AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Breathe Carolina - Hello Fascination (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1276602)

Mattylikesfilms 08/21/09 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolutebutthol (Post 52213012)
agreed. As much as people talk shit about these bands, atleast they are on the road, touring, trying while the rest of the world is sitting at a shitty desk job. I dont like these bands, but Im not gunna bash. Cause Ill admit im jealous im not touring like they are.


exxxxxxxxxxactly!

Nick Le 08/21/09 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 52165942)
There are no best songs, they all sound the same. It's basically this:

be boop be baaa beep booo (electronic noises)

RAH RAH RAH SEX SEX FUCK FUCK NEON NEON RAWRA AFAFA (the screaming)

booop ba bee boob pow bam CRUNCH CRUNCH (the breakdown)

all while "whoa ohhhhh whiney vocals woowwwww dressed up to get undressed wowow whoaaaa let's fuck i don't give a fuck (I DON'T GIVE A FUCKADKAJDKKKKKKK *backing scream*)" is sung in the foreground.

This is win. Hahaha

NeededYouMost 08/21/09 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dymytry Vance (Post 52212312)
It's lovely and intelligent to spell every word in a phrase wrong (not counting it being one word) and aim it at "idiots." Isn't it? Just because a bunch of people call music that is shitty shitty doesn't mean we are a bunch of self-righteous elitists.

You're putting words in my mouth. In no way did I say that you guys are elitist. You're just followers. I doubt you even listened to the album. I doubt you listened to Brokencyde or Cobra Starship. I know I haven't so I'm reserving judgment. That's all I'm saying.
Sure you can say you listened to them, but I honestly don't care nor believe you.

That is all.

KingsCrossing 08/21/09 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregory Robson (Post 52174922)
Incredibly scant in details. I realize this album didn't overwhelm you, but this barely passes for a review. Was this rushed? I will say "auditory diarrhea" was a nice line.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregory Robson (Post 52177782)
I don't really get the appeal of bashing this. I realize its trite and dumb but this review could have been much crisper. I don't see the need to praise Drew for this. This was done sloppily and without regard for detail. It's so amateurish and its bothersome that people are gushing about it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregory Robson (Post 52186572)
I don't like the genre, but I'm not going to get on my high horse and knock it down just for the sake of knocking it down. Honestly, this album is crap, but it's not the worst stuff I've ever heard. I mean, William Hung once released an album. That was horrible and dreadful. In comparison to this, not so much. I think that this was written just as a slam job. I honestly do. And his lack of evidence is particular indicates that. The last paragraph just really lacked professionalism and I'm truly disappointed he didn't get more in depth.


Thank you.

DejaNew 08/21/09 04:47 PM

Thank you.

ARo2431 08/21/09 04:53 PM

Quote:

I don't like the genre, but I'm not going to get on my high horse and knock it down just for the sake of knocking it down. Honestly, this album is crap, but it's not the worst stuff I've ever heard. I mean, William Hung once released an album. That was horrible and dreadful. In comparison to this, not so much. I think that this was written just as a slam job. I honestly do. And his lack of evidence is particular indicates that. The last paragraph just really lacked professionalism and I'm truly disappointed he didn't get more in depth.


Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

speedygonz 08/21/09 04:58 PM

Lol man, my friend reviewed this and he gave a really positive review. He really digs this band, unlike me.
Love the dude but if we lived in a society where your musicial tastes are the determining factor in whether you live or not, he'd be dead.

Good job on this review though. Definitely made me laugh.

Broclee 08/21/09 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeededYouMost (Post 52213982)
You're putting words in my mouth. In no way did I say that you guys are elitist. You're just followers. I doubt you even listened to the album. I doubt you listened to Brokencyde or Cobra Starship. I know I haven't so I'm reserving judgment. That's all I'm saying.
Sure you can say you listened to them, but I honestly don't care nor believe you.

That is all.

I didn't listen to Brokencyde's full length, but I did listen to Hot Mess (I'm a fan of Cobra's first record and about half of Viva), and I also listened to this, but I can do it again and you can check my last.fm if you really doubt me.

But the real question is: If you don't care, why did you bother making the post in the first place?

brenByah 08/21/09 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeededYouMost (Post 52213982)
You're putting words in my mouth. In no way did I say that you guys are elitist. You're just followers. I doubt you even listened to the album. I doubt you listened to Brokencyde or Cobra Starship. I know I haven't so I'm reserving judgment. That's all I'm saying.
Sure you can say you listened to them, but I honestly don't care nor believe you.

That is all.

The "followers" card is played all the time, and the large majority of the time it's bullshit. How is it hard to believe that a large group of people think a bad record is bad? William Hung's an awful singer, everyone knows that, doesn't that make everyone that thinks so a follower? Of course not. Considering that you don't know the people in this thread personally you also don't know their taste in music. You have no reason to accuse everyone of being followers.

ArTkY_ 08/21/09 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 52165942)
There are no best songs, they all sound the same. It's basically this:

be boop be baaa beep booo (electronic noises)

RAH RAH RAH SEX SEX FUCK FUCK NEON NEON RAWRA AFAFA (the screaming)

booop ba bee boob pow bam CRUNCH CRUNCH (the breakdown)

all while "whoa ohhhhh whiney vocals woowwwww dressed up to get undressed wowow whoaaaa let's fuck i don't give a fuck (I DON'T GIVE A FUCKADKAJDKKKKKKK *backing scream*)" is sung in the foreground.

ahahahahahaahah

Joe DeAndrea 08/21/09 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javs (Post 52210692)
Tripped and fell in portland wasnt that bad.


Agreed. Only song I liked from the album.

Clark 08/21/09 05:30 PM

You gave this album as much of a review as it deserved. Fuck the haters.

Praetor 08/21/09 05:32 PM

Edgy.

Javs 08/21/09 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe DeAndrea (Post 52216452)
Agreed. Only song I liked from the album.

Yeah, i would have a lot more respect for them if they took that direction. He doesn't have that bad of a voice, if they just lost the screamer then they would be an almost legit band.

jayromofo 08/21/09 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeededYouMost (Post 52213982)
You're putting words in my mouth. In no way did I say that you guys are elitist. You're just followers. I doubt you even listened to the album. I doubt you listened to Brokencyde or Cobra Starship. I know I haven't so I'm reserving judgment. That's all I'm saying.
Sure you can say you listened to them, but I honestly don't care nor believe you.

That is all.


It wasn't directed at me but whatever. I admit I didn't listen to any of those cds. I hear a few songs (via myspace) and decide if it's worthy enough to make it onto my harddrive. That's why I like these reviews... If they are are good then I will try them out, if not then fuck them. I don't like listening to bands that waste my time with their "garage band" beats and senseless lyrics.