AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Sleeping, The - Questions And Answers (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=181646)

grabyourguns 10/26/06 10:34 AM

amazing live, awesome guys, i think both albums are very comparable, the first one is probably the strongest first album I've heard since....tell all your friends. MAYBE. but yea, my only complaint is that Questions and Answers kind of fades off at the end...the last few tracks aren't as good as say...the first 8 or 9

go see them live

Pat Marquez 10/28/06 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grabyourguns (Post 4627729)
amazing live, awesome guys, i think both albums are very comparable, the first one is probably the strongest first album I've heard since....tell all your friends. MAYBE. but yea, my only complaint is that Questions and Answers kind of fades off at the end...the last few tracks aren't as good as say...the first 8 or 9

go see them live

Ahh, this is only making me want to check them out more!

piaffeprncess98 10/29/06 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buysoap (Post 4595720)
i reallyl ike this band, and i'm sad that a lot of people pass them by. they have some great tunes.

True, so underrated. They are a great live band too. And they're nice guys.

domextian 10/30/06 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chainsaw (Post 4604403)
the lead singer is a jerk. he got into a fight with my friend's band because they split the money equally for a show one night. apparently he was throwing lame punches...hehehe...i picked up the cd and thought it was okay...the vocals are a bit over the top...but I really dig the big breakdown song...its pretty sweet

Dude what the fuck are you talking about? Doug doesnt even handle money in the band so I know your story is full of shit. If you don't know the validity of a story why even bother posting? Just so you have something to say?
Its not true, but I am curious to who your source is (and saying "my friend" doesnt suffice)

Pat Marquez 11/02/06 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piaffeprncess98 (Post 4652072)
True, so underrated. They are a great live band too. And they're nice guys.

I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about them.

Pat Marquez 11/02/06 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domextian (Post 4666363)
Dude what the fuck are you talking about? Doug doesnt even handle money in the band so I know your story is full of shit. If you don't know the validity of a story why even bother posting? Just so you have something to say?
Its not true, but I am curious to who your source is (and saying "my friend" doesnt suffice)

Welcome to AP.net... where a friend of a friend of a friend Dad's daughter's sister's Mother's kid is somehow a legit source.

SoDakValerie 11/19/06 12:42 AM

Seriously. I saw these guys in June with Bayside, Halifax, and I Am the Avalanche. I had heard of them, but never really listened to them. They BLEW ME AWAY that night. We talked to them afterward and they were all super nice. They played a show in our hometown about a month later. They ended up staying with us and were some of the most respectful guys I've ever had stay at my house.
I don't really see Doug as a fighter. So I don't really so much believe your story. Tour managers usually handle the money, and I don't see their tour manager punching some kid either.
Anyway, as far as the CD goes, I think it slows down too much in the middle for me. But I love Listen Close. I think that's my favorite on the CD. It sounds SO different from the rest of the CD though.
I've seen them 5 times now. The weirdest was definately Nintendo Fusion.
Victory seems to be pushing these guys pretty hard. Nintendo Fusion, Madden, and they were on Cartoon Network, I don't think they'd be so many places if Victory wasn't pushing them.
You definately need to see them live. They put so much energy into their performance.