AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Zooey The Pooh (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2245681)

Paul Tao 04/06/11 11:44 AM

Zooey The Pooh

Zooey Deschanel sings a few songs in the upcoming Winnie The Pooh film. You can preview a song in the replies.

Paul Tao 04/06/11 11:44 AM

JuneJuly 04/06/11 11:46 AM

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

ParkwayTom 04/06/11 11:49 AM

Ok, am I the only one that thinks she can't fucking act? I mean like, she's cute and everything, but how the hell does she get movie roles? She is literally the exact same person in every movie. I know people get typecasted, but that just means they play the role well. After seeing her in interviews, its obvious that she's exactly the same person in her movies as she is in real life. I know there's probably a thread for this somewhere but whatever. Just seeing if anyone shared my opinion.

ChrisJamesAdams 04/06/11 11:57 AM

1. The animations they put in with the real film made me laugh a lot.
2. I'm totally going to see this movie.
3. She needs to hop of off Ben Gibbard's dick, find out that I exist, and then marry me.

XenoAbe 04/06/11 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParkwayTom (Post 87689961)
Ok, am I the only one that thinks she can't fucking act? I mean like, she's cute and everything, but how the hell does she get movie roles? She is literally the exact same person in every movie. I know people get typecasted, but that just means they play the role well. After seeing her in interviews, its obvious that she's exactly the same person in her movies as she is in real life. I know there's probably a thread for this somewhere but whatever. Just seeing if anyone shared my opinion.

PengusNiugnep 04/06/11 11:59 AM

Now I really want to see this movie.

whiterussian 04/06/11 12:16 PM

isn't that Ward with her?

takeiteasy_ 04/06/11 12:17 PM

She has the perfect voice for this.

Paul Tao 04/06/11 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterussian (Post 87691361)
isn't that Ward with her?

yes but this isn't a She & Him project technically, it's Zooey Deschanel (with M. Ward playing some guitar).

I think it's just a PR thing - she & him are big in the indie world but to promote a Disney movie, Disney needs Zooey's star power

Romancebled 04/06/11 12:26 PM

Always stoked for anything that is Zooey related.

whiterussian 04/06/11 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tao (Post 87691521)
yes but this isn't a She & Him project technically, it's Zooey Deschanel (with M. Ward playing some guitar).

I think it's just a PR thing - she & him are big in the indie world but to promote a Disney movie, Disney needs Zooey's star power

yeah, I sort of get it.

Ward's playing here in Lisbon soon, wish I had to dough to go.

kidwithhelmet 04/06/11 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParkwayTom (Post 87689961)

I don't share this viewpoint but I can see where you are coming from.

AndyNJ 04/06/11 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tao (Post 87691521)

To be fair, that's basically what She & Him is. ZD does most (if not all) of the writing.

SuNDaYSTaR 04/06/11 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoAbe (Post 87690412)

Holy lol!