AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Sonny and an Ocean (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1647672)

Blake Solomon 04/16/10 07:44 AM

Sonny and an Ocean
 
Sonny just put up a new track today entitled "Ocean" on myspace.

Submitted by Edhardt

gusta0117 04/16/10 07:50 AM

what has he become?

Coverbydesign 04/16/10 07:51 AM

SOMEONE has been rocking to much prodigy

deFobbed14yrs 04/16/10 07:54 AM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and did anyone else notice Sonny's hair

_><_ 04/16/10 07:56 AM

L O L

guitarnick20 04/16/10 08:29 AM

I was just talking with a few guitar teachers at my local music store about music and I really think that they were right when they said too many people play "music" nowadays.

Trashcore 04/16/10 08:29 AM

It's better than most of the trash he falsely labels "music" but still just absolute garbage.

SomedayTheFire 04/16/10 08:34 AM

ahahahahahahahahahahah

KY Jelly 04/16/10 08:34 AM

well that sucked....

PoweredbyPJ 04/16/10 09:01 AM

This one isnt that great, not as good as turmoil/lustbug which is probably why he put it at the bottom of his playlist...

So much hate in this thread, I think the top two songs are actually really interestingly put together

SuNDaYSTaR 04/16/10 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign (Post 65516372)
SOMEONE has been rocking to much prodigy

Haha yeah.

Mikey18244 04/16/10 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire (Post 65519012)
ahahahahahahahahahahah

nice Ampharos avatar! i was raising one in my Heart Gold but tossed it when i caught the Snorlax

xsandwichesx 04/16/10 09:47 AM

Sonny just needs to stop. Please.

Coverbydesign 04/16/10 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarnick20 (Post 65518692)
I was just talking with a few guitar teachers at my local music store about music and I really think that they were right when they said too many people play "music" nowadays.

it is true.Every jackass that figure outs how to run fruity loops or reasons thinks they are a musician

jaryd 04/16/10 10:03 AM

I told him he sucked at a concert and he mooned me.

steve187 04/16/10 10:28 AM

I'd probably prefer Trace's shit over this..absolutely horrible.

aceknifefight 04/16/10 10:38 AM

i think its good , so what he uses fruity loops probley reason and whatever else thats made it easier for ppl like me to express our own talents individualy , get over it , to hate means your intimidated , or your just a hater by your dna , jelous cause your not the one thats doin it , " yea im cool cause i told sonny he sucks at a concert" ok im sure thats the one high point in your life .

aradiantsunrise 04/16/10 11:10 AM

Awful.

Ravenous 04/16/10 11:14 AM

I thought that was pretty cool

BigAl 04/16/10 12:00 PM

I actually enjoy this.

snu 04/16/10 12:24 PM

His voice sounds slightly better. I think it sounds alright. I want to say it's better than anything off the EP he released a while back. Those other two tracks are newish as well...or at least I haven't heard them anywhere (but I don't keep up with his myspace page).

bstills90 04/16/10 01:32 PM

well the intro was cool... then. well...

snu 04/16/10 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarnick20 (Post 65518692)
I was just talking with a few guitar teachers at my local music store about music and I really think that they were right when they said too many people play "music" nowadays.


If I taught guitar I'd hope tons of people played music so I could make more money. That's like Gatorade saying to many athletes drink Gatorade...it'd be cool if they drunk Powerade instead.

The local music shop guitar teacher aka still sour I didn't make it.


Ryan Gardner 04/16/10 02:11 PM

Ugh, this is terrible.

Edhardt 04/16/10 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign (Post 65523552)
it is true.Every jackass that figure outs how to run fruity loops or reasons thinks they are a musician

So, you don't consider electronic artists musicians? Do you consider drum and bass or dubstep musical genres?

Deadmau5 "figured out" how to run FL Studio, you're saying he isn't a musician? Noisia, diplo, tek-one, skism, dastik, squarepusher, evol intent, none of them are musicians in the least?


FYI, sonny runs Ableton.

dickrat 04/16/10 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edhardt (Post 65544702)
So, you don't consider electronic artists musicians? Do you consider drum and bass or dubstep musical genres?

Deadmau5 "figured out" how to run FL Studio, you're saying he isn't a musician? Noisia, diplo, tek-one, skism, dastik, none of them are musicians in the least?


FYI, sonny runs Ableton.

you said tek-one... i think you meant Tech N9ne. Carribou Lou anyone?

Edhardt 04/16/10 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickrat (Post 65545922)
you said tek-one... i think you meant Tech N9ne. Carribou Lou anyone?

Umm no. I meant tek-one, like I said.

http://www.myspace.com/tekoneuk

TheFaceOfZach 04/16/10 03:21 PM

Turmoil is the best song he's made so far. It's still mediocre, but promising.

