AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Four Letter Lie - Let Your Body Take Over (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=188309)

sam sanford 11/29/06 11:13 AM

the difference is those bands like saves the day, new found glory, and mcs have worked at it and still have things that set them apart even though they fit the genre.

i can sing underoath over 4ll. and ive known about 4ll before they sounded like this. and then they started recording with the guy that did underoath and they out of no where sound like underoath. and then of course the victory machine picks them up because thats what victory does. aiden= poor man's mcr and 4ll= poor man's underoath.

whatever you want to say. but of course, ive got to say the guys in the band are pretty nice. im just a dick about music.

Pat Marquez 11/29/06 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam sanford (Post 4963901)
the difference is those bands like saves the day, new found glory, and mcs have worked at it and still have things that set them apart even though they fit the genre.

i can sing underoath over 4ll. and ive known about 4ll before they sounded like this. and then they started recording with the guy that did underoath and they out of no where sound like underoath. and then of course the victory machine picks them up because thats what victory does. aiden= poor man's mcr and 4ll= poor man's underoath.

whatever you want to say. but of course, ive got to say the guys in the band are pretty nice. im just a dick about music.

The funny thing is, is that those comparisons could go on FOREVER --

Aiden = MCR = AFI = The Misfists ...

Pat Marquez 11/29/06 01:40 PM

People put way to much thought into this, if you like it, listen to it. If you don't like it, get on with your life.

bloodyr0mance87 11/29/06 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Marquez (Post 4965589)
People put way to much thought into this, if you like it, listen to it. If you don't like it, get on with your life.



That's more or less what i'm trying to say. If someone sincerely likes a band, then let them. I hate when people rip on a band or on their fans just cuz they themselves don't like the music. I find it juvenile and unaccpeting.

polock 11/29/06 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Marquez (Post 4965589)
People put way to much thought into this, if you like it, listen to it. If you don't like it, get on with your life.


word

sam sanford 11/30/06 01:48 PM

im all about opinions on music.

but honestly im also be vocal about my opinion if someone likes a band that isnt original at all. some bands easily fit a genre and its cool. but you got bands like drop dead gorgeous. they all put on a little uniform, play boring noisecore down with little fakedowns, and scream out the most cliche lyrics ever.

if i dont like a band its one thing. but when i honestly think a band is just hopping on a bandwagon im gonna say something.

Pat Marquez 11/30/06 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodyr0mance87 (Post 4966509)
That's more or less what i'm trying to say. If someone sincerely likes a band, then let them. I hate when people rip on a band or on their fans just cuz they themselves don't like the music. I find it juvenile and unaccpeting.

It's just annoying to be honest.

Pat Marquez 11/30/06 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam sanford (Post 4979618)
im all about opinions on music.

but honestly im also be vocal about my opinion if someone likes a band that isnt original at all. some bands easily fit a genre and its cool. but you got bands like drop dead gorgeous. they all put on a little uniform, play boring noisecore down with little fakedowns, and scream out the most cliche lyrics ever.

if i dont like a band its one thing. but when i honestly think a band is just hopping on a bandwagon im gonna say something.

I agree with what you are saying, but I don't think Four Letter Lie is a band like that. Drop Dead is awful.

YouGotScanned 12/01/06 06:26 PM

4ll
 
okay.

i am friends with these guys.

but i am not biasing my opinion.

as a critic, and honestly...
i love the album.

there are some great standout tracks that sound nothing like anything else in the genre, like "Cowboys and Indians".
Also, they simply pull off the sing/scream thing better than 9/10's of the band out there.
About 90% of it is horrible and I wouldn't put 4LL in that 90%.

But seriously...
Anyone who is stuck on the Underoath comparisons really is stubborn and doesn't have much depth in their opinion.
As someone stated earlier, someone who is actually not an idiot...
Underoath's music is not only toned way heavier, especially on their newest record, but the vibe of their music is poetic, dark, and emotionally heavy...while Four Letter Lie's vibe and atmosphere is COMPLETELY different.
4LL's vibe is based off of pop choruses and rock riffs, and it's all about cheesy love lines, sex, and feel good things.

Sure the screaming vocals are very similar.
But the music itself is WAY different, aside from a few tracks "Baby, You're My Bad Habit", "Let Your Body Take Over" where the music similarities shine through, but thats only 2 tracks out of 12?????
The rock riffs are nothing like Underoath...they are based on big chords instead of heavy dissonance and more noodling.
And the choruses are 500000 times poppier than anything Underoath goes for.

Anyways...
Putting this all to rest.
I'm not going to go on about why I think the album is amazing, and I do.
But you dont need to know about that.
But what i do want to say is that...

I know for a fact,
these guys were so sick of the Underoath comparisons after their last 2 song demo before the full length, that they PURPOSELY DID NOT LISTEN TO THE NEW UNDEROATH FULL LENGTH until they were done writing the record so that they wouldn't get bullshit comparisons.

Yet you people are still set on the fact that they blatantly and purposely ripped off their new stuff.
I know its hard to believe...but the similarities are purely coincidental.
The guys were listening to more THE BLED, ACCEPTANCE, and REFUSED when they wrote "FULL TILT BOOGIE"...thats what inspired that song...not your bullshit "In Regards to Myself" comparisons.
Although thats a great song...4LL hadn't even heard it when they wrote "Full Tilt Boogie" so just put that fucking shit aside, seriously.

anyways go listen to the last two tracks on the record and tell me that sounds like Underoath anyways.
NOT EVEN CLOSE.

give it up.

polock 12/02/06 12:29 AM

lmao, i actually like dropdead

RockOvrTheTrace 12/20/06 02:51 PM

THis band is horrible, and deserves to be anally raped for trying to rip off underoath so bad FUCK

Daggum87 01/31/07 06:03 PM

four letterOATH, whed up? Four out boy on that one gay song with the video too, wheeed up?

ThisIsNotDan 04/02/07 06:51 PM

terrible band

Shrillex 06/16/07 01:19 PM

wow theres alot like mostly everyone hate this album. Im surprised you gave them a it a good review but i will give them a try for making it sound "good"