AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Entertainment (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
  -  The Dark Knight Rises (Christopher Nolan, 2012) (SPOILERS) (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1551841)

neo506 04/30/12 12:05 PM

There's nothing there yet, but:

http://thedarkknightrises.warnerbros..._TRL3_480p.flv

neo506 04/30/12 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrorsandfevers (Post 107236192)
Of course all the Florida areas are in Miami.

NC never gets anything like this :bluesad:

Cody Nelson 04/30/12 12:07 PM

None in MN. Dumb.

VeryWittyName 04/30/12 12:16 PM

So tempted to find the one in Brighton, but saying "the arches" isn't too specific.

josepablo32 04/30/12 12:17 PM

So friggin' awesome.

drudo182 04/30/12 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo506 (Post 107236432)

My player now has a spinning loading circle. Didn't have that about ten minutes ago.

drudo182 04/30/12 12:19 PM

There are a ton in Kansas City right now but I'm not there. Wish I was going home earlier.

Mirrorsandfevers 04/30/12 12:28 PM

All I get is that loading circle too, it's been there for awhile.

Nolessthanblink 04/30/12 12:31 PM

Anticipation is killing me...

CubbyNick42 04/30/12 01:07 PM

One is about a block from my office in downtown Atlanta. I went down this morning, but I didn't know what I was looking for. I'll check again after work.

imtherealdave 04/30/12 01:56 PM

In the previous films, Nolan was able to keep the characters grounded enough that they didn't become living cartoons like the Schumacher era movies. The little that I've seen from the Dark Knight Rises makes me wonder if he's going to be able to pull it off this time. Can someone put my fears at ease?

sweetforever 04/30/12 01:59 PM

Cannot wait for that new trailer.

Thomas Nassiff 04/30/12 01:59 PM

Trying to decide whether I'm anticipating this movie or the new Gaslight Anthem record more.

Jason Tate 04/30/12 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtherealdave (Post 107246082)
In the previous films, Nolan was able to keep the characters grounded enough that they didn't become living cartoons like the Schumacher era movies. The little that I've seen from the Dark Knight Rises makes me wonder if he's going to be able to pull it off this time. Can someone put my fears at ease?

Yeah, he's Christopher Nolan - not Joel Sucksatmakingmovies.

Done.

imtherealdave 04/30/12 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 107246552)
Yeah, he's Christopher Nolan - not Joel Sucksatmakingmovies.

Done.

Thanks. Hopefully, it's that simple.

vivatoto56 04/30/12 02:05 PM

MI Looked like MT for a second and I was so happy I almost exploded.

Thomas Nassiff 04/30/12 02:07 PM

Do we have any way of knowing how many have been done and how many are left to go?

jwicklun 04/30/12 02:09 PM

Dammit I want to see this trailer. The anticipation is killing me.

drudo182 04/30/12 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtherealdave (Post 107246082)

What makes you say that?

jwicklun 04/30/12 02:16 PM

Nolan will put the nipples back on the Bat suit.

imtherealdave 04/30/12 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drudo182 (Post 107247442)
What makes you say that?

The screen cap I posted is one example.

Cpt. Geech 04/30/12 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtherealdave (Post 107248672)

you think Nolan Bane looks cartoony?

drudo182 04/30/12 02:42 PM

Quote:

Looks pretty real to me.

donwagenblast 04/30/12 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 107246412)
Trying to decide whether I'm anticipating this movie or the new Gaslight Anthem record more.

We're so spoiled that they're being released within 5 days of one another.

Nolessthanblink 04/30/12 02:43 PM

Quote:

we went almost 6000 posts without a troll... lets not start now. any comparison if Nolan to Schumaker is laughable.

BAAAAANNNNEEEE. BBBOOOOMMMMBBBB.

Lets be serious here...

vivatoto56 04/30/12 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drudo182 (Post 107249652)
Looks pretty real to me.

I guess the mask is too cartoony.

