AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Real Reason We All Go To College Returns (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1892812)

Thomas Nassiff 09/04/10 12:40 AM

The Real Reason We All Go To College Returns

The first Saturday of the 2010 college football season is upon us. Discuss the events that transpire this weekend and throughout the season in our official college football thread, and here's to another great year.

Thomas Nassiff 09/04/10 12:42 AM

Here's to another run at a championship and another year of beating that all-girls school in Tallahassee! ;-) Go Gators!

Nick Le 09/04/10 12:48 AM

Title does not apply to me. My school doesn't have a football team. :( Haha.

TerrancePryor 09/04/10 12:48 AM

I've been waiting for college football to start. Go Rutgers!!

CstSnow 09/04/10 01:00 AM

Or we went to schools where the school built a really nice stadium, has complete funding for the team, but can't have one because of title IX. There are not enough women athletics to offset a football team, and every time they try to add a new womens sport it folds due to low participation. Fucking CSUMB.

Drew Beringer 09/04/10 01:05 AM

Badgers to the BCS this year.

jtyexists9 09/04/10 01:14 AM

Go Blue! Ugh damn you Rich Rod!

Chris Fallon 09/04/10 01:14 AM

Go Huskies! Jake Locker going for the Heisman this year! And I get to go to four home games!

Oh, and Penn State. I love them Nittany Lions, forever and ever.

bandnamexmyname 09/04/10 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fallon (Post 74583872)
Go Huskies! Jake Locker going for the Heisman this year! And I get to go to four home games!

Oh, and Penn State. I love them Nittany Lions, forever and ever.

Locker is my pick. Huskies are gonna be huge.

But Chris, why UW for you?

Thomas Nassiff 09/04/10 01:20 AM

Unfortunately they'll give it to Pryor if he goes undefeated. Brantley will surprise people....if we run the table and he has 3000 yards then it's his. It could happen.

Drew Beringer 09/04/10 01:21 AM

Too bad OSU is gonna lose at Madison this year.

Chris Fallon 09/04/10 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandnamexmyname (Post 74583892)
Locker is my pick. Huskies are gonna be huge.

But Chris, why UW for you?

Grew up in Bellevue (next to Seattle) my entire life. My family got me into the Don James era back in the 80's and I just fell in love with the Huskies at a good time when they were National Champs. Always been a UW fan at heart, even when I lost some hope earlier this decade. Gonna be a great year for this program -- they'll turn some heads!

Chris Fallon 09/04/10 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 74583972)

They better. I hate Ohio State.

Thomas Nassiff 09/04/10 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 74583972)

Hopefully they do. I would hate it if another SEC team beats them again, I want an SEC team to beat Boise this year. Haha

bandnamexmyname 09/04/10 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fallon (Post 74584012)
Grew up in Bellevue (next to Seattle) my entire life. My family got me into the Don James era back in the 80's and I just fell in love with the Huskies at a good time when they were National Champs. Always been a UW fan at heart, even when I lost some hope earlier this decade. Gonna be a great year for this program -- they'll turn some heads!

As a matter of fact, I actually live in Bellevue at the moment!

Totally agreed. Love what Sarkisian's done with the team these few years.