AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  PM Today/Tides of Man Gone from Rise Website (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2322112)

Joe DeAndrea 06/12/11 09:37 AM

PM Today/Tides of Man Gone from Rise Website

PM Today and Tides of Man are no longer listed in the artists section on Rise Records' website.

Submitted by Krazycev13

TheRealJohnOC 06/12/11 09:40 AM

Odd that FFTL is still listed.

kemichels 06/12/11 09:45 AM

Well...hopefully PMToday is still a band. Shit was good.

Dustin Harkins 06/12/11 09:46 AM

Good for pmtoday, I feel like their following and opportunities never grew from being on Rise. If they can do it on their own and not be in debt to a label, more power to them.

EDIT: Of course, if pmtoday is still a band that's the case...if not then I'm very upset about music's loss.

low_rising 06/12/11 09:49 AM

kinda makes sense, pmtoday have been inactive lately and tides havent found a replacement vocalist.
sucks, i hope both bands are still together.

DemBitties 06/12/11 09:51 AM

My reaction to PMToday and Tides of Man either getting dropped from Rise or breaking up completely.

Joe DeAndrea 06/12/11 09:54 AM

I don't get how some labels are so quick to erase bands from their site then keep others around for years later after they're gone. It's like a girl erasing her relationship status from Facebook, except she still has pics from her boyfriend from BEFORE in her profile pictures.

brandon_260 06/12/11 10:04 AM

Never got into pm, but I'm bummed about Tides. Still weird seeing Transit/AL4W/MO on the list.

tyramail 06/12/11 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brook183 (Post 90592731)
PMtoday lost their singer? Damn, I absolutely loved their last album.

Where did you hear this?

craigboliver 06/12/11 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brook183 (Post 90592731)
PMtoday lost their singer? Damn, I absolutely loved their last album.

Nope, Tides lost their singer. He's with Saosin now

brook183 06/12/11 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigboliver (Post 90592942)
Nope, Tides lost their singer. He's with Saosin now

Misread someone's post above me. Thank god.

StepsInADance 06/12/11 10:14 AM

Wow there goes two of Rise's more talented bands.
Hopefully they're headed for better things, I could really see PMToday getting picked up by Equal Vision.

COREhorizon 06/12/11 10:15 AM

Yeah I can understand Tides of Man, gonna be hard to replace Tillian.

Kacybraying 06/12/11 10:16 AM

Tillian Pearson from Tides of Man has his own band now called Archives. They put up a demo a few weeks ago. Its actually really good. A lot of people will say its a Tides clone but that's only because everyone associates his unique voice so strongly with that band. I think he did a demo with Saosin but there was never anything official about him joining the band.
I do hope everything is good in the world of PMToday. I love their music so much.

billysurvive 06/12/11 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe DeAndrea (Post 90592532)
I don't get how some labels are so quick to erase bands from their site then keep others around for years later after they're gone. It's like a girl erasing her relationship status from Facebook, except she still has pics from her boyfriend from BEFORE in her profile pictures.

Well put, lol. I guess the reason being is so that if other kids see a band like From First to Last on the site, they'll freak and instantly love the record company. I mean, I was back in the day ("dear diary, my teen angst has a body count") a fan of theirs...