Javs 04/16/10 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign (Post 65523552)
it is true.Every jackass that figure outs how to run fruity loops or reasons thinks they are a musician

I wil guarantee you his shit wasn't made on FL Studio.


I don't get the hate. This shit is fun and interesting.

Coverbydesign 04/16/10 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edhardt (Post 65544702)
So, you don't consider electronic artists musicians? Do you consider drum and bass or dubstep musical genres?

Deadmau5 "figured out" how to run FL Studio, you're saying he isn't a musician? Noisia, diplo, tek-one, skism, dastik, squarepusher, evol intent, none of them are musicians in the least?


FYI, sonny runs Ableton.

no iam saying the kids that figure out how to use those programs and not do anything with it. I listen to alot of electronic and drum and bass dj. Alot of Djs use those programs plus other ones plus they spin big difference from some jackass making shitty music with one program

Edhardt 04/16/10 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign (Post 65548892)
no iam saying the kids that figure out how to use those programs and not do anything with it. I listen to alot of electronic and drum and bass dj. Alot of Djs use those programs plus other ones plus they spin big difference from some jackass making shitty music with one program

And where do you think people start? All those good electronic artists started somewhere. They didn't just install top of the line programs and plugins, get hardware, and magically just know how to use all of it well. You start simple at the bottom and work your way up, expanding your setup from perhaps even only one program as you learn more.

Also, sonny does dj. http://www.myspace.com/skrillex

wecanbeheroes 04/16/10 05:03 PM

well that was interesting. not something anyone is going to listen to unless they were getting messed up at some techno club or something.

TLJAMMMM 04/16/10 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaryd (Post 65524282)
I told him he sucked at a concert and he mooned me.

He probably assumed you were going to rape him to make up for how he raped your ears with his horrible voice and music.

Armor42 04/16/10 05:44 PM

^this

Un'Aria Ancora 04/16/10 05:59 PM

ew. voice. don't.

xapplexpiex 04/16/10 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaryd (Post 65524282)
I told him he sucked at a concert and he mooned me.

Wow. How mature...

Pupa 04/16/10 07:39 PM

I really enjoy almost all of Sonny's solo stuff. I like the imagery in his lyrics and the vocals in his demos. Getting tired of the identical drum n bass-ish breakdowns in his studio tracks and remixes though. One thing that really surprises me is how harsh people are whenever he shows up on this site. His solo stuff alienated a decent portion of his original fanbase in FFTL and is pretty badly recieved in general. I don't get why people on this site act like he's doing this just for fame or attention. It takes balls to sing songs like his to rock audiences which for the most part are laughing at him. He would have quit by now if he didn't believe in his music and feel he had something to say.

Ravenous 04/16/10 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pupa (Post 65560272)
I really enjoy almost all of Sonny's solo stuff. I like the imagery in his lyrics and the vocals in his demos. Getting tired of the identical drum n bass-ish breakdowns in his studio tracks and remixes though. One thing that really surprises me is how harsh people are whenever he shows up on this site. His solo stuff alienated a decent portion of his original fanbase in FFTL and is pretty badly recieved in general. I don't get why people on this site act like he's doing this just for fame or attention. It takes balls to sing songs like his to rock audiences which for the most part are laughing at him. He would have quit by now if he didn't believe in his music and feel he had something to say.

Because if it doesn't have anything to do with Brand New, A Day to Remember, New Found Glory, or Four Year Strong, people on this site find it necessary to cry foul.

KatastrophiE 04/16/10 10:12 PM

Sonny's really growing into his new sound, good for him. he puts up with a lot of shit, i dunno how he keeps his head up. Lookin forward to an album

Coverbydesign 04/16/10 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edhardt (Post 65551812)
And where do you think people start? All those good electronic artists started somewhere. They didn't just install top of the line programs and plugins, get hardware, and magically just know how to use all of it well. You start simple at the bottom and work your way up, expanding your setup from perhaps even only one program as you learn more.

Also, sonny does dj. http://www.myspace.com/skrillex

I understand your trying defend sonny. Which I understand never said he was bad..I have some of his dj stuff and its good.

BUT I know people who spin and dj and most of them learned how to run tables and mix before they messed with reasons or fruit loops. Like my freind joe told me its easier to learn how to run a mixing programs after you learn how to spin.

But whatever dude I am not going to fight with you

I was more or less talking about the kids that figure out how to make a techno beat then sing or scream over it.

I respect all djs..I mean shit I did drop 90 dollars last year to see justice and a bunch of djs for nothing.

Edhardt 04/17/10 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign (Post 65568962)
I understand your trying defend sonny. Which I understand never said he was bad..I have some of his dj stuff and its good.

