AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Greeley Estates - No Rain, No Rainbow (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1500591)

ndoleman 01/07/10 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Machetes (Post 60004811)
I really think Go West Young Man was the pinnacle of their career. We'll see how this turns out, but a lot of the songs sound the same. I've heard about 4 songs.

After putting out 2 solid and different albums already, i think they definitely wanted to take this one heavier to make for a better live show.

Young Machetes 01/07/10 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndoleman (Post 60011052)
After putting out 2 solid and different albums already, i think they definitely wanted to take this one heavier to make for a better live show.

That makes sense. Their live shows are always lots of fun, and I'm sure this new material will fit in well with the hardcore kids.

parkerxcore 01/07/10 01:50 PM

I used to get promos but that was before science split. I'm excited for this album, they always enjoyed the heavier songs more, so it fits that they would go in this direction. Hope the best for these boys they deserve it.

cory-182 01/07/10 03:17 PM

I used to love these guys. Their EP is still a favorite of mine.

I stopped listening to them after I saw them last winter and they played an entire set of stuff off Go West, except one other song.

encmetalhead 01/07/10 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndoleman (Post 60007981)
Also he doesnt talk about the other guest vocals like jared from blessthefall on "swim for your life" and Beau from blessthefall on "Lying Through Your Teeth Doesn't Count As Flossing". Both appearance's are solid. Oh and Craig mabbitt is on Jealousy breeds Killing Sprees for those who didnt know already.

Label Manager didn't get me a list of guests in time for this review...in fact I never got a list...damn lazy bum haha <3 ya if you're reading this :-P

more heart 01/07/10 05:26 PM

Don't they say to not to write reviews for albums before they're released in case a staff member should review it?

encmetalhead 01/07/10 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by more heart (Post 60037871)
Don't they say to now write reviews for albums before they're released in case a staff member should review it?

Dude, they didn't have to approve it. I was kinda expecting them to not approve it actually.

silent_platypus 01/22/10 06:19 PM

I like how their sound is continually evolving.

On the other hand, it annoys me that merely going heavier and more technical in style and song structure (as has been the progressively more evident trend in these last 2 releases since "Far From The Lies") is "evolution and improvement in sound" while going back to the melodic, catchy sound/structures of "Far From The Lies" at this point would be defined by the scene as "selling out." Narrow-minded (as if nobody knew already)...

_andy_killface_ 01/28/10 09:31 AM

its a something new and its all good too. some bands just need to give themselves a new style sometimes and i say that greeley estates changes for the best. :)
buuuuuuuut i still miss the singing... kinda lol
plus i love all the songs that feature other artist!

absoluut 02/08/10 06:08 PM

pretty tight. like this way more than go west. namely because ryan doesn't have the random note drags and drops that made a lot of the songs sound the same. guest vocals are amazing too. check this record out if you haven't already.

iamghost 02/18/10 01:20 PM

best album ever =]

absoluut 02/19/10 10:26 PM

good review. songs are pretty repetitive

brandon_260 02/22/10 09:24 AM

I was disappointed by this album compared to their prior releases. I feel the track with Beau Bokan (blessthefall) should have featured more of his vocals. They have a more "Bring Me The Horizon" sound on NRNR

brandon_260 05/26/10 09:19 AM

Swim For Your Lives is epic

heavy_chron1c 08/01/10 05:29 PM

i was very surprised when i first listened to this album, i actually baught it without knowing what to expect really. ill defenately be able to listen to it over and over again a few times and i really think that in this heavier style theyve achieved a better sound in general and it actually sounds amazing. ITs very diffrent from their older stuff and ya i agree that with this album the vocals have lost some of their originality that could very well be distinguished in the previous albums but i think theyre moving toward something good and they could easily make many more and new fans if they keep in this direction of style. Lol and ya i think their concerts are gonna be more intence with some of these new songs