AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Pauga Pulls a Pedophile Charge (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=189291)

kitkatsuperstar 11/20/06 11:40 AM

i know this has been said a lot already, but in the chicago area, there's been rumors about this guy for a while. i have no clue whether or not he's guilty, but he's always come off as kind of creepy.

zizou1790 11/20/06 11:47 AM

Creep

foisol 11/20/06 11:57 AM

Sucks for him that the bands he promoted got big... if they didn't, we wouldn't all know about him and his love for fondling 15 year old boys right now.

Go AP.net!

connor doyle 11/20/06 12:11 PM

woww, holy shit. this is crazy. I always hated booking shows through this guy. thank god by a thread came around!

ArmaniMassacre 11/20/06 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connor doyle (Post 4876400)
woww, holy shit. this is crazy. I always hated booking shows through this guy. thank god by a thread came around!

DAMN SKIPPY!! Everyone (in the area) should make it a point to come out and support By A Thread, because they seriously do work their asses off and do put on some more than spectacular shows....i.e. Wednesday in Crown Point, IN is Fear Before the March of Flames, Between the Buried and Me, Calico System, and Iscariot....so get your asses out there for the show!!!!!!!!

if you can't find them online, go to www.myspace.com/byathread

Help out some people that are actually in it for the music....not the money.

be mine 11/20/06 01:37 PM

Wow, this dude has always been creepy. Thanks for the confirmation.

mgitln215 11/20/06 02:51 PM

wrong info

i'm sorry to disappoint but minor was never disclosed in the inital charges

He was chargd with two felonies, bot hwere not disclosed as minors

Aggrivated sexual abuse was one and unlawful restraint.

I was one to call the actual jail and investigate. I really wish people would not try "breaking news
the wrong way.

MINORS were not the ones involved. The charges would have stated against a minor.

NickBam 11/20/06 04:14 PM

Small word, I live in Lake in the Hills. That Arby's is about 4 minutes from my house.

nevercominghome 11/20/06 04:17 PM

i think it's pretty unreal that they give out his full address in the article......

berniemac1234 11/20/06 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmaniMassacre (Post 4874151)
HAHAHA....you know what the best part of that is. that son of a bitch walked around for almost an hour after that show, walked past me at least 5 or 6 times and never said a word about our money....so he in fact....is a LYING, NO-GOOD, PIECE OF SHIT.....there

No youre a dumbass. Ive never known him to not pay bands. Shit, I've never seen bands get paid more by any other promoter. Most promoters take 15-20% and he takes 10% if that. Get your facts straight buddy. He wouldnt say anything about paying bands if he didnt have the money and meant to screw bands over. Think about it.

berniemac1234 11/20/06 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travisrotten (Post 4874425)
He didnt have any fame......He used to throw "Charity shows" and keep all the money.
that fucker deserves it.

They werent charity shows....a charity show is to get money raised for a good cause. They were showcase shows to raise money for bands on his label so his bands could record and buy merch.

arrowhead 11/21/06 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgitln215 (Post 4878306)
i'm sorry to disappoint but minor was never disclosed in the inital charges

He was chargd with two felonies, bot hwere not disclosed as minors

Aggrivated sexual abuse was one and unlawful restraint.

I was one to call the actual jail and investigate. I really wish people would not try "breaking news
the wrong way.

MINORS were not the ones involved. The charges would have stated against a minor.

gee, thanks - we feel so much better now. your attempt to defend him got him pissed at you on his site. gee, it was only two felonies.

arrowhead 11/21/06 01:09 AM

he's done way more damage to the chicago suburban scene than he has done anything good. he used bands, threatened them, intimidated them and talked online spreading lies when he could no longer control them.

Rizzox58 11/21/06 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevecrumb (Post 4874743)
it's also up to you to keep your butthole tight so he can't get his weiner and there. AND to ALWAYS wear girls jeans so he can't get them off easily when you don't want him to.

What are you trying to say? I dont wear girl jeans, nor is my butthole losse. Stop wasting your time with pointless posts.

Inyourhead87 11/21/06 12:38 PM

what i find funny about this is that i bet someone on this site possibly even in this post will be the next version of a person like this... i mean just listen to the way half you talk... you dont like music. you dont like life. all you do is bitch and complain. someones bound to end up in the same position with that view on life. either that or you should all become critics... i mean gosh thats a no talent, talking shit about everything job... sounds like everyone on this site. i can only hope that people actually talk about something they like rather than having a complaining about everything, or maybe do something that requires talent and try to make music... maybe then youll have an appreciation for music and do something thats worth while.

Julia Conny 11/21/06 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inyourhead87 (Post 4886251)
what i find funny about this is that i bet someone on this site possibly even in this post will be the next version of a person like this... i mean just listen to the way half you talk... you dont like music. you dont like life. all you do is bitch and complain. someones bound to end up in the same position with that view on life. either that or you should all become critics... i mean gosh thats a no talent, talking shit about everything job... sounds like everyone on this site. i can only hope that people actually talk about something they like rather than having a complaining about everything, or maybe do something that requires talent and try to make music... maybe then youll have an appreciation for music and do something thats worth while.

