AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Tegan and Sara - Sainthood (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1395951)

Drew Beringer 10/26/09 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidchino08 (Post 56317762)
Review seems more then a little biased

all reviews are biased.

March_Faster!! 10/26/09 10:45 PM

I thought it was a pretty solid album too. Nice review.

Javs 10/26/09 10:45 PM

Love this album. These girls are phenomenal. Definitely AOTY next to Metrics - Fantasies.

HometownHero 10/26/09 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 56318452)
all reviews are biased.

True but I think only to a certain extent

TachyonEvan 10/26/09 10:49 PM

What's your favorite song on the album?

InBetweenAisles 10/26/09 10:53 PM

Really good review. I enjoyed reading it. I listened to this album so many times. Definitely going to pick it up. Really good CD.

kemichels 10/26/09 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakingTheMisery (Post 56317132)
Negativity right here.

you don't like?

mick2late 10/26/09 11:04 PM

This album is absolutely incredible, and it just keeps getting better with every listen. I have spun this countless times now and every time I start it over, I find something new to fall in love with. I did not think anything would beat out The Dangerous Summer for my top album of 2009 but this record is really blowing my mind.

tragedyco 10/26/09 11:08 PM

stoked.

Auals 10/26/09 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick2late (Post 56319601)
This album is absolutely incredible, and it just keeps getting better with every listen. I have spun this countless times now and every time I start it over, I find something new to fall in love with. I did not think anything would beat out The Dangerous Summer for my top album of 2009 but this record is really blowing my mind.

I have The Dangerous Summer album. It gets a fair bit of play, but it's not album of the year material. I'm seriously getting sick of hearing how much everyone here thinks it's their new god.

This album is great. I still need to listen to it a few more times.

brenByah 10/26/09 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auals (Post 56319801)
I have The Dangerous Summer album. It gets a fair bit of play, but it's not album of the year material. I'm seriously getting sick of hearing how much everyone here thinks it's their new god.

what's it matter if they love a record you just think is just okay :shrug:

I can't wait to actually hear this in cd quality tomorrow.

mick2late 10/26/09 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auals (Post 56319801)

I never said it is my new God or anything like that, but, to me, it is an incredibly excellent album. It has also had an incredibly personal connection with me, as well, which is really what music is all about. The music I listen to and enjoy is the music I can connect with on a personal level, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Spenny 10/26/09 11:15 PM

Amazing review, and I agree completely.
Initially it didn't hit me as hard as The Con did, but as time has passed I realized that this is truly their best work.

I think Northshore, Hell and On Directing are the standouts on first listen, but as I listened more I really started to dig pretty much every song on the album. Solid all the way through.

Broden Terry 10/26/09 11:15 PM

If I listen before the end of the year, it'll definitely be a top five candidate.

Spenny 10/26/09 11:16 PM

And I'm sick of people losing their shit over The Dangerous Summer. It's decent at best, forgettable at worst.