AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Rise Signs The Plot In You (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1849822)

Alex DiVincenzo 08/11/10 12:49 PM

Rise Signs The Plot In You
 
Rise Records have signed Ohio's The Plot In You.

walk aimlessly 08/11/10 12:53 PM

they changed their name?

JoeSledger 08/11/10 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walk aimlessly (Post 73004332)
they changed their name?


Changed their name from what?

cwhit412 08/11/10 12:56 PM

Good Rise or bad Rise?

Ryan Gardner 08/11/10 12:57 PM

Sounds just like all of Rise's heavy bands...

tyramail 08/11/10 12:59 PM

good for them, i like landon.

sweetfootaction 08/11/10 12:59 PM

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus?

tyramail 08/11/10 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSledger (Post 73004512)
Changed their name from what?

i think they were called vessels.

Of A Machines 08/11/10 12:59 PM

why not like moths to flames or at the skylines ? or broadway?

JokeEmIfUGotEm7 08/11/10 01:00 PM

i want rise to sign a band that doesn't fit the sterotypical qualities of bands they usually sign. branch out negros! haha that being said this band has some cool aspects ... even tho it's all been heard before

Ryan Gardner 08/11/10 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokeEmIfUGotEm7 (Post 73004962)
i want rise to sign a band that doesn't fit the sterotypical qualities of bands they usually sign. branch out negros! haha that being said this band has some cool aspects ... even tho it's all been heard before

Listen to PMtoday

walk aimlessly 08/11/10 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSledger (Post 73004512)
Changed their name from what?


they were called vessels, which is a better name IMO. this is Landon from BTE's new project.

ETGsynth 08/11/10 01:02 PM

God damn those gauges.
Ohio just keeps them coming.

cwhit412 08/11/10 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisMusic193 (Post 73005022)
Listen to PMtoday

Or Tides Of Man.

sweetfootaction 08/11/10 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETGsynth (Post 73005102)
God damn those gauges.
Ohio just keeps them coming.

Gauge is a unit of measurement.

Would you say, "Hey dude! Check out my new inchers!" in regards to your shoes? Definitely not.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 73005182)
Or Tides Of Man.

Tides of Man is as generic as all of Rise's other bands.

JoeSledger 08/11/10 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walk aimlessly (Post 73005062)
they were called vessels, which is a better name IMO. this is Landon from BTE's new project.


Oh yea, I remember when Landon said he was leaving BTE and was doing his own thing, Vessels. I don't know why I thought Vessels was a solo project he had.

BTE Nick 08/11/10 01:05 PM

These guys are awesome, congrats to you Landon. I can see these guys getting huge

the seventeenth 08/11/10 01:07 PM

Woah, with all these Rise signings lately the label must really be confiding in Austin Carlile's new band to bring the heat.

JoeSledger 08/11/10 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Of A Machines (Post 73004852)
why not like moths to flames or at the skylines ? or broadway?


I absolutely agree! I don't know At The Skylines but I really wanna see Broadway get signed to a legit label cause Uprising is garbage. Like Moths To Flames are certainly decent but I'm sick of Chris Roetter switching from band to band, Agraceful was good.

Nick Le 08/11/10 01:09 PM

Good for Landon and the guys.

Jankey 08/11/10 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisMusic193 (Post 73005022)
Listen to PMtoday

Listen to Oceana Clean Head E.P

Of A Machines 08/11/10 01:11 PM

they are good but thers stil a lot of betetr bands....

SD_John 08/11/10 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Of A Machines (Post 73004852)
why not like moths to flames or at the skylines ? or broadway?

broadway is already signed bro. rise said they were announcing a new band today, and I was confident it was at the skylines, guess not.

_><_ 08/11/10 01:11 PM

Rise amazes me. I'm not really a fan of most of the bands, but damn, they're signing a band every two weeks.

the seventeenth 08/11/10 01:11 PM

Also, damn. That screaming is legit.

the seventeenth 08/11/10 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _><_ (Post 73005862)
Rise amazes me. I'm not really a fan of most of the bands, but damn, they're signing a band every two weeks.

Austin Carlile's new moneymaker is on it's way, so their cashing in early, I'd say.

bifforama1 08/11/10 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walk aimlessly (Post 73005062)
they were called vessels, which is a better name IMO. this is Landon from BTE's new project.


This.

the seventeenth 08/11/10 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSledger (Post 73005502)
I absolutely agree! I don't know At The Skylines but I really wanna see Broadway get signed to a legit label cause Uprising is garbage. Like Moths To Flames are certainly decent but I'm sick of Chris Roetter switching from band to band, Agraceful was good.

