AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Number 12 Looks Like You, The - Put On Your Rosy Red Glasses (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=182069)

Pat Marquez 10/24/06 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FASSWcore (Post 4606488)
good review, lame for people bickering cause it's a re-release. the comparison to sawtooth grin is pretty stretched, at least to me. cloacal kiss makes me wish sawtooth grin would get back together.

It's all good bro, gotta get used to a few cats giving you heat because it never stops. Thanks for looking out though.

LikeACat 10/24/06 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backpocket (Post 4606352)

Furthermore, this is a resissue of theri first EP that was out on the now defunct brutal records. They have written 2 records since this point. This is old material - 3 or 4 years old at least now.

that's all.


Seriously?
New news to me.....

LikeACat 10/24/06 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FASSWcore (Post 4606488)
good review, lame for people bickering cause it's a re-release. the comparison to sawtooth grin is pretty stretched, at least to me. cloacal kiss makes me wish sawtooth grin would get back together.


You have a better comparison?
They are not like a carbon copy, but both use very similar techs.

Romancebled 10/24/06 01:08 PM

nice review. i love this cd.

Criesofthepast7 10/24/06 01:38 PM

great review.

i have the old out of print copy, is there anything different with this one?

eversoinviting 10/24/06 03:02 PM

nice review, i've never really given these guys a chance but now I think I will

Pat Marquez 10/24/06 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eversoinviting (Post 4608312)
nice review, i've never really given these guys a chance but now I think I will

You should, if you do... let me know what you think of the band.

Pat Marquez 10/24/06 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mht (Post 4608456)
sawtooth grin blows
cloacal whatever their name is kiss blows

just bands for scene kids to name drop who actually are god awful, anyone can scream and play really fast, doesnt it make it good.


good #12 review, i like their stuff, and hope to see any future projects from them etc.


i would like to see pat review have heart, tony danza tapdance extravaganza and/or thumbscrew.

Yo I just got the new Have Heart, should have that up for you soon bro. Tony Danza is fucking BRUTAL. I love them so much. I have to agree, I hate most of those bands scenester kids love to name drop but I don't think #12 is like that by any means. I don't even think most kids get or understand this band so I think I like that, haha.

saysmydoctor 10/24/06 03:32 PM

Good review, Pat. Most people here in my town say #12 isn't even "music." Good to know I'm not alone in loving this pretty amazing band.

Pat Marquez 10/24/06 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xYourOpenHandx (Post 4608562)
Good review, Pat. Most people here in my town say #12 isn't even "music." Good to know I'm not alone in loving this pretty amazing band.

It bothers me when people say that shit. I listen to tons of music and I think that I am very open minded. Number 12 is AMAZING music, these guys are so intense.

irthetyler 10/24/06 04:08 PM

hahaha the fact people name dropped sawtooth grin is pathetic. This band does not sound like sawtooth grin and i can guarantee that twat has never listened to them.

eight 10/24/06 04:38 PM

i love this record. it's definitely one of my favorites.

you say they have a jazz influence way too much, considering they really don't.

your reviews never flow well. you're not a very good writer.

Pat Marquez 10/24/06 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by last light (Post 4608860)
hahaha the fact people name dropped sawtooth grin is pathetic. This band does not sound like sawtooth grin and i can guarantee that twat has never listened to them.

I never have for sure, dono what that is all about.

Pat Marquez 10/24/06 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eight (Post 4609116)
i love this record. it's definitely one of my favorites.

you say they have a jazz influence way too much, considering they really don't.

your reviews never flow well. you're not a very good writer.

:( Sorry.

bustamebus 10/24/06 04:58 PM

i remember listneing to this cd back when i was back in like 8th or 9th grade (senior now) and remember it scaring the living hell out of me. but then in 10th - 11th grade i somehow found the cd in my room and popped it in and loved it since. this was probably the cd that has expanded my musical taste.

and yeah, they are talented at best. The guys in this band dont even look like they'd play in a band like they do (well except for a few). i remember seeing them live and alex came out and was wearing a nice collard shirt with nice jeans and dress shoes and a nice ass leather jacket. and then he busted out his guitar and play some technical jazz riffs. and who would of thought that smoogs the bassists is a substitute teacher on the side? this band never ceases to amaze me.

good review pat!