AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Academy Is... Taking A Break (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1425942)

jrtbighurt 11/13/09 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 57320662)
This needs to be an AP exclusive, then a band chat, which leads to a live concert DVD, then a "reunion" a couple years down the road

I see what you did there.

UnderMyDreams 11/13/09 12:42 PM

Sucks!

anamericangod 11/13/09 12:43 PM

The Lost In Pacific Time EP is one of my favorite releases of this year. This band has never gotten old for me.

NationalProduct 11/13/09 12:43 PM

good for them... there is nothing better than soul seeking. Touring will kill friendships and spirits if you do it too long and neglect the normal human needs like family and outside friendships from the band. When your on tour, your not really traveling to travel. You dont even get the oppurtunity to enjoy the scenery and sights because your just trying to get some sleep before sound check, then selling yourself on stage for 30mins to an hour, then merch, then on the road and repeat.

This last year for me personally, saying hell no to touring and working with kids in orphanages in ukraine, and living in the jungle in Guatemala with natives was one of the best experiences I could have ever had. it made me miss my guys and want to do something more with my life than just be some dude in a band. Its crazy the things you begin to define yourself as and only when you step away can you really break from that and see that there is so much more depth to people than their jobs, their skin color, and circumstance.

so good for them... i love this band, still cant get over the record they did with Wisner.

GregisXcore 11/13/09 12:44 PM

while they are gone people will realize how good their past 2 releases have been and await their return
band gets a break (which the lead singer prob needs doesn't he have a kid on the way or something) and the hype will build until they come back

WaitedFuture 11/13/09 12:44 PM

Pullin' a FOB

Metal Now 11/13/09 12:48 PM

I hope they make something less cookie cutter than Fast Times when they get back together.

contentloser 11/13/09 12:49 PM

i hope they atleast make up the atlanta date they missed a few weeks ago. the only reason i decided to go to the ap tour, and now they're going away? bah. i don't want a hot miserable warped tour to be the way i remember their live show.

katieissweet 11/13/09 12:51 PM

This will be good for them. They haven't really had too much time off in a while. I would hate for them to get burnt out and break up completely.

ezco25 11/13/09 12:52 PM

breajk up
please

HometownHero 11/13/09 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by contentloser (Post 57321872)
i hope they atleast make up the atlanta date they missed a few weeks ago. the only reason i decided to go to the ap tour, and now they're going away? bah. i don't want a hot miserable warped tour to be the way i remember their live show.

Selfish much?

HometownHero 11/13/09 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezco25 (Post 57321981)
breajk up
please

Die. Please

Mattylikesfilms 11/13/09 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deezee (Post 57320692)
I love these guys but I knew this was coming. I said to my self when "Fast Times" came out: If this album doesn't blow up they're going to break up or go on hiatus... Kinda like three strikes and you're out.

Agreed. When that album came out I figured it was most likely their last.

I just want another album in the same vein of Santi. That album is and always will be their best.

Mattylikesfilms 11/13/09 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamericangod (Post 57321471)
The Lost In Pacific Time EP is one of my favorite releases of this year. This band has never gotten old for me.

Really? God I thought it was boring but at least it was better than the "fast times" record. That was just an album I made myself like cause I wanted to. There are like 3 gems on the album but the rest are mehhhh

Santi rulez lolz

Jason Tate 11/13/09 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 57320662)
This needs to be an AP exclusive, then a band chat, which leads to a live concert DVD, then a "reunion" a couple years down the road

You're kind of an ass.