AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Prop 8 Overturned (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1838042)

drevans18 08/04/10 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debut_Fin (Post 72552082)
No, you're not the only one. Fuck yourself nonetheless

/thread.

kingd615 08/04/10 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 72537712)
about fucking time. it should have never passed in the first place

Agreed! How the hell was it legally passed to build in a law based on discrimination!

StephenYoung 08/04/10 04:48 PM

Why would they overturn the thing where you can't marry your horse?

Jeff_Ryan 08/04/10 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drevans18 (Post 72552862)
/thread.

Seriously, I'm at the honda civic tour right now and I just watched two girls react with disgust when the found out tegan and sara were lesbians, so I'm not even in the mood to be respectful to other opinions right now

karadoll 08/04/10 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODMACHINE (Post 72551272)
Uh, the part where it sounds like it wants to drum up support to oppose the emancipation of slaves through terrorist actions.

Maybe that part.

Umm... you do realize that the KKK wasn't only against the emancipation of slaves, right?

hcar 08/04/10 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iAMhollyood315 (Post 72548722)
right because i want to kill people and attack them for their viewpoints.....greez your 13 go play night games or something and or grow up and make rational answers. most gays want to marry for the benfits a married man/woman get....and i never said i was against that.

*Right, because I want to kill people and attack them for their viewpoints... Geez, you're 13 go play night games or something or grow up and make rational answers. Most gays want to marry for the benefits a married man and woman can get. I never said I was against that.

---
What are night games? Do you mean knight? Like dungeons and dragons?
& You're for letting people get married...but not? Wtf?

steve187 08/04/10 04:50 PM

Grats to the gays. I don't see why anyone would want to get married though..

SwitchMatt 08/04/10 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 72552832)
America is not a democracy.

True democracy no, representative yes. Regardless the peoples voices should not be thrown away, twice.

StephenYoung 08/04/10 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeBee (Post 72544092)
No one's threatening Mormons' right to believe whatever the fuck they want to believe. They're not "protecting" anything. They're trying to force their beliefs on everyone else.

Well the law is, for one.

deezee 08/04/10 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODMACHINE (Post 72549712)
You spelled sex wrong.

You have less sex when you get married, trust me... :-(

Dorian Grey 08/04/10 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODMACHINE (Post 72552462)
Weak cop-out. Have a good one man.

http://racialkiller.tripod.com/id17.html

The "ideal" KKK member's stance.

Jason Tate 08/04/10 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwitchMatt (Post 72553232)
True democracy no, representative yes. Regardless the peoples voices should not be thrown away, twice.

Representative republic, with checks and balances in place to not allow the majority to oppress the minority. Yes, the "peoples" voice should be thrown away when it is unconstitutional or oppressive.

pennie 08/04/10 04:55 PM

Absolutely wonderful news,next stop texas!

Jake Jenkins 08/04/10 04:55 PM

threads like these on the front page bring out the worst people and the worst of people.

StephenYoung 08/04/10 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iAMhollyood315 (Post 72540382)
i really don't care, its trendy to be on the approval of gay marriage right now and support that but however thats noy my belief and i'm holding my ground and im not giving in just because this society radically changed over the years.

I agree. People try so hard to be liberal and cutting-edge, that pro-gay marriage is exatly like people who walk around with "go-green" bags, yet don't give two shits about the environment. Or kids who like Peta because their favourite bands support them. That being said, if you look at the issue, I think that in our changing times where in your country (if you're american), religion is a small to irrelevant factor in most people's lives, and shouldn't be dictating who gets married or not.

If you like in an 100% pure catholic state where every aspect of your life is directly linked to religion, then yeah make marriage only for straight people, but I can't really see logical points against gay marriage.