AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Every Night's a Celebration... (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1369492)

the1 10/11/09 12:13 PM

Happy Birthday. Keep having fun!

dru 10/11/09 12:13 PM

lol @ how he still dresses. happy birthday regardless

WhoSaidThat? 10/11/09 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelpMeSleep (Post 55431542)
that's true. I just sort of lumped death in with announcements of bad things. but talking bad about the dead is like the most classless thing you can do.

I work at an elementary school after school program and one of my kids called Michael Jackson an idiot last week and I was so mad, I made him run two laps across the field and back.

Good call. :-)

HelpMeSleep 10/11/09 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoSaidThat? (Post 55431331)
Yeah, don't forget when someone has a kid.

very good point.

HelpMeSleep 10/11/09 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NationalProduct (Post 55431402)
the shallowness and immaturity doesnt fall far from the thread, and i have to agree with the sheep comment. Alot of people are young and impressionable and hardly think for themselves. Why do you think there are so many brokencyde fans.

I just feel like there's this cycle of hypocrisy here. people can mock the mainstream and MTV and say that those kids are sheeps because they're just liking whatever is cool. but it's really the same over here just with music that's more alternative.

DogSizedBird 10/11/09 12:22 PM

He's not a real musician anymore.

Mskillet90 10/11/09 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelpMeSleep (Post 55431992)
I just feel like there's this cycle of hypocrisy here. people can mock the mainstream and MTV and say that those kids are sheeps because they're just liking whatever is cool. but it's really the same over here just with music that's more alternative.

I was just talking about this the other day. . glad someone else sees it.

TSTLSOOM 10/11/09 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denissuxx (Post 55429112)
Fuck you Gabe

boo. lol

HelpMeSleep 10/11/09 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerjay (Post 55431522)
Gee, please don't post less. Should we pretend that he's John fucking Lennon instead of a 30-year old fame whore who's regressed so far musically that it's become a joke?

Sincerely,
One of the sheeps

you're a goddamn prince. that's not what I said. did I ever say "Gabe is a fucking genius, respect him for that"? no. learn to read. stupid sheep.

absolution 10/11/09 12:24 PM

Happy birthday gabe, give me back my NKOTB shirt.

NationalProduct 10/11/09 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelpMeSleep (Post 55431992)

agreed on that, i mean, obviously everyone has a right to like whatever they like, but sometimes, esp in this case and joel's newborns case is, its just insanely immature and shows a true lack of character and tact. Also, the dude turning 30.... thats so young and people are calling him old cause they are 15? 20? When those kids turn 30, its going to be hilarious how stupid they feel when some 16 year old laughs at them and calls them old.

Gabe is a good dude, he has always been a guy who has gone out of his way for other bands, and fans and no, this is not a good guys bad music thing. I dont listen to Cobra Starship because its not my jam but I dont hate it, nor do I hate him. One person cannot keep Midtown together all by himself. He most certainly cant go get new guys and start "Downtown" the midtown spinoff. Let the dude have a good birthday, and enjoy what makes him happy.

So on that note. Happy Birthday again Gabe, hope you have a good one.

bladerdude360 10/11/09 12:26 PM

Happy birthday!

HelpMeSleep 10/11/09 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoSaidThat? (Post 55431692)
Good call. :-)

haha. my coworkers enjoyed it. this kid's running and I'm yelling at him like "1) language. we don't call people idiots. 2) we don't call dead people idiots. we don't talk that way about dead people. and 3) we definitely don't talk that way about legends." and this guy I work with comes over and was like "did he just say something about Michael Jackson?"

Cal50 10/11/09 12:28 PM

15 years too old for the music he makes

WhoSaidThat? 10/11/09 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelpMeSleep (Post 55432421)
haha. my coworkers enjoyed it. this kid's running and I'm yelling at him like "1) language. we don't call people idiots. 2) we don't call dead people idiots. we don't talk that way about dead people. and 3) we definitely don't talk that way about legends." and this guy I work with comes over and was like "did he just say something about Michael Jackson?"

LOL! Nice. Reminds me of this ex-facebook friend I had. You know those living social top 5 things? Well, he used "Five things you wish would disappear forever", and one of them was, quoting here, "Michael Jacks- OH WAIT! NEVER MIND!". Disgusting.