BUT I know people who spin and dj and most of them learned how to run tables and mix before they messed with reasons or fruit loops. Like my freind joe told me its easier to learn how to run a mixing programs after you learn how to spin.

But whatever dude I am not going to fight with you

I was more or less talking about the kids that figure out how to make a techno beat then sing or scream over it.

I respect all djs..I mean shit I did drop 90 dollars last year to see justice and a bunch of djs for nothing.

Haha alright man, it's all good. Not sonny specifically, just electronic music in general, because it doesn't get too good a rep around here.

xtsukiyamax 04/17/10 06:36 AM

i really liked his remix of Bring Me The Horizon's The Sadness Will Never End . never listened to his other stuff though .

jaryd 04/17/10 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xapplexpiex (Post 65557492)
Wow. How mature...


Well not just me, it was on stage during his set.

xapplexpiex 04/17/10 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaryd (Post 65585382)
Well not just me, it was on stage during his set.

I meant him mooning you...and you telling him he sucks to his face.

jaryd 04/17/10 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xapplexpiex (Post 65585782)
I meant him mooning you...and you telling him he sucks to his face.

He deserved it.


WaterViolence 04/18/10 07:20 AM

So Pumped For His New Album!

Rid Ickulous 04/18/10 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign (Post 65523552)
it is true.Every jackass that figure outs how to run fruity loops or reasons thinks they are a musician


It's incredible how people on here are jockin' bands like InnerPartySystem but bashing this.

From a production stand-point this is pretty damn well executed.

Neither "Fruity Loops" or "Reasons" are software either. It's been FL for about 5 years and it's called Reason.

So:
Amazing that people who have no idea about anything keeps opening their mouths.

And, is that a fuckin' Enter Shikari avatar? Really? Wow, that's quite hypocritical.

Coverbydesign 04/18/10 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rid Ickulous (Post 65646752)
It's incredible how people on here are jockin' bands like InnerPartySystem but bashing this.

From a production stand-point this is pretty damn well executed.

Neither "Fruity Loops" or "Reasons" are software either. It's been FL for about 5 years and it's called Reason.

So:
Amazing that people who have no idea about anything keeps opening their mouths.

And, is that a fuckin' Enter Shikari avatar? Really? Wow, that's quite hypocritical.

Really dude..first off I was not bashing innerpartysystem

I was talking more about people who downloaded the sample programs for reason 5 or 6 and FL studios ALSO KNOW AS FRUITY LOOPS. And use it to make a shitty beat and then sing or scream over top of it make shitty music like BC13.

Second off how about you go look at the post I replied to from another person that started this.

guitarnick20 04/21/10 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snu (Post 65539522)
If I taught guitar I'd hope tons of people played music so I could make more money. That's like Gatorade saying to many athletes drink Gatorade...it'd be cool if they drunk Powerade instead.

The local music shop guitar teacher aka still sour I didn't make it.


How did I get served? I don't teach guitar, perhaps you should go back to liking From First to Last or whatever shitty "bands" who play "music" that you listen to.

The point was that too many kids play "music". It's fine to learn an instrument, but to try to write music, some people should stay away from that part. It's cool to strum guitar and bang on some drums or hum a tune, but when you try to write one, either make it good, or don't put it out unless it's a joke and it's the comedic effect you're going for.

Thanks for playing though, I'm glad you have about as much intuition as a brick.

snu 04/21/10 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarnick20 (Post 65863362)
How did I get served? I don't teach guitar, perhaps you should go back to liking From First to Last or whatever shitty "bands" who play "music" that you listen to.

The point was that too many kids play "music". It's fine to learn an instrument, but to try to write music, some people should stay away from that part. It's cool to strum guitar and bang on some drums or hum a tune, but when you try to write one, either make it good, or don't put it out unless it's a joke and it's the comedic effect you're going for.

Thanks for playing though, I'm glad you have about as much intuition as a brick.


Now come on dude don't be sour about me making a good point...but then again you didn't like my point so you probably didn't think it was good. I never said I liked FFTL and liking any band is subjective to the listener. Just saying guitar teachers shoudln't complain about more people getting into the business they're in. That's just good business for them.

Intuition as a brick hah! Funny stuff I'm just using my critical thinking skills to deduce that:

guitar teacher + guitar students = guitar lesson money

guitar teacher - guitar students = no money

So therefore the greater quantity of guitar students means a better financial outcome for a guitar teacher. Tons of people have always played music and tons of them suck, no more kids play music now than they use to, it's just easier to put out so you have to sit through everyone's ugly step children and crappy songs.

The served thing was a joke...on that sorry buddy not too cool on my part.