AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Mae Interview Questions (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1800832)

Keagan Ilvonen 07/15/10 07:53 PM

Mae Interview Questions

I'm going to be interviewing Dave from Mae tomorrow. If you have any questions you would like to have me ask, leave them in the replies.

theintention 07/15/10 08:02 PM

Will the full band be recording anything before embarking on the last tour?

DandonTRJ 07/15/10 08:05 PM

Obviously, it would be nice for him to elaborate on the "dim the lights" metaphor he used to describe the indefinite hiatus Mae is going on after this upcoming tour, as well as give us a little more info about exactly how the original band members reentered the fold. Did the reunion have anything to do with the hiatus, or is that just a serendipitous coincidence? And as far as the (e)vening EP goes, will it have a retail release, or will it be a farewell-tour-only item? Has material been written, and if so, how much input did the original members have in the process? If they contributed (or will contribute), what is the likelihood it will sound anything like the old material (pre-Singularity) as a consequence?

really_lovely 07/15/10 08:12 PM

Are there any plans to release vinyl pressings of Destination: Beautiful and The Everglow?

crypticv24 07/15/10 08:14 PM

What's your ideal future path for Mae to take? Reuniting in five years, just being a studio band, etc.?

CPF--FBR 07/15/10 08:15 PM

will the band play The Everglow in its entirety before the hiatus?

unwritten_law9 07/15/10 08:15 PM

Is this final tour going to feature the Multi-sensory Aesthetic Experience? AKA the lights, projector, 3d glasses, fans/air fresheners. I just want it to be all everglow stuff though. Can we get a live DVD/album while we're at it?

xmegisradx 07/15/10 08:17 PM

What was your favorite cd to make?

icynova 07/15/10 08:20 PM

How did you choose the dates for the farewell tour, and why no New Mexico? :(

Rizzox58 07/15/10 08:39 PM

Any bands that dave is working with in the future we should keep an eye on?

Jivin2709 07/15/10 08:48 PM

What does HE think of Singularity? Were the songs truly written organically or was there lots of pressure from Howard Benson and/or Capital Records to be different? Also, if Mae gets back together somewhere down the line, would they ever consider trying to sign to major again, especially after the stress of handling every aspect of their careers themselves for the last two years with the (m)(a)(e) campaign.

Nick Le 07/15/10 08:56 PM

How would you describe the entire experience with getting the (M)orning campaign and getting a family's house built with Habitat for Humanity?

greenmoviebuff 07/15/10 09:00 PM

WILL THEY BE FINISHING THEIR "(E)VENING" EP BEFORE THE TOUR (OR EVEN AFTER) AND RELEASING IT (PHYSICALLY AND/OR ON ITUNES) AS THEY DID WITH "(M)ORNING" AND "(A)FTERNOON"? ALSO, ARE THERE ANY PLANS TO COMBINE THE THREE INTO ONE RECORD "(M)(A)(E)" IN THE FUTURE? Thanks so much!

omgjellybeans 07/15/10 09:00 PM

People are saying this is your farewell tour. I know you won't admit it if that's true, but you should announce it so all of your fans get a chance to say goodbye to such a great band!

nulemoni 07/15/10 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgjellybeans (Post 71249452)
People are saying this is your farewell tour. I know you won't admit it if that's true, but you should announce it so all of your fans get a chance to say goodbye to such a great band!

They already said it was their farewell tour in multiple announcements.