AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Fans Report In: Asking Alexandria (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2239341)

Matthew Tsai 04/01/11 01:12 PM

Fans Report In: Asking Alexandria

A few nights ago at the Seattle, Washington Studio 7 show, Danny Worsnop of Asking Alexandria was so incapacitated that he didn't sing, tried to pick fights with fans which eventually resulted in him punching a fan, broke some of the equipment and was booed off of stage. The rest of the band stayed on stage playing without him. Head to the replies for a statement from the band.

Submitted by Raarzipan

Matthew Tsai 04/01/11 01:12 PM

StatementAsking Alexandria

From the Band: We are so sorry Seattle. We will make this right. Once Danny wakes up from his nightmare that was tonight, he will face the music. Thank you to everyone who stayed with us through all of it and joined us on stage to keep the spirit alive. Forgive us Seattle. We will make this right.We are NOT breaking up and we are all still 5 united brothers in this together. Tomorrow Danny will speak for himself to all of you about what happened tonight in Seattle. We love you guys, you are the best fans in the world

From Danny's Twitter: I'm sorry Seattle! Tonight wasn't right. I'll be back making it up to you. I'm a fucking idiot. I should never blame my actions on my relapses but tonight made me realize I have a problem. I for the first time in my life want to fix myself. I now know what regret is! I apologize from the bottom of my heart... I've relied on drugs and drinking to feel alive. I can't do that anymore. Tonight was evidence it's not me. I can't do it anymore. I love you all and I'm so sorry I've let you all down. Hopefully I grow to have some sort of compassion to myself. I live for self-destruction and that's wrong. Nothing changes when you're killing yourself with poison I love you all and I hope you can forgive me. I am officially quitting drugs and drinking, here and now. I want to clean up and sort my fucking life out. I'll never stop hating myself until I stop killing myself. -Danny

bcblink 04/01/11 01:17 PM

StepsInADance 04/01/11 01:17 PM

Can they just kick him out of the band so they can eventually break up?

jornor 04/01/11 01:19 PM

So bad ass!!!!!!!! Omg this makes me love them so much more!!!!!!
I wish i could be bad ass and make high quality hardcore bad ass non generic/rip off music like these d00ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheRealJohnOC 04/01/11 01:19 PM

I remember my first beer...

irthesteve 04/01/11 01:20 PM

wow....

StepsInADance 04/01/11 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jornor (Post 87432142)
So bad ass!!!!!!!! Omg this makes me love them so much more!!!!!!
I wish i could be bad ass and make high quality hardcore bad ass non generic/rip off music like these d00ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad part is there are kids right now who are thinking exactly that.

henry chinaski 04/01/11 01:22 PM

who cares

amorning_ofsleep 04/01/11 01:22 PM

And this is surprising how?

BFH Drums 04/01/11 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 87432162)

HAHAHA YES!

Redpaperkut 04/01/11 01:23 PM

Someone get that man more drugs!

topher465 04/01/11 01:24 PM

This is a shame. I am not a fan of this band or this music, but no one likes seeing someone walking around on stage like this.

Mr. November 04/01/11 01:24 PM

Why would anyone want to be in a band with someone like that?

shawnPLAGUES 04/01/11 01:24 PM

Quote:

lol

NateFoundGlory 04/01/11 01:25 PM

If I made music that awful, I'd drink heavily too.

heavyd 04/01/11 01:27 PM

Jesus, bloody wanker!

What an unbelievable douche.

Posthardcore 04/01/11 01:28 PM

Warped Tour picks real winners.

jornor 04/01/11 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepsInADance (Post 87432252)
Sad part is there are kids right now who are thinking exactly that.

That honestly makes me sad

WerdnaNBD 04/01/11 01:32 PM

Last day to vote for them for the Golden God awards! I know you all will be voting for them haha

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-w...dengods/voting

youareallfreaks 04/01/11 01:32 PM

fun fun. think about fun.

GregisXcore 04/01/11 01:33 PM

Quote:

^this

Stormsubsides 04/01/11 01:33 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nd this is why I would rather masturbate with a fist full of razorblades in an airplane whilst experiencing turbulence than listen to this horrific band. Really need to just get rid of him and then eventually just break up and maybe music can get back to being halfway decent again.

kidinthebushes 04/01/11 01:35 PM

Does every lead singer of a shitty metalcore band need to have a drug/alcohol problem?

WeltallAY 04/01/11 01:36 PM

Well I'll be the first one to actually contribute something relevant to the thread...

At first I was irritated to hear this but after his statement I really hope he can knock that shit off. Whether you like the band or not, people spend their hard earned money on shows and one of the quickest ways to quick all interest in watching a set is realizing the some of the band members are drunk. It's very disrespectful, kind of like saying "We don't take you fans seriously and just want to goof off". I've only seen several shows in which the singers are drunk/tipsy (The Graduate, Of Machines) and it was quit disappointing.