FallenEmpyr 04/30/12 03:05 PM

Haha Bane doesn't look "cartoony" at all

jwicklun 04/30/12 03:13 PM

I mean cartoony would have been if Nolan kept the luchador mask.

justinwho 04/30/12 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivatoto56 (Post 107246852)
MI Looked like MT for a second and I was so happy I almost exploded.

i did the same thing, man.

we always get screwed out of awesome things

justinwho 04/30/12 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 107246972)
Do we have any way of knowing how many have been done and how many are left to go?

i've just been going off of the whole hashtag thing they have going on on twitter

#tdkr07202012

imtherealdave 04/30/12 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolessthanblink (Post 107249732)
we went almost 6000 posts without a troll... lets not start now. any comparison if Nolan to Schumaker is laughable.

BAAAAANNNNEEEE. BBBOOOOMMMMBBBB.

Lets be serious here...

You may be trying to troll, but I'm not. I just honestly don't like the look. Someone isn't trolling just because they don't agree with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt. Geech (Post 107249372)
you think Nolan Bane looks cartoony?

Maybe not cartoonish, but definitely ridiculous. I'm not a fan of his gigantic breathing apparatus. There had to be a more practical way to pull that off. I'm hoping it'll look better when it's actually in the finished film. I've read in a few places that Bane's voice is improved in the new trailer, so maybe he'll look better when everything's completed.

I still have faith. I remember everyone freaking out when Heath Ledger was named as the joker and I think everyone can agree that he did a great job.

Nolessthanblink 04/30/12 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtherealdave (Post 107252732)
You may be trying to troll, but I'm not. I just honestly don't like the look. Someone isn't trolling just because they don't agree with you.

Maybe not cartoonish, but definitely ridiculous. I'm not a fan of his gigantic breathing apparatus. There had to be a more practical way to pull that off. I'm hoping it'll look better when it's actually in the finished film. I've read in a few places that Bane's voice is improved in the new trailer, so maybe he'll look better when everything's completed.

I still have faith. I remember everyone freaking out when Heath Ledger was named as the joker and I think everyone can agree that he did a great job.

You can't "have faith" and question what he's doing with the film. That's like a double negative. Just curious, what's wrong with his mask and how would you make it more "real"? I'm not trying to argue or be difficult, I'm just curious as to how you'd improve it since you're so quick to criticize. I think it looks fine, and as someone mentioned above, at least he doesn't have the lucha libre mask anymore. haha

ImTheSheriff 04/30/12 03:28 PM

i wish i wish back home and not at school because i'd be in Pittsburgh looking for all those.

Jason Tate 04/30/12 03:31 PM

Thought this was the practical way to pull it off?

drudo182 04/30/12 03:42 PM

He has a reason why he wears the mask. Obviously you want it to look cool and have a reason for being there and it looks and sounds like they came up with a good one.

People are going to harp all over Catwoman and Bane in this one. Just impossible to make anyone happy it seems.

drudo182 04/30/12 03:46 PM

imtherealdave 04/30/12 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolessthanblink (Post 107252902)
You can't "have faith" and question what he's doing with the film. That's like a double negative. Just curious, what's wrong with his mask and how would you make it more "real"? I'm not trying to argue or be difficult, I'm just curious as to how you'd improve it since you're so quick to criticize. I think it looks fine, and as someone mentioned above, at least he doesn't have the lucha libre mask anymore. haha

Maybe not total faith.. but I have faith.. or at least I'm trying to.

I'm glad he's not wearing a wrestling mask. I can agree with you there. I'd just like it to look a little less like an action figure I might have had as a kid and maybe a little more military or medical. Besides, I don't know Nolan's exact backstory but from what I remember Bane needs to take a particular drug once every 12 hours. He doesn't necessarily need a breathing apparatus for that. In most of the stories Bane usually has it transmitted via a pump/tube but it seems like he could inject himself every 12 hours and forgo the device all together.

vivatoto56 04/30/12 04:09 PM

That's like complaining that the Joker wore too much make up.

imtherealdave 04/30/12 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivatoto56 (Post 107255472)
That's like complaining that the Joker wore too much make up.

