AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  My Ticket To Rise Records (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1927622)

jake_rm 09/24/10 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 75867672)
i thought this was supposed to be an unexpected signing..

Haha, maybe it is unexpected because everyone was expecting the unexpected?

incognitojones 09/24/10 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 75867042)
Woe is Me really need to break away from this genre. Their singer is one of the best out there and they restrict themselves to making the same cookie cutter music as every other Rise band.

I'm hoping their screamer quits and they progress musically as Emarosa and DGD did, one of the few Rise bands I think has some actual potential to make more than this bullshit Rise music shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacksn (Post 75867222)
Attack Attack! 2.0?

They sound like AA without synth, so i think that's technically a downgrade, though its hard to tell. Really depends on which piece of shit you think smells worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LH9 (Post 75867542)
This sort of depresses me that I'm from around Columbus. They have changed their sound to move along with the trendy genre's over the past 2-3 years. Attack Attack! got big so they did stuff like AA! now bands are taking after For The Fallen Dreams, so a big surprise that they sound similar now. Rise needs to start signing more bands with talent, not 20 bands that you can tell little difference between.

Exactly. They're making some good money now with AA!, you think they'd sign some bands with actual talent. But for every PM Today or Tides of Man Rise has they have at least five shitty bands like this that sound the same, and most of them are just opening support on tours for a few years until they break up because they don't stand out at all from anyone other band out there.

Dustin Harkins 09/24/10 12:30 PM

Quote:

Woe is Me really need to break away from this genre. Their singer is one of the best out there and they restrict themselves to making the same cookie cutter music as every other Rise band.

Agreed.

i fux i fux 09/24/10 12:31 PM

Quote:

This.

InTheatersNow 09/24/10 12:31 PM

Drummer is the only one without a swoop/mullet so I like him.

TerrancePryor 09/24/10 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 75867672)
i thought this was supposed to be an unexpected signing..

No way. The unexpected signing is probably a well-known band. Give it some time.

LH9 09/24/10 12:33 PM

I think the unexpected signing was Your Demise.

Sheluligans 09/24/10 12:34 PM

Quote:

They should kick out like 3 of the members they don't need. I doubt it will happen tho.

LexXchaos 09/24/10 12:35 PM

Alright. But where's that wtf group?

Dirge07 09/24/10 12:35 PM

I swear I've heard these songs before...
...say what? It's just like nearly every other band in the genre? AND like almost every Rise band? That makes total sense now.

LH9 09/24/10 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheatersNow (Post 75868202)
Drummer is the only one without a swoop/mullet so I like him.

He used to have a cool kid swoop. Someone in their band had to look tuff..

jaredohgren 09/24/10 12:37 PM

Three words: Featuring Caleb Shomo

emilyonthecoast 09/24/10 12:39 PM

good for them but typical.

xsandwichesx 09/24/10 12:41 PM

....and another Ohio band added to the Rise Rostor.

_><_ 09/24/10 12:44 PM

This band is complete shit.