AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Free Music Friday (01/15/10) (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1514681)

Linda Ferreira 01/15/10 01:32 AM

Free Music Friday (01/15/10)

Here is this week's installment of Free Music Friday. Check the replies for the submissions.

Linda Ferreira 01/15/10 01:32 AM

Free Music Friday Please send any new submissions to reviews@absolutepunk.net with "Free" in the subject line.

Submissions should include your band's name, title of submission (and whether it is a full length, EP or single song), myspace or website link, and similar bands for the "recommended if you like" section. Please upload it to a downloading website such as mediafire or megaupload and send that link.

Full Lengths
Disconnect Disconnect Records - Volume One Compilation
facebook
RIYL: melodic punk rock, melodic hardcore, acoustic, etc.

Like So - Goes To The Supermarket And Never Returns

myspace
RIYL: Mathy, emotional indie rock with balls. Maps & Atlases, This Town Needs Guns, and Damiera

Rocketship Romance - Maxwell's Revenge
myspace
RIYL: Daft Punk, Junior Boys, Abandoned Pools, Owl City, No! Landmark No!, Instrumental Electronica

A No Coast November - Old Words In New Phrases
facebook myspace
RIYL: Anberlin, Envy on the Coast, There For Tomorrow, Taking Back Sunday, Just Surrender

Dare of the Day - Where We Stand
myspace
RIYL: Rise Against, Thrice, Thursday

EPs
Banquet - Swing Low
myspace
RIYL: Rocky Votolato, Neil Young, Bon Iver

Trunks & Tales - Free Market Fail EP
myspace
RIYL: Jawbreaker, Hot Water Music, Lucero, The Gaslight Anthem

Drew Danburry - Geraniums EP
Website
RIYL:The Avett Brothers mixed with Tim Kasher, Neil Young, David Karsten Daniels

Single Songs
AprilMayReign - "Curses"
purevolume
RIYL: Alesana, Vanna, From First To Last

Ideal Fathers - "Tokyo Gore Police" and "Guitari 2600" (2-Song Single)
idealfathers.com
RIYL: Gang of Four, Dead Kennedys, A Place To Bury Strangers, The Bronx, Fugazi, Buzzcocks

Lanterns - "Midnight Psalms (Alright!)"
myspace
RIYL: ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, Bloc Party, Most Serene Republic

Year Long Disaster - "Show Me Your Teeth"
myspace
RIYL: ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead

Kandi Coded - "Hurt Till It Bleeds"
myspace
RIYL: Nirvana, Soundgarden, Black Flag

Jacobs Ladder - "Home Alone Tonight" off of Ours for the Taking Produced By Cyrus Bolooki of New Found Glory
myspace
RIYL: Coheed and Cambria, Foo Fighters, New Found Glory, Bayside

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants - "The Ballad"
myspace
RIYL: Glassjaw, As Tall As Lions, Portugal the Man, The Mars Volta

Drew Danburry - "Religion of Me" (right click/save as)
website
RIYL:The Avett Brothers mixed with Tim Kasher, Neil Young, David Karsten Daniels

Archive
Jan 8 ... Jan 1 ... Dec 25 ... Dec 18 ... Dec 11 ... Dec 4 ... Nov 27 ... Nov 20 ... Nov 13 ...Nov 6 ... Oct 30 ... Oct 23 ... Oct 16 ... Oct 9 ... Oct 2 ... Sept 25 ... Sept 18 ... Sept 11 ... Sept 4 ... Aug 28 ... Aug 21 ... Aug 14 ... Aug 7 ... July 31 ... July 24 ... July 17 ... July 10 ... July 3 ... June 26 ... June 19 ... June 12 ... June 5 ... May 29 ... May 22 ... May 15 ... May 8 ... May 1 ... Apr 24 ... Apr 17 ... Mar 27 ... Mar 6 ... Feb 20 ... Feb 6 ... Jan 30 ... Jan 23 ... Jan 13

itstheLaserRain 01/15/10 02:21 AM

RIYL This Town Needs Guns? Will definitley get the Like So full length. :)

rachellethrash 01/15/10 02:40 AM

Rocketship Romance just does remixes of songs. Nothing special.

Formatfun 01/15/10 03:34 AM

I think I'll listen to A No Coast November...

Lozee Rose 01/15/10 04:41 AM

A No Coast November are pretty damn good - definitely worth checking out

Sarcasm 01/15/10 05:54 AM

Would listen to A No Coast November if it wasn't on Mediafire. Can't get on here.

ActionActionFan 01/15/10 07:04 AM

Download A No Coast November. It is quite good.

JonnyJonnyJonny 01/15/10 07:16 AM

Didnt like A No Coast November so much but i think there is potential there. I did however think Standing on the Shoulder Of Giants were pretty talented. Kinda sorta liked Jacob's Ladder... meh

disconnectjohn 01/15/10 07:59 AM

Anyone check out the compilation yet? A big mix of punk rock, pop punk etc from all over the world. Features American/Canadian bands You Vandal, The Braces, In Bear Country, Hear The Sirens and Bastards Of Young.

Any feedback would be appreciated, and thanks in advance for checking it out!

eatsound 01/15/10 08:05 AM

Trunks & Tales sounds pretty good. Downloading their EP....

melodyfean 01/15/10 08:47 AM

standing on the shoulders of giants....whoa.

sethAsteria 01/15/10 09:00 AM

"Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants" just released their Debut Full-length "With Anticipation" on January 12th!! its rediculous... everyone needs to hear this band

oldwirehands 01/15/10 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sethAsteria (Post 60456402)
"Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants" just released their Debut Full-length "With Anticipation" on January 12th!! its rediculous... everyone needs to hear this band

This.

I know for a fact that a lot of people on this site would love this band if they would just listen to it. Grab the free song!

xtheaudition 01/15/10 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachellethrash (Post 60450401)
Rocketship Romance just does remixes of songs. Nothing special.

those are all originals, not covers, what are you talking about?