AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Estates Member Deported (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=208274)

Jared Kaufman 01/31/07 09:59 AM

Estates Member Deported

Franc from Estates has been deported.

Submitted By: thewebguy

rickmo 01/31/07 10:02 AM

Jared is busy today with posts about dudes peacing out of bands haha

NationalProduct 01/31/07 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickmo (Post 5538171)
Jared is busy today with posts about dudes peacing out of bands haha

man that term cracks me up "peacing out" never gets old and always remains hilarious, especially how you just put it

Steve Henderson 01/31/07 10:08 AM

Wow, that sucks.

rickmo 01/31/07 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NationalProduct (Post 5538213)
man that term cracks me up "peacing out" never gets old and always remains hilarious, especially how you just put it

Its the only logical way of saying of someone leaving haha i personally love it as well

but I misred this and he actually was forced to peace out of the country....bummer

jhennis 01/31/07 10:29 AM

ahaha deported.

classic

ParisInFlames55 01/31/07 10:41 AM

wow. what a shitty thing to happen. good luck getting that mess cleaned up.

joshuagilbert 01/31/07 10:45 AM

he can marry my sister if he wants.

tacosforcharles 01/31/07 10:51 AM

Yeah this is kinda old news. It's sad though, I loved thier EP (mostly because Aaron Marsh produced it. haha). So I hope this gets sorted out and he comes back.

TheJon 01/31/07 11:00 AM

You make it sound like they tracked him down & shipped him out of the country.

He went home to Guatemala for the holidays & while he was gone his student visa was cancelled & he wasn't allowed back into the country.

It's a really shitty situation... Estates is a phenomenal band with a fantastic ep & a really great live show & they had a lot of touring lined up. Hopefully they'll pick back up where the left off this fall.

Jon.

awretchlikeme 01/31/07 11:09 AM

This sucks, I love Estates, they remind a lot of Copeland.

01/31/07 11:23 AM

Yeah, wrong link.
www.myspace.com/estatesmusic

garlicgirl1210 01/31/07 11:31 AM

wow. that sucks. hope he can clear things up somehow.

foreverDOWN 01/31/07 11:39 AM

What Jon wrote is true. Deported is a word with mostly negative connotations. I think that perhaps someone that works for AP.net should re-write this post. His visa expired and he's not allowed another for the time being. The rest of the guys in Estates are working on this situation and they could definitely use your support.

fedhed7 01/31/07 12:18 PM

Wow :(

StevieShotgun 01/31/07 12:28 PM

i hate this country.

elvis2x 01/31/07 01:02 PM

He's from Guatemala? That is just badass... first Guatemalan musician from this scene I know of.

rickmo 01/31/07 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis2x (Post 5539806)
He's from Guatemala? That is just badass... first Guatemalan musician from this scene I know of.

Pete Wentz is Guatemalan :ok:

BN3131 01/31/07 02:54 PM

i
Quote:

hate this country.

Then leave

NonOperational 01/31/07 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieShotgun (Post 5539463)
i hate this country.

A) fuck you

B) Ummm maybe he should try to become a citizen.

reid 01/31/07 03:26 PM

franc's visa did not expire. he was here on a student visa, and while he was home visiting family for the holidays, a certain person at the college he was attending filed paperwork that canceled his visa. becoming a citizen is not a cheap process. it's quite lengthy and costly ordeal. he'd love to be here in the states, as his friends and music are here. he's not some free-loading kid. he's working on getting back here. legally, of course.

StevieShotgun 01/31/07 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BN3131 (Post 5541162)
i

Then leave

haha, i wondered how long before I got the "love it or leave it" argument from some white trash kid from the middle of nowhere.

No thanks, I prefer to stay here and try to make it a better place. I'm willing to suffer to be closer to family, friends, etc.

But if you think I stay here because our government rules, i like paying lots of taxes to support shit I could give a rats ass about, crappy record labels like Drive Thru, or because we have ridiculous laws (drugs, prostitution, etc) you are mistaken.

IHopeYourAlone 01/31/07 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieShotgun (Post 5541535)
haha, i wondered how long before I got the "love it or leave it" argument from some white trash kid from the middle of nowhere.

No thanks, I prefer to stay here and try to make it a better place. I'm willing to suffer to be closer to family, friends, etc.

But if you think I stay here because our government rules, i like paying lots of taxes to support shit I could give a rats ass about, crappy record labels like Drive Thru, or because we have ridiculous laws (drugs, prostitution, etc) you are mistaken.

What does drive thru records have to do wth anythign youre trying to say?

riseagainstit14 01/31/07 04:13 PM

I don't know why that made me lol, but it did. Hope he can get everything in order.

OveriseFan 01/31/07 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieShotgun (Post 5539463)
i hate this country.

Oh, shut up.

Like someone said, it's not like they hunted him down or anything...

emiliodelgado 01/31/07 04:59 PM

Quote:

you lost all credibility of being serious by mentioning Drive Thru, HI 5

Dean Wormer 01/31/07 05:06 PM

Quote:

You really are a fucking idiot. No other way to describe it.

meliisssaaaa 01/31/07 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhennis (Post 5538424)
ahaha deported.

classic

hahah
but at the same time that suckss

reid 01/31/07 05:48 PM

yeah, it does suck. it sucks for all the guys in the band, it sucks for all of us friends of his, and it really sucks for him. his life was here. he'd lived here for quite some time and had a nice life happening. he was between semesters when his student visa was canceled. i don't even know when the next time i see him will be.

oceanblue 01/31/07 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonOperational (Post 5541266)
A) fuck you

B) Ummm maybe he should try to become a citizen.

