| | |
|MY Favorite RELEASES of 2008 (the key part being releases and not albums since i got into older stuff)|
10. Good Old War- Only Way to Be Alone- number one and the summer tour got me into this band. Worth checking out if you like folksy stuff.
9. Various- Leaving California (Mix CD made by my newspaper advisor)- he put one of my favorite songs from The O.C. how could I NOT like it. Pretty much a mix of indie artists whos names I've only heard of.
8. Ace Enders-The Secret Wars- Pretty damn good release from one of my favorite singers in the genre. I'm also including the cover of "Bittersweet Symphony."
7. Death Cab for Cutie- Narrow Stairs- would have never thought I'd get into Death Cab. But I love the full band.
6. Citizens for Our Betterment Mixtape- Got me excited for a surprise album that ended up being one of their bests.-
5. Cinematic Sunrise- A Coloring Storybook and Long Playing Record- Although the songs were overproduced from the demos this is still a good EP. It was a little pricey but it was worth it.
4. Fall Out Boy-Folie a Deux- I lost hope on this band after IOH came out but the hype that built up for this lived up. This is gonna be the album that is gonna get people to like FOB (even if you don't like them). Yes this album has some songs that will catch you by surprise.
3. Kanye West- 808s and Heartbreaks- This isn't typical Kanye and this album doesn't have his best material. BUT it's what an album should be . He sticks to one theme on the entire albumn, given by the title (808 is a drum machine), and he just kills it. I know Kanye won't continue with this so people need to stop bitching about how "it sucks."
2. New Found Glory/International Superheroes of Hardcore- Tip of the Iceberg/Takin' It Ova/HPxHC- How could this not be up this high? They did not at all let me down with this release. It was a little short but the half hour listening to these 3 releases is as good as it gets. ISHC is just pure genius, their lyrics are so odd but it fits the music.
1. person L- Initial- Kenneth Vasoli has yet to let me down. This man is highly underrated and I hope this band makes it. He deserves it. This album has so many different type of songs but they all work together. Excited for whats in store in 09.
My Life on the Run
|Tags: eoty, person l, new found glory, fall out boy, kanye west
|Not Everything I Write Is About You
|Yes, I'm quoting myself.|
|I've been wandering around here for a few weeks. At first I was actually tryin got head somewhere , but now it just seems like I'm lost. Honestly I've been lost but never like this, and it's kinda scaring the shit out of me. It's so hard to see more than 15 feet ahead of me because of all these tress around me. |
You might be wondering why I've been walking around for the past three weeks. Well back at home I had nothing going for me. Well I did, I just wasn't happy with what I was getting. I had a decent job creating the score for the show, I had an apartment with a collection of art that was becoming respectable, and most importantly (to you not to me)was the girlfriend that I had that loved me. I know everyone wants to be loved and I was one of those lucky guys, the thing is though is I was not really giving any love back. It's not like she was clingy, trust me she was great, I just couldn't find it in myself to love her and it bothered me too much. I guess you could say this is why I ran away from the reality of the above thought.
That is what I wrote in my journal today for my English class and read aloud. After I read it my teacher gave me a look of confusion as he always does when I read my "odd" journals.
Everything was good until after lunch when one of my friends asked me if the journal I read today was about my ex. She was right near me, so I whispered my friend no while giving a look of hatred for asking that. Honestly, do you really think anything I'm going to write about girls is about her? Um no it wasn't. I wrote that based off of my interpretation of Person L's "Storms" I was obviously writing a little short story about it and adding some characterization to it. So that is why it started out like that. I wasn't even finished yet I just need to read it to get the points I need in the class.
That wasn't the only incident with the journal. i had my best friend's girlfriend ( who is also a good friend of mine) tell me to be nicer to my ex.
She said that because she's "been noticing that I've been more mean to her recently."
I asked her "what specifically are you talking about?"
"The journal you read today, duh. That was pretty messed up of you to read it today," she replied.
"really, you thought it was about her?" I said with a sense of anger " It was something I didn't finish but I wanted to read today so yeah."
Fuck man. People need to grow up. That shit pissed me off so much today.
|Tags: girls, bitches, people who suck, storms, person l, kenneth vasoli