AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  YMAEWK Drop Off Glamour Kills Tour (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2243112)

drummerhooper 04/04/11 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoSo1886 (Post 87593792)
drummer had a panic attack on stage the other night. set was only 4 songs

UH OH o___o

sauce301 04/05/11 01:34 AM

they had a demo way back in the day, like when they first started. it went like 'get up get up get up, the fire's burning...' i had it on a cd, but lost it way long ago. anyone remember what this might have been? it was an underscore song too, right before that broke up.

Contraryxwise 04/05/11 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauce301 (Post 87615041)
they had a demo way back in the day, like when they first started. it went like 'get up get up get up, the fire's burning...' i had it on a cd, but lost it way long ago. anyone remember what this might have been? it was an underscore song too, right before that broke up.

I'm pretty sure it's "get out" not "get up". Could be wrong. But if we're thinking of the same song it's called Two on a Match.

sauce301 04/05/11 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contraryxwise (Post 87615741)
I'm pretty sure it's "get out" not "get up". Could be wrong. But if we're thinking of the same song it's called Two on a Match.

oh word, yeah that is it, i think the last time i heard it was in like 06. thanks dude!

ched zeppelin 04/05/11 03:53 AM

Hope everything is okay.

brandon_260 04/05/11 04:08 AM

Hope everything works put for them

ZoSo1886 04/05/11 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *dannyg* (Post 87602081)
i think you're right, def not disagreeing with you. the last time i saw them, about a year ago, he seemed to find a pretty good lineup, he was sounding pretty confident with things. they're not playing old songs on tour anymore, and that bums me out. he busted his ass touring & promoting during those independent EP's, now that they're on a label & have some support i feel like they owe it to their fans who've been here to play their old stuff.

This band is on tons of supporting tours. They play material from their full length in order to sell it at shows. They have a label push behind it so they need to go all out on their new material. If they headlined they would prolly play more ep stuff

ReadyForAction 04/05/11 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madasahatter93 (Post 87597001)
since everyone else on this site seems to entitled to their opinions, i hope they break up.

No

*dannyg* 04/05/11 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoSo1886 (Post 87617821)
This band is on tons of supporting tours. They play material from their full length in order to sell it at shows. They have a label push behind it so they need to go all out on their new material. If they headlined they would prolly play more ep stuff

They didn't play any old songs in Harrisbonburg, VA when they dropped off a date of Hellogoodbye's headliner, and they headlined. Every supporting band I've ever seen has played a mix of old and new songs. Ben refused to play old songs when they headlined, even with fans asking him too. Won't play Carolina Heat when they go to Carolina either...

@matthewknutson 04/05/11 07:12 AM

1. I'm so glad I didn't buy a ticket for Minnesota. They were the only reason I was going to go. HORRID lineup.

2. Having said that, the exposure from that tour for them would have really given them the final push they needed. I feel like they are an absolutepunk sweetheart (and rightfully so) and to expand that audience would have really helped them out.

3. I still think its funny/creepy that people speak of band members like personal friends and like they know the issues/non-issues first hand. Reading articles on the internet doesnt give you cred. sorry.

ZoSo1886 04/05/11 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *dannyg* (Post 87619092)
They didn't play any old songs in Harrisbonburg, VA when they dropped off a date of Hellogoodbye's headliner, and they headlined. Every supporting band I've ever seen has played a mix of old and new songs. Ben refused to play old songs when they headlined, even with fans asking him too. Won't play Carolina Heat when they go to Carolina either...

Maybe they are trying to move forward and have everyone focus on new material which they are very excited and proud of. I know Soupy from TWY has said that when the new record comes out... gsoi will exit the live show entirely. And they will play. Only one song from the ep to focus on new songs (unrelated but an argument for my point haha)

thaianna 04/05/11 07:40 AM

Weird just saw them sunday.

Manufactured Dreams 04/05/11 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madasahatter93 (Post 87597001)
since everyone else on this site seems to entitled to their opinions, i hope they break up.

You suck so much.

ched zeppelin 04/05/11 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qadriyyah (Post 87621111)
You suck so much.

Agreed. This kid has no clue.

Holly HoX! 04/05/11 09:08 AM

If the rumors in this thread are true, I feel bad for that dude. That'd be painful to watch/experience.