Wow, you are a birght one, eh? Do you know how hard it is to become a US citizen or how long it takes, probably not.

konstantine94 01/31/07 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanblue (Post 5545401)
Wow, you are a birght one, eh? Do you know how hard it is to become a US citizen or how long it takes, probably not.

It's a difficult process for sure. I was born overseas to an American citizen and I am going through so much crap right now to become a citizen. I've been a legal resident since we moved here when I was eight months old. It's ridiculous. I finally was approved to apply for citizenship and now I get to take a test and shell out a lot of money. Sigh.

thekinison 02/01/07 03:36 AM

bloody hell. thats a first.

bikescene 02/01/07 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BN3131 (Post 5541162)
i

Then leave

To be fair, your country is shit.

JOKES.

Ours is worse.

thewebguy 02/01/07 07:18 AM

to everyone saying he should just 'become a citizen'..

getting citizenship in the US is about the hardest and most expensive thing you can try to convince the government to let you do. it takes literally years and thousands of dollars. it is far easier and cheaper to do it the black market way.

also, not everyone who comes to the US even wants to be come a citizen (note: not being a citizen does not make one an 'illegal', no matter what Fox says). a lot of people want to keep their citizenship in their old country and use other means such as visas to stay in the US, which is perfectly reasonable.

StevieShotgun 02/01/07 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiliodelgado (Post 5542530)
you lost all credibility of being serious by mentioning Drive Thru, HI 5

Inside joke. But that being said...

I'm quite serious. I included Drive Thru in the post as a joke, but you have to admit they are pretty bad.

But I meant all of it. Just the rest more than that part of it.

IHopeYourAlone 02/01/07 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieShotgun (Post 5547924)
Inside joke. But that being said...

I'm quite serious. I included Drive Thru in the post as a joke, but you have to admit they are pretty bad.

But I meant all of it. Just the rest more than that part of it.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

StevieShotgun 02/01/07 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHopeYourAlone (Post 5548103)
Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

Actually eating paint chips is not bad for you unless you live in a house built before 1978 when they were still using lead paint.

But then, who the hell lives in a house built before 1978!!

I mean...unless you are from a total shithole like New Jersey or something.

You however clearly ate a lot of SOMETHING as a kid. Dude here's a hint...when you have "man boobs" it's time to go on a diet.

BN3131 02/01/07 10:52 AM

Quote:

You however clearly ate a lot of SOMETHING as a kid. Dude here's a hint...when you have "man boobs" it's time to go on a diet.

Dude here's a hint... when your 31 its time to grow up and stop making fun of people like your in junior high.

StevieShotgun 02/01/07 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BN3131 (Post 5549469)
Dude here's a hint... when your 31 its time to grow up and stop making fun of people like your in junior high.

dude, here's a hint...who the hell puts their real age on a message board!! jesus christ, are you really that stupid or are you just trying to make yourself an easier target for me.

abbreviation 02/01/07 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverseemsnever (Post 5538574)

that's really sweet of you.

IHopeYourAlone 02/01/07 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieShotgun (Post 5548548)
Actually eating paint chips is not bad for you unless you live in a house built before 1978 when they were still using lead paint.

But then, who the hell lives in a house built before 1978!!

I mean...unless you are from a total shithole like New Jersey or something.

Good one you really got me. I live in jersey, I must be awful

Also thanks for noticing my man teats. They are my pride and joy.

StevieShotgun 02/01/07 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHopeYourAlone (Post 5553539)
Good one you really got me. I live in jersey, I must be awful

Also thanks for noticing my man teats. They are my pride and joy.

yes, you are.

and you are welcome.

reid 02/01/07 09:33 PM

wow, love the maturity here, guys. my friend effectively gets deported (not actually deported since he had already left the country to visit family), and you guys wanna bitch about stupid crap.

StevieShotgun 02/02/07 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reid (Post 5556162)
wow, love the maturity here, guys. my friend effectively gets deported (not actually deported since he had already left the country to visit family), and you guys wanna bitch about stupid crap.

hey, I was one of the first to step up and say this is bullshit. Before the redneck jumped on me for treading on his beloved country.

That being said, you need to chill out a little bit. I mean, did our argument really make you feel that much worse? dry your crying eyes.

oh..shit..fuck. 02/02/07 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverseemsnever (Post 5538574)

hahahaha

reid 02/02/07 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieShotgun (Post 5558548)
That being said, you need to chill out a little bit. I mean, did our argument really make you feel that much worse? dry your crying eyes.

no, it didn't make me feel worse. it angers me. franc is a real-life friend of mine. he's not currently allowed into the country. i'm quite pissed off about this whole ordeal, as i can imagine tim and andy feeling the same way, too. or anyone who knows franc, for that matter.

grow up.

StevieShotgun 02/03/07 12:27 PM

if an argument on a message board angers you, you my friend need to get a life.

I like to argue for kicks, but i certainly never get angry.

Grow up? what the hell does that even mean. you are on an internet message board populated by 15 year olds. THIS is who you spend your quality time with and you are telling ME to grow up. If you want to make an ordeal out of this, drop me a line and I'd be happy to accomodate you.