AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Paramore - brand new eyes (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1352112)

oncedarkness 09/30/09 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecobrakais (Post 54806902)
i agree to an extent, but doesn't this ring true for most bands? what would thrice be without dustin? brand new without jesse? jew be without jim?

i do however think that each band member of paramore really adds a lot to the band as a whole. i think j. farro has his own style of writing that is different. maybe not groundbreaking, but you can always tell it's him just by hearing it. they are all extremely talented musicians and have years of growth ahead of them. keep in mind that two of the members are still in their teens.

Good points.

I'm going to pick this up today.

zachff 09/30/09 06:20 AM

Not a big fan of this band and unfortunately it doesn't sound like this album is any of a departure from their earlier stuff. Oh well, it's got a place.

ACA 09/30/09 06:22 AM

Riot > BNE > AWKIF

Really good band.

Salamandrax 09/30/09 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akissforher (Post 54806992)
admittedly ive only heard the first single and wasnt enamoured with it, and being the closed minded mofo i am i probably wont hear the rest for a long time now.

I didn't like their first single either, but I really love this album as a whole.
Give it a listen - i think you'll be pleasantly surprised :]

ManicanParty49 09/30/09 06:30 AM

Haven't gotten sick of this album yet.

"Playing God", "Brick By Boring Brick" and "Looking Up" are probably my favorite tracks right now.

brenByah 09/30/09 06:35 AM

Careful and Misguided Ghosts are so good. This is easily Hayley's best vocal effort to date.

fadedmemories 09/30/09 06:42 AM

Can't get the hype about this record.

reachforthesun 09/30/09 06:43 AM

i feel like im going nuts when people say they like this band. how can this be?

RoboZombieKitty 09/30/09 06:55 AM

I'm an average Paramore fan and I thought this cd was way way way way way worse than Riot and All We Know.

Sing-The-Sorrow 09/30/09 07:06 AM

This album was a huge let down for me, there were only 4 songs I liked on it. I found most of the album to be about how they almost broke up. I would have personally gave it a 65%.

www.audiocoke.blogspot.com

xjulianx89 09/30/09 07:06 AM

Vocals - 9.75
:thumbup:

Julia Conny 09/30/09 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fallon (Post 54805322)
You make some good points -- can't say the album entirely sold me on the band, however it's their first record I don't mind listening to from beginning to end. I think the lyrics and vocals have improved enough where I can take them seriously. If not for Hayley, it wouldn't be much to rave about though.

It was the first for me too, to be honest. I never took them seriously before this year.

Julia Conny 09/30/09 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reachforthesun (Post 54808431)
i feel like im going nuts when people say they like this band. how can this be?

For me, I find Hayley captivating as a frontwoman. I can't think of too many girls in the pop genre that know how to bring it, if you will.

suppyguppy 09/30/09 07:23 AM

Never understood the fuss over this band. They sound like everything else being put out right now, only with female vocals. No creativity whatsoever. With that said, there is worse shit out there.

lostfear 09/30/09 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suppyguppy (Post 54809672)
Never understood the fuss over this band. They sound like everything else being put out right now, only with female vocals. No creativity whatsoever. With that said, there is worse shit out there.

my musical elitist senses are going off.