Stop generalizing. Plenty of people on here talk about things they like, just look at the Brand New threads. You just happen to be in a thread that leans towards the negative. And if you don't like it, then don't read it.

ArmaniMassacre 11/21/06 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berniemac1234 (Post 4880024)
No youre a dumbass. Ive never known him to not pay bands. Shit, I've never seen bands get paid more by any other promoter. Most promoters take 15-20% and he takes 10% if that. Get your facts straight buddy. He wouldnt say anything about paying bands if he didnt have the money and meant to screw bands over. Think about it.

i'm glad that you made an effort to defend something that you know nothing about. props to you on that one buddy...I'm in the band that got stiffed, I watched it happen, therefore I do believe I would know what the fuck I'm talking about.

By the way, why the fuck would any promoter disclose the amount of money he takes as opposed to other people? He was a low budget show promoter, who did NOT pay money that was owed. We called him for the better part of a month after the show and he would not answer or return calls. So just keep your unknowing comments to yourself....

ArmaniMassacre 11/21/06 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmaniMassacre (Post 4887573)
i'm glad that you made an effort to defend something that you know nothing about. props to you on that one buddy...I'm in the band that got stiffed, I watched it happen, therefore I do believe I would know what the fuck I'm talking about.

By the way, why the fuck would any promoter disclose the amount of money he takes as opposed to other people? He was a low budget show promoter, who did NOT pay money that was owed. We called him for the better part of a month after the show and he would not answer or return calls. So just keep your unknowing comments to yourself....

oh yeah...one more thing....I wonder how much of that $8000 in bail money was money owed to bands....this guy drove a fuckin' old beater Dodge Caravan and lived in his mom's basement. Doesn't sound like he's got Bill Gates' checking account now does it??

vlkers7171 11/21/06 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmaniMassacre (Post 4887588)
oh yeah...one more thing....I wonder how much of that $8000 in bail money was money owed to bands....this guy drove a fuckin' old beater Dodge Caravan and lived in his mom's basement. Doesn't sound like he's got Bill Gates' checking account now does it??

I know this has nothing to do with the thread...but chris, i like flying just below radar...you guys are good as hell...keep up the good work

Inyourhead87 11/22/06 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia Conny (Post 4886513)
Stop generalizing. Plenty of people on here talk about things they like, just look at the Brand New threads. You just happen to be in a thread that leans towards the negative. And if you don't like it, then don't read it.

... dont misinterpret what im trying to say here... the point im trying to get is to be thankful that there is such music for you to listen to... may not have come out right because of the nature of this thread, my feelings towards it, and the severity of the crime. Shouldnt you be asking whats wrong with this person that they would do something of that nature, and what can be done to change his behavior, or at least keep people safe... As oppose to bringing up getting humoristic value out of it? yea someones life is ruined... thats great, laugh it up... the thing is were all bound to make mistakes, its going to happen, and i really dont think that youd like this kind of reaction if you in fact slipped up...

if you knew anything about this dude youd understand that hes just a guy that made some mistakes in life, i by no means condone what he did, nor will i ever. but it seems to me he was just someone that never had anyone intervine and say where are you going with youre life here? rather my guess is that they just continued on the path that this thread took. therefore he never got his life turned around, never had any friends, no one to trust, and still lived with his mom... if you know anything about a social situation like that, one in which you have that little interaction, ever little thing is going to become that much larger, and that much more blown out of proportion... did he do some absolutly insane things in the chicago scene ? yea id think so, but its not hard to see how he got to where he was... hell if you were isolated, 40 + years old, still living at home im sure youd act a little immature, and hot headed/ frustrated as well... its important to try and understand things, not just play off of personal vendetas... and anyone that took the time to talk things through wtih him could understand things...

its far easier to continue with ignorance, than actually try and figure things out... and its so simple to be scared of what you dont understand and get defensive... but at the end of the day youre not making any progress towards anything. rather youre just justifying your actions with excuses...

personally yea he agravated the heck out of me on multiple occasions, but you have to get past that... if you get focused on that your losing track of what your original goals are or were.

all im asking is dont be quick to be critical but rather try and make an attempt to understand, and damnit be grateful that people actually take the time to try and entertain you with music... even if there motives for making music arent always about the expression and music itself.

... and dont take it the wrong way, even in youre response your starting an arguement. stop.

xStaryu 06/02/11 01:47 PM

I had met this guy at one of my friends shows, I asked him how I could be a promoter/do what he does. He brought me under his wing for about a month. I heard these rumors, and blocked him/never going near this man again..

I always got a sketchy vibe from him, just not like this.. On all of his websites he has no information with his last name or anything so I honestly have no idea.

To be honest, I'm kinda scared. I'm really glad he does not know where I live, and need to try to clear up anything online that might possibly have my address on it.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Ciattk 01/09/12 07:24 PM

When this guy tried to "promote" my band and when he got mad we weren't playing our last show at his venue, I knew he was a weirdo. I spray painted on the wall of his venue so I guess it works out too.

Ciattk 01/09/12 08:08 PM

Read the shit on our page, haha, dude is a man-child.. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Taken-...=wall&filter=1