AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Weekly Nostalgia: Further Seems Forever (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1069922)

Drew Beringer 05/20/09 12:53 AM

Weekly Nostalgia: Further Seems Forever

When I was in high school, Further Seems Forever was one of the bands that shaped my musical spectrum. Three albums, three different lead singers, three different approaches. 2001’s The Moon Is Down featured Chris Carrabba before he was the crooner of Dashboard Confessional, while 2003’s How To Start The Fire put Jason Gleason’s fiery vocals on display. This band meant a lot to me, and now is a great time to discover the different styles of FSF. If you were a big fan, we’d love to hear your recollections of the band in the replies.

Drew Beringer 05/20/09 12:54 AM

Snowbirds and Townies

The Sound

Amazon MP3 | iTunes | Myspace | Amazon

anamericangod 05/20/09 01:06 AM

Fountains and fluorescent lights...

What a wonderful song that is. I also have a friend who was in a bad car accident, and when she got hit, she was listening to Pride War. Just a random detail I never forgot, and I always think of her when I hear this band.

friskycurtain 05/20/09 01:10 AM

oh yes, Chris Carrabba's original band

leaving_astoria 05/20/09 01:12 AM

i get chills everytime i listen "snowbirds and townies".

Merch_Mike 05/20/09 01:14 AM

How To Start A Fire is one of my all time favourite albums

Paulb-182 05/20/09 01:24 AM

The Moon Is Down will always be my favourite of theirs and Chris Carrabbas stuff

ashiex3 05/20/09 01:30 AM

My sister first introduced me to FSF. She made me a mixed CD with a few of their songs including "Snowbirds and Townies" and "The Sound". I used to get the chorus of "The Sound" stuck in my head all the time.
I wonder if I still have that mixed CD. I should find it.

jimboj917 05/20/09 01:30 AM

Truly loved this band, I saw them everytime I could in Cleveland. Jason Gleason was such a talented performer, and I remember how the drummer had the most minimal kit I had seen at the age of 16. Anyways, I still listen to this band, I don't regret ever listening to them as I do with a few bands from high school here and there. They shaped my musical tastes and each album, with each singer, stood out and had a uniqueness that is rarely seen (because most bands hold onto their singers for awhile), so comparing them is inevitable but also hard to do since each sounded like a different band. Truly miss 'em, these kids today are missing out.

jimboj917 05/20/09 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 43595961)
Snowbirds and Townies

The Sound

Amazon MP3 | iTunes | Myspace | Amazon

Remember when "The Sound" was the #1 download on MP3.com? Remember mp3.com?

Ghostpsalm 05/20/09 01:32 AM

i first got into them when moon came out and snowbirds and townies is STILL one of my all time favorite songs.

"And on these boats ride the hopes of working class boys dreaming of girls from far away points. And better things, like winter flings. Longing after spring has sprung. And they fly north when winter's done. We get burned in summer's sun."

Oh man. It doesn't get much better than this.

anamericangod 05/20/09 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimboj917 (Post 43596602)

Yes, I owe so much to that website.

Ghostpsalm 05/20/09 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimboj917 (Post 43596591)
Truly loved this band, I saw them everytime I could in Cleveland. Jason Gleason was such a talented performer, and I remember how the drummer had the most minimal kit I had seen at the age of 16. Anyways, I still listen to this band, I don't regret ever listening to them as I do with a few bands from high school here and there. They shaped my musical tastes and each album, with each singer, stood out and had a uniqueness that is rarely seen (because most bands hold onto their singers for awhile), so comparing them is inevitable but also hard to do since each sounded like a different band. Truly miss 'em, these kids today are missing out.

I definitely feel you on that. I feel like FSF was always a true band. They definitely had their struggles as far as members were concerned, but they ALWAYS put out quality music. They had such emotion that you don't see very often these days. I miss that. They will always be one of my favorite bands.

When it comes to their member changes (especially vocals), I think it shows such a progression. Each album was completely different than the last and each album was simply amazing in it's own way.

Ghostpsalm 05/20/09 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimboj917 (Post 43596602)

hahahaha mp3.com

how i miss you

Chris Fallon 05/20/09 01:37 AM

The reason I discovered DC. Still have to say I am in love with Gleason's vocals though, despite how wonderful The Moon is Down still is.