AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Millionaires/Decaydance Press Release (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1129052)

Joe DeAndrea 06/18/09 11:07 AM

Millionaires/Decaydance Press Release

The press release regarding Millionaires' signing to Decaydance and their upcoming EP can be seen here. Their new full-length will be produced by S*A*M & Sluggo with a scheduled release time of early 2010.

Steve Henderson 06/18/09 11:08 AM

In before the shitstorm.

nicwtor 06/18/09 11:08 AM

No thanks.

zachff 06/18/09 11:08 AM

MILLIONAIRES TO RELEASE DIGITAL EP “JUST GOT PAID, LET'S GET LAID”
ON DECAYDANCE RECORDS JUNE 23

VIDEO TO PREMIERE ON MYSPACE MUSIC SAME DAY

Band Booked To Do Entire 2009 VANS WARPED TOUR – Begins June 26th
Electro-pop-rap female trio MILLIONAIRES will release a new 5-song digital EP entitled “Just Got Paid, Let’s Get Laid
on Decaydance Records. The EP will be available on all U.S. digital platforms on June 23, 2009, and will sell
for the low low price of $1.99 on ITUNES. A physical version of the EP will be exclusively sold by the band at this year’s
Vans Warped Tour, where MILLIONAIRES will be performing all summer on the Hurley Stage. The video for the title track
will exclusively premiere on MySpace Music on June 23rd as well to coincide with the EP release.

While tons of artists have claimed the now tired story of “being huge on MYSPACE,” the MILLIONAIRES
always had their sights set on parlaying their jaw-dropping MYSPACE following (32 million plays, 200,000 friends)
into both big media love and a solid touring fanbase. Due to their own creative instincts, industry savvy and old-school
work ethic, the girls in MILLIONAIRES - Sisters Melissa Marie and Allison Green, and Dani Artaud –
have succeeded on all three levels.

After playing their first ever show at the Roxy in Los Angeles in November 2007 (to over 100 people), MILLIONAIRES
began to appear at clubs around California. Their enthusiastic live show (which is rumored to include foam machines and
choreographed, sassy dance moves this summer) gained enough momentum to send them on tour in May and June of 2008,
and again on a SOLD OUT tour in January of 2009.

In terms of drawing in big media for the band, MTV’s early love for MILLIONAIRES exceeds anything the network
has done for an unsigned artist in decades. Not only were MILLIONAIRES invited to play live on one of the final episodes of
TRL in 2008, but MTV enlisted the threesome to make the theme songs for both Teen Cribs and A Double Shot at Love.

Melissa Marie surmises the situation as follows “we’re just having fun and we’ve been able to become something crazy
just by being ourselves. We never thought we would be touring in a band, but what little girl doesn’t want to be a singer?”

Look for MILLIONAIRES to cause trouble all summer long as they continue to recruit new fans while they keep the
fun in their dirty, hook-filled songs, and charm the pants off (literally) of anyone who can’t resist foul-mouthed
party girls commanding a stage!

The 2009 Warped Tour begins on June 26th in Pomona, CA.
All dates can be found at www.warpedtour.com.

Additional Shows:
6/29 - Victorville, CA @ Karma
7/6 - Memphis, TN @ New Daisy Theatre

MattRM 06/18/09 11:08 AM

Due to their own creative instincts, industry savvy and old-school work ethic...

Um, no.

zachff 06/18/09 11:09 AM

i dont even know where to start

The Nick Life 06/18/09 11:09 AM

everyone ignore this and listen to the new weatherbox songs!

joshuagilbert 06/18/09 11:09 AM

can't wait to see the choreographed sassy dance moves on warped. oh wait, i won't.

zubinmoosa 06/18/09 11:10 AM

Is their EP really called "Just Got Paid, Let's Get Laid"? Holy crap

more heart 06/18/09 11:11 AM

Four Year Strong needs to get off this shithole of a label asap and go back to being with I Surrender completely.

CloseToShore 06/18/09 11:11 AM

yay. i can't wait. :yuk:

JohnDorian 06/18/09 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nick Life (Post 45755012)
everyone ignore this and listen to the new weatherbox songs!

Agreed. No more comments please, ignore them and they'll go away like a bad scab.

Steve Henderson 06/18/09 11:12 AM

Who deserves a bottling more at Warped this year? Brokencyde or Millionaires?

ari telescope 06/18/09 11:14 AM

Me = never been more ashamed to be from Southern California.

So, downfall of mankind starts 2010? Anyone?

tanyanafosho 06/18/09 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by more heart (Post 45755322)
Four Year Strong needs to get off this shithole of a label asap and go back to being with I Surrender completely.

I agree with that.

Also, "Due to their own creative instincts, industry savvy and old-school work ethic..." ? ...What?