AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Narrative T-Shirt Contest (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1837532)

Keagan Ilvonen 08/04/10 11:09 AM

The Narrative T-Shirt Contest

The Narrative are holding a T-shirt design contest. The winner gets two items from the upcoming merch store.

Submitted by JordanBuell

Echo Park 08/04/10 11:20 AM

no offense, i like them and all. but are they really "big" enough to start holding contest? I mean, are all their 900 fans going to really partake in this? Yes I know, that number is low, but c'mon

JordanBuell 08/04/10 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo Park (Post 72521422)
no offense, i like them and all. but are they really "big" enough to start holding contest? I mean, are all their 900 fans going to really partake in this? Yes I know, that number is low, but c'mon

i plan on submitting at least 5 designs....

plus when they announced it on facebook a lot off different people said they were planning on giving it a shot. who cares if they are a small band, they still have dedicated fans that would love to win a contest.

Cue the Sun 08/04/10 11:38 AM

Quote:

I plan on submitting a couple. :shrug:

Echo Park 08/04/10 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanBuell (Post 72522842)
i plan on submitting at least 5 designs....

plus when they announced it on facebook a lot off different people said they were planning on giving it a shot. who cares if they are a small band, they still have dedicated fans that would love to win a contest.

I guess you're right.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cue the Sun (Post 72522992)
I plan on submitting a couple. :shrug:

hell i don't know why i said that, i'm submitting one!

bop24buf 08/04/10 11:41 AM

and if they dont have that many people submitting designs, then....easier to pick a winner? haha. you can have a contest as long as there's more than one person competing. as long as you can have at least one loser, then it doesnt matter how many people enter, haha. i wish i was good at designing stuff so i could enter. i mean, their fans are gonna be wearing the merch, i see no problem in fans designing it.

Cue the Sun 08/04/10 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo Park (Post 72523282)
I guess you're right.

hell i don't know why i said that, i'm submitting one!

I didn't mean to gang up on you lol. I didn't see the guy's post above me.

electricheart 08/04/10 01:32 PM

I'll try to enter this.

StapesMcJeebs 08/04/10 04:50 PM

I think bands need to stop doing this. A quality design runs for about $150. through a "contest" bands only spend the price of two merch items (at most, $60 bucks or so) and the final product of the new shirt is - lets face it - not exactly comparable to money well spent on a great design. Buying designs keeps graphic designers happy, keeps the fans happy. I thought everybody was all about supporting starving artists?

Thats why bands implore us to buy their shirts, no?

Adrian Villagomez 08/04/10 05:06 PM

Congratulations to Cue the Sun for her victory.

Cue the Sun 08/04/10 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian Villagomez (Post 72549452)
Congratulations to Cue the Sun for her victory.

:-d

carcrashofahart 08/04/10 11:52 PM

Quote:

you like them, but you're suggesting they aren't big enough to promote their band with a contest? ok then.