JZebrak57 04/01/11 01:37 PM

I think the synchronized crabcore moves were more embarrassing than having him on stage. Why on earth do people think they look cool when they do that?

HeavenResign 04/01/11 01:37 PM

Not good music - not good people (or person, in this case). Zero surprises.

Quote:

I for the first time in my life want to fix myself. I now know what regret is!

In some ways I envy him, it is hard to live 20+ years of your life and not think there are things about yourself that you need to work on.

Of course, in some ways I don't because I'm not an alcoholic.

superBMRuth 04/01/11 01:40 PM

Quote:

/thread

FiringPartyRule 04/01/11 01:41 PM

I can't wait to be able to say that punching your fans at shows is so 2011.

cshadows2887 04/01/11 01:41 PM

This is just kind of sad, really. All you have is your fans. Disappoint them like that and you won't be around long.

DanTGD 04/01/11 01:41 PM

I totally called it with him being the next train wreck about three weeks ago.

sxetravisx 04/01/11 01:42 PM

yeah!

Lawliet 04/01/11 01:43 PM

What an April fool

SecretsFromYou 04/01/11 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiringPartyRule (Post 87433091)
I can't wait to be able to say that punching your fans at shows is so 2011.

I'll drink to that!

eatbabiesyum 04/01/11 01:44 PM

The UK didn't put up with this bullshit. This band blows.

Hail Lelouch 04/01/11 01:45 PM

People say you can't judge a book by a cover but there is the odd exception. Fucking hate this shitty band, lead singer is such a twat

evanthomas 04/01/11 01:46 PM

i read this and thought to myself... who?

lauren1234 04/01/11 01:46 PM

I honestly don't care if someone is drunk or on drugs when they play a show just as long as they know how to handle themselves while doing so. With that being said, I have never listened to this band nor do I ever plan to. This dude sounds like he needs some serious help.

Stormsubsides 04/01/11 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren1234 (Post 87433392)
I honestly don't care if someone is drunk or on drugs when they play a show just as long as they know how to handle themselves while doing so. With that being said, I have never listened to this band nor do I ever plan to. This dude sounds like he needs some serious help.

You are wise for staying away from this band, trust me. For some reason my friend was like Bro you need to check this band out, So I was like meh, why not? I don't really care new bands could be fun to listen too. I listened to no exaggeration 13 seconds of a song and instantly turned off youtube and threw my headphones across the rooms and then prayed that my ears would forgive me.

tottivillarossi 04/01/11 01:49 PM

Quote:

whenwefirstmet 04/01/11 01:50 PM

holy shit what a fucking asshole. fuck. he expects people to support him? shit. i kinda feel bad for the rest of the band. they are right at make or break time releasing this 2nd album next week. what a way to piss off people that already don't pay for music.

PandaBear! 04/01/11 01:50 PM

Blaming it on an addiction, a.k.a. The Jonny Craig defense.

So glad this band is you guy's problem now. Ha ha ha.

Hail Lelouch 04/01/11 01:50 PM

That gig looks like great fun...

whenwefirstmet 04/01/11 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTGD (Post 87433162)
I totally called it with him being the next train wreck about three weeks ago.

totally. he is a conceited asshole on his twitter and all he does is brag about how much of a rockstar he is.

war_allthetime 04/01/11 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateFoundGlory (Post 87432451)
If I made music that awful, I'd drink heavily too.

LOL THIS

heavyd 04/01/11 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 87432951)
Well I'll be the first one to actually contribute something relevant to the thread...

At first I was irritated to hear this but after his statement I really hope he can knock that shit off. Whether you like the band or not, people spend their hard earned money on shows and one of the quickest ways to quick all interest in watching a set is realizing the some of the band members are drunk. It's very disrespectful, kind of like saying "We don't take you fans seriously and just want to goof off". I've only seen several shows in which the singers are drunk/tipsy (The Graduate, Of Machines) and it was quit disappointing.

Every Avenue. Every time i see that fucking band, the singer is comepletely fucked up. He's a fucking douche as well.

DanTGD 04/01/11 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whenwefirstmet (Post 87433661)
totally. he is a conceited asshole on his twitter and all he does is brag about how much of a rockstar he is.

I had to take my ex-girlfriend to these guys in December and he actually started the show by saying "We are Asking Alexandria, and we are the biggest band in the world"

lauren1234 04/01/11 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormsubsides (Post 87433562)
You are wise for staying away from this band, trust me. For some reason my friend was like Bro you need to check this band out, So I was like meh, why not? I don't really care new bands could be fun to listen too. I listened to no exaggeration 13 seconds of a song and instantly turned off youtube and threw my headphones across the rooms and then prayed that my ears would forgive me.

Hahaha. It's comments like that that have made me not listen to them no matter how curious I may be.

NorthstarPark 04/01/11 01:56 PM

From what I heard this guy is a complete asshole and yet people still support him? Yay scene kids! You have some cool role models let me tell you.

xxero182 04/01/11 01:56 PM

sucks for them