AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Breathe Carolina - Hello Fascination (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1276602)

zubinmoosa 08/20/09 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 52165942)
There are no best songs, they all sound the same. It's basically this:

be boop be baaa beep booo (electronic noises)

RAH RAH RAH SEX SEX FUCK FUCK NEON NEON RAWRA AFAFA (the screaming)

booop ba bee boob pow bam CRUNCH CRUNCH (the breakdown)

all while "whoa ohhhhh whiney vocals woowwwww dressed up to get undressed wowow whoaaaa let's fuck i don't give a fuck (I DON'T GIVE A FUCKADKAJDKKKKKKK *backing scream*)" is sung in the foreground.

what a lyricist

Brokencyde is now looking to hire Drew to write BC14

katieissweet 08/20/09 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 52165942)
There are no best songs, they all sound the same. It's basically this:

be boop be baaa beep booo (electronic noises)

RAH RAH RAH SEX SEX FUCK FUCK NEON NEON RAWRA AFAFA (the screaming)

booop ba bee boob pow bam CRUNCH CRUNCH (the breakdown)

all while "whoa ohhhhh whiney vocals woowwwww dressed up to get undressed wowow whoaaaa let's fuck i don't give a fuck (I DON'T GIVE A FUCKADKAJDKKKKKKK *backing scream*)" is sung in the foreground.

Hahahahahaha.
:appl: this and the interview. So perfect.

tipoftheiceberg 08/21/09 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zubinmoosa (Post 52165242)
Absolutely fantastic Drew

:appl:

i'll say.

emkvetwin 08/21/09 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyguitar99 (Post 52165492)
Very well written, though I feel like writing reviews for bands like Brokencyde and Breathe Carolina are just beating a dead horse at this point.

seconded.

lemontie 08/21/09 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiebaima (Post 52165592)
while i agree with this review, i think someone should offer one written more neutrally. everyone knows that these "bands" are poor excuses for real musicians, but this review was more just a continuation of the bashing this band already gets. what are the best songs? do the songs differ much? i want someone to give more in-depth reviews of these ("but they have no depth!") despite the poor, poor genre and supposed musicianship. just my two cents.

i laughed, though!

my review is slightly more like that i suppose.

Max_123 08/21/09 12:25 AM

very jealous of you that you have a macbook haha
this is just bad

Iwudstilldie4u 08/21/09 12:25 AM

And to think, this album is actually better than their last one. This one is bearable to me; the last one was painful

cereal4life 08/21/09 02:57 AM

Don't even bother reviewing this horse hooey!

denissuxx 08/21/09 04:03 AM

This is an epic review.

It made me laugh with
Quote:

“I.D.G.A.F.” (aka “I don’t give a fuck") comes across as a poor man’s Cobra Starship (which is especially concerning considering what Cobra just released as “music”). Sadly, this song exemplifies what’s wrong with listeners these days. They “D.G.A.F” about what they’re listening to as long as they can dance to it or make out with some scene girl with skunk hair and a Jac Vanek bracelet; regardless of how empty and repetitive it is.

Holy fucking lol.

Although, I think it's a bit harsh - epic review.

Gregory Robson 08/21/09 05:33 AM

Incredibly scant in details. I realize this album didn't overwhelm you, but this barely passes for a review. Was this rushed? I will say "auditory diarrhea" was a nice line.

iAMhollyood315 08/21/09 05:56 AM

even if it may be shit, at least its more palatable than brokencyde.

f00te 08/21/09 06:00 AM

haha wow
this is funny and probably ture

Jaimehere 08/21/09 06:04 AM

wow less than 1... i bet i can make an album with atleast a score of 1 LOL xD breathe carolina! breathe!

Trashcore 08/21/09 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saysmydoctor (Post 52166222)
Did Apple pay you to namedrop your Macbook hahahaha? That just seemed so deliberate.

Either way, lol @ band.

I was actually about to post the exact same thing. It's like he just needed to force the macbook name in there.

This cd was just terrible. I downloaded it when it leaked and was upset with myself. Each song sounds the same. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed their original works. I realized their old songs weren't amazing, but they were fun. These songs just took the fun and catchy aspects of their old songs, and just made them straight forward boring pop. It's like they tried to take the verses of all the lady gaga and britney songs and make an entire song out of those, all the music with no substance or hook.

I listened to the cd in its entirety while doing some design work, HOPING to hear something interesting, and before I knew it the cd was done and I can't for the life of me tell you a single line I heard.

With music like this if I dont have the hook stuck in my head all day, you've done something terribly wrong. I remember when birds and the bees first came out. All day in my head I was singing "I swear to god I won't stop, until, you're shakin."

Though I don't agree with you bringing up I Set My Friends On Fire into this. Granted they are biting the electronica with screaming band wagon, they're doing something different. To me that is. They may just be cookie cutter to you but I really enjoy throwing their cd on randomly and singing along to the awkward ass lyrics, and fun synth lines.

fashionshowdown 08/21/09 06:33 AM

Drew you have done it again. If you wrote every review on here, I'd read them all. If you macbook goes up in flames, you'll probably need to mosh on it, you know, because it's br00tal right?!
ha.