AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  B.o.B - B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1686662)

mymusicismylife 05/08/10 06:44 PM

Drags a little at the end, but it's a good, fun album from a guy who's busted his ass to get where he is. I dig it.

Guern1ca 05/08/10 06:53 PM

Didn't come out of nowhere at all. He's a fun dude, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StartAngry&Mad (Post 67042592)
I can't take him seriously whatsoever, I'll always picture him in a wheelchair on Degrassi

How original!

Shakriel 05/08/10 06:53 PM

Really enjoy this album, good review.

However I hate the song with T.I. on it, "Bet I", I even deleted it from my iTunes.

say ocean 05/08/10 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 67041762)
It's okay, Wale, Cudi, and Drake are way better as far as freshman rappers go.

Nothing personal, but none of those names you mentioned and Bobby Ray are in the freshmen class anymore. If we're talking freshmen right now, we're talking Jay Rock, Wiz khalifa, J. Cole, and Big Sean.

I love this album, its quite a contender for AOTY for me personally. I agree with a lot of points in your review, but I was hoping you could touch on "Letters From Vietnam," but considering it's an itunes extra track, I understand.

kaylie34 05/08/10 07:04 PM

hey I really like your review :-)

WhoSaidThat? 05/08/10 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe DeAndrea (Post 67042402)
Expectations are ridiculously high for Drake.

Seriously. I find him good, but a lot of what I've heard that dropped from TML is hit or miss.

Great review, Joe. Glad that you have back from the dead. :-d

Drew Beringer 05/08/10 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by say ocean (Post 67043472)
Nothing personal, but none of those names you mentioned and Bobby Ray are in the freshmen class anymore. If we're talking freshmen right now, we're talking Jay Rock, Wiz khalifa, J. Cole, and Big Sean.

way to reference XXL magazines 2010 list. I'm talking about the recent debut albums in hip hop

sweetfootaction 05/08/10 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake Solomon (Post 67040392)
love just about every song on this record.

Even the TI song? I can't stand that track. Sounds like every other top 40's hip-hop song.

themusiclife 05/08/10 08:13 PM

Great review... I absolutely love this album so I couldn't agree more.

Cøltøn 05/08/10 08:14 PM

Pretty solid record. Past My Shades is the only song I don't really care for and even then it's not bad. Airplanes Pt. 2 is absolutely amazing. Em's verse makes me so stoked for Recovery.

dangerofthought 05/08/10 08:17 PM

for a guy that really doesn't listen to rap/hip-hop at all, i really like this album. i will admit that hayley was the only reason i listened to "Airplanes Pt. I" but when i picked up the rest of the album out of pure curiosity and i really like it. i agree that the only track i generally skip is "Bet I". can't get into that song. but "Nothin' On You", "Fame", "Ghosts", and "The Kids" are great tracks.

superBMRuth 05/08/10 08:24 PM

I love this album. This is going to be a good year for hip-hop. B.O.B., Kid Cudi, T.I., Sage Francis. mmmm, yess.

RonStoppable 05/08/10 08:53 PM

So good. No need to compare it to other hip hop albums, it is what it is. A solid, awesome record.

gahhh123 05/08/10 08:59 PM

Am I the only one that remembered Haterz Everywhere? Dude has changed, for the better.

Ryan Gardner 05/08/10 09:03 PM

Solid review, I'm really enjoying this record.