|'s Blog|| | |
Butch Walker Week: The Introduction
|Butch Walker Week: The Introduction|
09/09/13 at 08:00 AM by narcoleptic953
|Anyone who has interacted with me much on the forums knows that I have two “Personal Jesuses” as far as rock ‘n’ roll is concerned. The first is Bruce Springsteen, whose catalog Thomas already reviewed in full a few years ago. The second is Butch Walker, who is releasing a fantastic new EP called Peachtree Battle next Tuesday. In celebration of the new release, I’m going back through Butch’s catalog, through these albums have changed and shaped my life and my love for music over the past decade, and writing about each of them. Starting with the first release from Butch’s 1990s power pop band, the Marvelous 3, and cycling through his solo work, I will spend the next week building a retrospective of a guy who has morphed from hair metal guitarist to Elvis Costello imitator, ‘90s one-hit-wonder to star pop music producer, and rock ‘n’ roll frontman to folk and alt-country singer/songwriter, all in the space of some 25 years. I hope you enjoy the ride.|
Butch Walker Week
01. Marvelous 3 - Math and Other Problems
02. Marvelous 3 - Hey! Album
03. Marvelous 3 - Readysexgo!
04. Butch Walker - Left of Self-Centered
05. Butch Walker - Letters
06. Butch Walker - The Rise and Fall of Butch Walker and the Let's-Go-Out-Tonites!
07. 1969 - Maya
08. Butch Walker - Sycamore Meadows
09. Butch Walker and the Black Widows - I Liked It Better When You Had No Heart
10. Butch Walker and the Black Widows - The Spade
11. Butch Walker - Peachtree Battle EP
Thanks to everyone who read and listened along with this project. It's been a riot, and I will definitely plan to do series like this in the future.
All the best,