AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Interviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
  -  Tell All - 09.12.09 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1322882)

Linda Ferreira 09/13/09 10:54 AM

Tell All - 09.12.09

The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Tell All - (Adam)
myspace
twitter
purevolume
ap.net profile

1. How did you get your band name?

Pretty much we got our name just thinking of ideas while jamming one day. Our singer, Eric, came up with it because we wanted a name that if you heard it for the first time you would think you have heard it before, if that makes any sense. haha.

2. How did this band get started?
Crazyyy story about that one. After my old band, Vaona, broke up, I joined a band that went out to record in CA to make a record that will never come out (to make a long story short and to not talk badly of others, we had a girl singer who pretty much just gave up music for her boyfriend and no one else in the band seemed to enjoy playing music with each other). So I gave my old drummer, Matt, a call and he was instantly into the idea of restarting the band. I found our other guitar player, Pete, through myspace and he oddly lived about 5 blocks from me. I found our singer, Eric, and bass player, Dan, through this very website on the forum part of Absolutepunk.net - so thanks for that!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Quite a few bands, Coheed, U2, Ivoryline, The Mars Volta, Pages, Angels and Airwaves, Kings of Leon, Pete loves hair metal, Eric is a huge Billy Joel fan, anything that involves finger tapping its such a big part of my playing, We def love our influences but try not to copy anyone's style and try to do our own thing.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Pretty much any band that is one of our influences. haha. Honestly, right now we'd all kill to tour with U2!

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

Man, this is going to suck, but I'm not a huge animal fan at all.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We aren't trying to be something we're not. We're just some awesome dudes playing really cool music, without neon headbands and neon shirts.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Def our song "So Wrong." It seems to be all of our favs. That would be pretty sick actually, can you guys make that happen? haha You'd have to finger tap the lead, so it may be kind of hard. I dunno, I suck at guitar hero, Dan is a master at it.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
John Naclerio at Nada Recording Studio. That man is the coolest dude ever.
Sean Muttaqi of Uprising, Alex Saavedra of Eyeball, FANS, friends and family and Hagstrom Guitars.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Oh man, I'd like to have people buy cds again. Have hard working bands get record deals instead of horrible bands. Who knows... that's an endless question.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Arizona, I love Arizona .

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Savior, if it wasn't for ap.net I wouldn't have found two great friends and an amazing singer and bass player.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of ours? I think "Every Question" because it's about when you were younger and parents told you that you can be anything you want but when you get older you say you want to play music and they instantly say, "Oh, well, you can't do that because it's not a real job." But we do love playing some improv nonsense here and there. Pete loves to play that one Limp Bizket song and Dan loves to sing it. HAHA

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Yet again, Arizona

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Skid Row, straight up

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
We'd have the power to sell a billion records in 4 seconds and then be invisible then appear and play shows anywhere on the planet, or be like Kevin Bacon in Hollow man...what!?

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We have a nice little head start, with Uprising Records, but we are far from "making it"

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Eric has this skill to make up his own words on the spot. No one will get this but 4 people E. Sneetiods... you see what I mean? hahaha

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Does Coheed's "Neverever" count as a holiday?

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Getting tattooed by my best friend, Megan Massacre, at Deep Six in Philly! I can't get enough. We are pretty big movie lovers and Entourage fans. Ooo.... and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia....ok, I guess we just like tv. Haaa

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Dan's pretty much the most amazing graphic designer. He does all our shirts, logos, and even the myspace. The dude's crazy amazing.

truthbetoldxx 09/13/09 03:24 PM

I checked these guys out, they're very good!

istealmusic 09/13/09 03:34 PM

will give em a shot

Iwudstilldie4u 09/13/09 05:45 PM

It's funny because the Vaona interview was posted just a few days ago

pasted_wings 09/14/09 08:44 AM

fuck this band.