back to Sydney around 4 or 5 oclock had some chill time and then headed off for a steak dinner at a pub down the street. I hit up the cassino while we waited for our food put in a dime won 5 bucks, imagine if I threw in 10 bucks woulda been a nice pay day. We then hit up some bars around Sydney and hit the dance floor hard. It was a successful night. But the morning wasn't so pleasant having to get up at 730, only got about 4 hours of sleep.

Today was the day I was looking forward to the most. We took a ferry ride to the Torongo Zoo right across the sydney Harbor. Got some great shots of the sydney Opera House and for the first time since I left Mass it stopped raining. The zoo was crazy so many cool animals. Crocs, Lions, Tigers, Snakes, Koalas, Kangaroos. Easily my favorite day. We hadda get outta there by 130 uinfortunately though because the kids going to school in Sydney had to catch a bus at 2. I stayed in Sydney by myself that day though because my flight wasn't until the next day. I went around checked out the aquarium, Darling Harbor and Sydney Harbor. It's like the size of 2 Bostons its crazy. I was dead however since I had been going non stop for 3 days without much sleep and I finally hit a wall. I made it back to the hostel where I would spend the night with two asian dudes I didn't know or talk too. I just slept from 6pm-9am the next day and got outta there ASAP and made it to the Airport where I'd depart to Sydney. I'll update later on whaty I've been up to.

Listening to: Kevin Devine-Brothers Blood
1 Comments | Add a Comment | Permalink | Share
Blog Tools
Share This Blog  Share This Blog

Search News
Release Dates
Best New Music
Submit News
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos
Encore Podcast
Free Music
Sports Forum
Technology Forum
Contact Us
Copyright Policy
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
Twitter | Facebook | RSS
Encore Podcast on iTunes
Encore on Overcast
AP.net on Tumblr
Chorus.fm | @jason_tate