AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Tom Straddles Two Worlds (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1713052)

Blake Solomon 05/24/10 11:59 AM

Tom Straddles Two Worlds

An interview with Tom DeLonge, about how he juggles Blink-182 and Angels & Airwaves, can be read here.

Submitted by Nourez

ajayatepaint 05/24/10 12:04 PM

Tom needs to pull the stick out of his ass, stop the whole angels and airwaves thing, re learn how to sing, and just focus on blink.

notetoself343 05/24/10 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayatepaint (Post 67977062)
Tom needs to pull the stick out of his ass, stop the whole angels and airwaves thing, re learn how to sing, and just focus on blink.

this, blink should be his main focus on all their minds and its not. Travis and mark are doing their own thing to, its pretty annoying.

Avalanche1 05/24/10 12:09 PM

Why should blink be the main focus? They all have other things going on, things that they've been doing since blink broke up. Just because they reunited doesn't mean they should instantly drop everything else they've been working on and focus solely on blink.

SingledOut 05/24/10 12:10 PM

"The problem is, now that blink is back in my life, I have to decide if I want to express my angst or my soul.”

This should be interesting...

SingledOut 05/24/10 12:11 PM

“I would lose straight away if I went on ‘American Idol,’ ” DeLonge said. “But those guys (on ‘Idol’) will never be known for defining a generation of young suburbanites like (blink) did.”

funny way of putting it, but very true indeed...no one on idol, or much of any musician at all (with some exception ) can have such a huge impact on a single generation than mark tom and travis did

zachff 05/24/10 12:11 PM

Tom is the lead singer of Blink? Since when?

randys950 05/24/10 12:12 PM

i liked it. hes finally realizing how much blink really did change the world.

notetoself343 05/24/10 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalanche1 (Post 67977492)
Why should blink be the main focus? They all have other things going on, things that they've been doing since blink broke up. Just because they reunited doesn't mean they should instantly drop everything else they've been working on and focus solely on blink.

they just started these projects. Mark with Pete, travis solo cd, and Tom with AVA Love, so you dont make sense.

Avalanche1 05/24/10 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notetoself343 (Post 67977992)
they just started these projects. Mark with Pete, travis solo cd, and Tom with AVA Love, so you dont make sense.

Well I'm saying why shouldn't they be allowed to do things besides blink? They already did one huge reunion tour and are about to do another one soon. Just because they reunited doesn't mean they have to work strictly on blink.

Flags of Dawn 05/24/10 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayatepaint (Post 67977062)

any advice on how to live my life as long as you're dishing it out for others?

bradsonemanband 05/24/10 12:23 PM

personally, i love mark, tom, and travis individually, as well as with Blink 182. so any new music coming from any of them is exciting to me. the more the merrier!

Alex_Weiland 05/24/10 12:23 PM

Stop the vanity project Tom. I think he is really scared about making another blink record.... bands are never the same once they break up and reunite.

deFobbed14yrs 05/24/10 12:24 PM

yeah w/e blink record plz

ajayatepaint 05/24/10 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flags of Dawn (Post 67978372)
any advice on how to live my life as long as you're dishing it out for others?

Yeah, stop being a douche and make it a point to come out of the closet your friends and family already know, you're not fooling anyone you homo