Chris Roetter guests on The Plot In You's Clots. Satisfied? Anyway, LMTF needs some singing, because it's the only reason I pay any attention to anything Chris does.

Yontsey 08/11/10 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokeEmIfUGotEm7 (Post 73004962)
i want rise to sign a band that doesn't fit the sterotypical qualities of bands they usually sign. branch out negros! haha that being said this band has some cool aspects ... even tho it's all been heard before

The Years Gone By were different and awesome but Rise didn't push them.

ETGsynth 08/11/10 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfootaction (Post 73005272)
Gauge is a unit of measurement.

Would you say, "Hey dude! Check out my new inchers!" in regards to your shoes? Definitely not.
Tides of Man is as generic as all of Rise's other bands.

If you really want to be an ass, what I said still fits in that context as I am making a comment due to the size of them.

cwhit412 08/11/10 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfootaction (Post 73005272)
Gauge is a unit of measurement.

Would you say, "Hey dude! Check out my new inchers!" in regards to your shoes? Definitely not.
Tides of Man is as generic as all of Rise's other bands.

Wrong.
Listen to the song Descent. Acoustic 5/4 intro. And switches time at least once after that.

Young Machetes 08/11/10 01:30 PM

Ohhhhh. It's the ex-screamer from Before Their Eyes. I liked his scream. Hmmm..

HometownHero 08/11/10 01:35 PM

Probably will never listen to this.

bifforama1 08/11/10 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetfootaction (Post 73005272)
Would you say, "Hey dude! Check out my new inchers!" in regards to your shoes? Definitely not.
Tides of Man is as generic as all of Rise's other bands.


Random outburst = hilarious.

Mr. November 08/11/10 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETGsynth (Post 73006822)
If you really want to be an ass, what I said still fits in that context as I am making a comment due to the size of them.

And if you notice they call them plugs on that site, which is what they are called.

ETGsynth 08/11/10 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derka Derka (Post 73007722)
And if you notice they call them plugs on that site, which is what they are called.


Read above post.

xxero182 08/11/10 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 73007242)
Wrong.
Listen to the song Descent. Acoustic 5/4 intro. And switches time at least once after that.

haha just cause a band has a part in 5/4 doesn't make them 'different' or not generic.

you're right to defend tides of man being called generic though. they're at least trying to be original

PoweredbyPJ 08/11/10 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Of A Machines (Post 73004852)
why not like moths to flames or at the skylines ? or broadway?

dude I was just thinking that same thing exactly. Definitely curious where LMTF and ATS will end up

I feel like rise is really saturating themselves recently...

hcar 08/11/10 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETGsynth (Post 73005102)
Ohio just keeps them coming.


Attack Attack! & Black Veil Brides.

;)

FourStarters 08/11/10 01:44 PM

It kind of bums me out to see shitty bands from Ohio get signed.

At least we've got The Sidekicks.

Jacksn 08/11/10 01:46 PM

I think they are a unique band.

HollywoodAbalze 08/11/10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourStarters (Post 73008242)
It kind of bums me out to see shitty bands from Ohio get signed.

At least we've got The Sidekicks.


If this was Facebook, I'd 'Like' your comment

cwhit412 08/11/10 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxero182 (Post 73008052)
haha just cause a band has a part in 5/4 doesn't make them 'different' or not generic.

you're right to defend tides of man being called generic though. they're at least trying to be original

I didn't mean it like that. I just really enjoy that part and I think it's proof of them moving outside the box.
I'm just saying you have to listen to their technicality. I'm extremely excited for their upcoming album.

rottenrob165 08/11/10 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Of A Machines (Post 73004852)
why not like moths to flames or at the skylines ? or broadway?

Yea, I definitely agree that all those bands would have been better than TPIY imo. I woulda been most happy with Broadway because I loved "kingdoms" and Im curious to see what they could do without being signed to that deadbeat label Uprising.

yayitsjoe 08/11/10 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidchino08 (Post 73007552)
Probably will never listen to this.

quoted for truth.

theintention 08/11/10 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jankey (Post 73005732)
Listen to Oceana Clean Head E.P

this this this.


this band is meh.

xsandwichesx 08/11/10 01:56 PM

Rise Records = a cluster fuck of Ohio bands.

Max_123 08/11/10 02:04 PM

I don't even know why Rise is all over Ohio band's dick, they're not even from there hah

blissfulrain 08/11/10 02:12 PM

Oh crap! Hell yes.

heyiamcody 08/11/10 02:12 PM

I wonder if bands are ashamed to announce that they're signing to Rise. I'm sure it's embarrassing for The Bled and FFTL and bands like that but I wonder if these young mindless bands know that they're ending their careers before they begin?