AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Arms and Sleepers Need Your Help (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1444332)

Blake Solomon 11/25/09 03:02 PM

Arms and Sleepers Need Your Help
 
Arms and Sleepers is trying to raise some money. Donating will get you some cool things from the guys.

Submitted by chooit

I am Mick 11/25/09 03:21 PM

donating money and getting things is really just "buying."

but those seem pretty cool

untitled2112 11/25/09 04:05 PM

sell owl pictures

edit: PAINTINGs

Analog Rebellion 11/25/09 05:16 PM

I'm starting to see a trend here. People can't afford to play music for a living anymore. I wonder how that happened... Needless to say, the entire death of the music industry is going to have a negative impact on the quality of the music that's being released. It's sad, really.

untitled2112 11/25/09 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog Rebellion (Post 57943111)
I'm starting to see a trend here. People can't afford to play music for a living anymore. I wonder how that happened... Needless to say, the entire death of the music industry is going to have a negative impact on the quality of the music that's being released. It's sad, really.

its been happenin bro. prolly just never paid attention back in the day.

briantalife 11/25/09 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog Rebellion (Post 57943111)
I'm starting to see a trend here. People can't afford to play music for a living anymore. I wonder how that happened... Needless to say, the entire death of the music industry is going to have a negative impact on the quality of the music that's being released. It's sad, really.

i disagree, i think it'll thin the heard and only people who truly love what they do for the sake of doing it will be left standing.

destroying you 11/25/09 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog Rebellion (Post 57943111)
I'm starting to see a trend here. People can't afford to play music for a living anymore. I wonder how that happened... Needless to say, the entire death of the music industry is going to have a negative impact on the quality of the music that's being released. It's sad, really.


False. If by "the death of the music industry" you mean that the numbers of people who are paying for recorded music have fallen, then thus far I completely disagree that the quality of the music has also fallen. This year has been my favourite year for music since 2004- and I'm not an impressionable 16 year old any more.

untitled2112 11/25/09 05:36 PM

yo this HAS been a baller year for music. across the board.

briantalife 11/25/09 05:37 PM

i love this band and this is an awesome idea and their explanation really helps their cause. i hope they reach their goal. if you haven't seen this band live go see them. i just ordered matador on vinyl.

destroying you 11/25/09 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thereforeiam (Post 57944072)
i love this band and this is an awesome idea and their explanation really helps their cause. i hope they reach their goal. if you haven't seen this band live go see them. i just ordered matador on vinyl.


I wish they were coming a bit nearer to me on their forthcoming tour, then I definately would go and see them.

tail_ler 11/25/09 05:47 PM

$200 to have a song written for you that only you will have, i have to say thats kinda cool. I wonder if the buyer gets the rights to the song

speedygonz 11/25/09 06:00 PM

This band's name is such a tease because it resembles Armor For Sleep. GAH.

DanielJames 11/25/09 06:21 PM

Never even heard of this band before. I'll have to check them out.

Analog Rebellion 11/25/09 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untitled2112 (Post 57943432)
its been happenin bro. prolly just never paid attention back in the day.

I was being sarcastic. I see this all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thereforeiam (Post 57943742)
i disagree, i think it'll thin the heard and only people who truly love what they do for the sake of doing it will be left standing.

Yes, so then only the money-makers like Brokencyde and Millionaires are left standing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroying you (Post 57943971)
False. If by "the death of the music industry" you mean that the numbers of people who are paying for recorded music have fallen, then thus far I completely disagree that the quality of the music has also fallen. This year has been my favourite year for music since 2004- and I'm not an impressionable 16 year old any more.

I have personally, and when I say 'personally', I mean personally, witnessed several artists cease to regularly make music because they are no longer financially capable of doing so. Great, talented artists that can't record or tour because they're broke. The little guy is hurting in this music industry climate, no matter what you're told by AP and Spin magazine. There is a lot of great music not being made right now as a direct result of what is going on.

Bi11 Lumburgh 11/25/09 09:03 PM

the music industry will thin out, but not in a good way, only the pop icons will be left standing because for whatever reason, the general public listens to them, rap artists, nickelback and alike, and pop stars will continue to make money hand over fist, while the little guys continue to struggle, but you can only struggle for so long, do you want to continue to struggle well into your 30's and 40's? It's difficult to have a family while on the road in the first place, and add in the fact that you barely make enough money for yourself to survive, much less a wife and a child, it's nearly impossible, it really is a sad state of affairs

If only the mass public would appreciate talent instead of the length of their bangs, put the music back into MTV, now thats a world that I want to live in