Please elaborate.

Jason Tate 04/30/12 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtherealdave (Post 107254862)
Maybe not total faith.. but I have faith.. or at least I'm trying to.

I'm glad he's not wearing a wrestling mask. I can agree with you there. I'd just like it to look a little less like an action figure I might have had as a kid and maybe a little more military or medical. Besides, I don't know Nolan's exact backstory but from what I remember Bane needs to take a particular drug once every 12 hours. He doesn't necessarily need a breathing apparatus for that. In most of the stories Bane usually has it transmitted via a pump/tube but it seems like he could inject himself every 12 hours and forgo the device all together.

It's already been established he takes the pain relieving drug in aerosol form through the mask.

And Bane, the character, has a mask -- not having the mask for the character would be way worse.

Jason Tate 04/30/12 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drudo182 (Post 107254342)

What movie is that from?

jwicklun 04/30/12 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 107256582)
What movie is that from?

Batman/Superman: Public Enemies. It's okay, but it's always refreshing to hear Kevin Conroy and Tim Daley as Batman/Superman as well as have Clancy Brown return as Lex Luthor.

Jason Tate 04/30/12 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwicklun (Post 107256792)
Batman/Superman: Public Enemies. It's okay, but it's always refreshing to hear Kevin Conroy and Tim Daley as Batman/Superman as well as have Clancy Brown return as Lex Luthor.

I have seen that. Haha, just forgot.

imtherealdave 04/30/12 05:12 PM

Now that I have a few minutes I thought I'd elaborate on what I said earlier as it seems to be an unpopular sentiment..

Keep in mind that I'm not giving up on this movie or saying that it's going to be awful. I'm just not a fan of the mask.

It looks like it was designed to be menacing, but it just looks silly to me. I think I'd like it better if it didn't have the exaggerated piping. It would also be nice if it looked it had some sort of storage capacity. The only function I feel that this mask could serve would be as a Hannibal Lecter type restraint.

I'm not the most knowledgeable comic book person, but I think it would have been preferable for them to choose a different method for dispensing his drugs and incorporated the mask in a less prominent way.

Hopefully when I see the movie, I'll find out that the mask works well and learn that I was wrong about it. However, as of now I think it is a questionable costume choice. No one here has to agree with me, but I hope you guys can at least respect my opinion.

ImTheSheriff 04/30/12 05:21 PM

jesus christ, shut the fuck up.

imtherealdave 04/30/12 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImTheSheriff (Post 107260132)
jesus christ, shut the fuck up.

Sorry.

I'll try to be more of a fan boy next time. :-(

Theseventhson 04/30/12 05:26 PM

there's a difference between being a fanboy and being nit-picky because a comic book character is wearing a mask.

Jason Tate 04/30/12 05:30 PM

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 3 Frame by Frame

ImTheSheriff 04/30/12 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtherealdave (Post 107260352)
Sorry.

I'll try to be more of a fan boy next time. :-(

you don't have to be a fan boy but you are sitting here making post after post deconstructing his mask. who fucking cares? if the movie is awesome and he was wearing a paper bag over his head i wouldn't care. and in my opinion it fits in perfect with the batman universe that Nolan has created. Nolan has made 2 great films already but you do have to realize that it still is a super hero movie so you have to suspend some belief.

Nolessthanblink 04/30/12 05:34 PM

In all fairness, he stated his initial thought/opinion, and is open-minded about "getting it" once the movie comes out. Let's cut the guy some slack fellas.

I hear you Dave. I'm glad you're open-minded about it and not calling the movie stupid or saying it's going to suck because of the mask. It's okay that you don't love it. That's what opinions are for man. :buddies:

I love Bane's look #Nolanfanboy