Cady Groves - 06.1.10
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
1. How did you get your band name?
It's my name...
2. How did this band get started?
I've been singing nonstop all time, in my car, shower, and couldnt ever stop. Writing song became an escape from the not so good things going on in my life.... I always liked to write music and noone would ever help me with the parts that I lacked in. I could hum the parts that I wanted to hear but I couldn't actually play them. So I eventually begged a guitarist friend to play with me and play the parts that I couldn't hum and sing at the same time.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
1st influence was Alanis Morrisette, when I was 4 years old. I then went on to listned to Dixie Chicks, Glen Hansard, Miranda Lambert, William Fitzsimmons. They're all a little different but they all write their own songs and music, and can tell that their lyrics come from real life experience.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I would tour with Dixie Chicks. Because they have such great songs and inspired me, and their female fan base is important to me and how empowered they feel when they play. Another would be Justin Timberlake because he's pretty haha but because the fans would be good to me and relate to my songs.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be a a liger - becuase they have a cool name and cool parents...a tiger AND a lion, ya know?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Hhmm, noone SHOULD listen to me or feel forced, but I'm just a normal person like everyone else and want to use my songs to help people in their day to day lives.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Never played a video game like that, only mariokart or sonic, but i'd like refrain because I think it would be a fun song to play...not too hard.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank my brother Casey who passed away and only person who believed in me when I was young, and all the people that have stayed with me through all this crazy stuff
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I want acoustic music and musicianship to be appreciated again.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Meeting all the bands on this tour. They treat me like a little sister and teach me about performing, etc... helped me a lot!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I dunno....I like seeing how people react to things.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Mending fences, a new song I wrote on this tour.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I wanna go to ireland really bad because I'm Irish!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Country Music, I grew up in the south...
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To have wings and fly to get places faster than in a car....
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I dont want to ever feel like I've made it, when you get to the top only place left to go is down... I want to keep working at my music, never content.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I graduated from Culinary school and double jointed...
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Chirstimas!!! For the cookies!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write more songs and drink fountain drinks and watch / think about Joe Dirt
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can Spider dribble a basketball and hula hooping.
great interview .. i love her Nsync cover.
She's really good, however one thing I can't stand is that she reminds me of one of the girls in Millionaires.
i like her a lot, she seems very cool.
She's so legit. I love her C.D.
Love love love her. Legit! haha