AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  New Years Day - My Dear (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=235900)

Scott Irvine 05/09/07 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWaitInTheCar (Post 6483099)
I didn't read it. I saw the name and looked at the ratings. Sue me?

Sue you. Right.

No but members like you are why I get discouraged with this site. The least some could do is have a little courtesy and read what we have to say and not just look at the ratings, which are kind of meaningless. I'm for abolishing ratings so we can weed kids like you out.

bloodyr0mance87 05/09/07 06:13 PM

good review, it's dead on. i like what i'm hearing on myspace. the lyrics are a little blah, but the music is catchy, and the vocals are great, just like you said.

GoWaitInTheCar 05/09/07 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Irvine (Post 6483207)
Sue you. Right.

No but members like you are why I get discouraged with this site. The least some could do is have a little courtesy and read what we have to say and not just look at the ratings, which are kind of meaningless. I'm for abolishing ratings so we can weed kids like you out.

That is awesome that you judged me for the fact of this one review. New Years Day rung a bell in my mind as the band from Saints Row and that song made me laugh. I commented asking if it was. I found it was, so regardless I wasn't gonna read it. If I was interested in the band I would read it. If the band was from a record label I enjoyed I would of read it. If the band was a band that I heard of but never stuff from I would of read it. If I was bored I would of read it.

Btw, it's a huge problems that people look at the rating and now read the review? I'm sure there is worse on this website then someone look at the ratings of an album and then closing the window.

Settle down.

EDIT: I don't see many problems with this website. Good people, good times, the only thing that sometimes gets out of control is people making deals out of nothing. I love this website and I plan on being around for awhile, just saying.

Scott Irvine 05/09/07 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWaitInTheCar (Post 6483439)
That is awesome that you judged me for the fact of this one review. New Years Day rung a bell in my mind as the band from Saints Row and that song made me laugh. I commented asking if it was. I found it was, so regardless I wasn't gonna read it. If I was interested in the band I would read it. If the band was from a record label I enjoyed I would of read it. If the band was a band that I heard of but never stuff from I would of read it. If I was bored I would of read it.

Btw, it's a huge problems that people look at the rating and now read the review? I'm sure there is worse on this website then someone look at the ratings of an album and then closing the window.

Settle down.

EDIT: I don't see many problems with this website. Good people, good times, the only thing that sometimes gets out of control is people making deals out of nothing. I love this website and I plan on being around for awhile, just saying.

Yes, it is a huge problem(s) that kids look at ratings and promptly judge without letting us justify our writing. Maybe not in your case, but it brings up bad memories of such things happening. I don't need to settle down, pal. I'm as calm as can be. If me having a slight problem with something warrants you telling me to settle down, then by all means follow me around the forums because you'll be typing it a lot.

And I'm not even going to address that fact that this site makes a big deal out nothing, because that'll happen in 95% of all online music communities.

GoWaitInTheCar 05/09/07 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Irvine (Post 6483530)
Yes, it is a huge problem(s) that kids look at ratings and promptly judge without letting us justify our writing. Maybe not in your case, but it brings up bad memories of such things happening. I don't need to settle down, pal. I'm as calm as can be. If me having a slight problem with something warrants you telling me to settle down, then by all means follow me around the forums because you'll be typing it a lot.

And I'm not even going to address that fact that this site makes a big deal out nothing, because that'll happen in 95% of all online music communities.

I'm not trying to start any drama. I'm fine as well my friend.

Off subject but does anyone on staff have any interest in Neon Horse? Their cd just dropped.

underthetalking 05/09/07 06:50 PM

Scott Irvine = Best reviews on AP.

akster 05/12/07 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy017 (Post 6479497)
im surprised that temecula sunrise is on this cd i remember seeing home grown perform it live saying it was going to be on their new record...well before they broke up that is

Yeaaa :( I have the old demo with Adam singing on it.

saysmydoctor 05/13/07 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underthetalking (Post 6483654)
Scott Irvine = Best reviews on AP.

Truth.

ohsweetirony 05/24/07 08:52 AM

this band is absolutely horrible. generic with eye makeup? come on now guys

giovanni_c 07/22/07 11:29 PM

Picked up the CD on warped tour, it's great.

romeoheart 08/31/07 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy017 (Post 6479497)
im surprised that temecula sunrise is on this cd i remember seeing home grown perform it live saying it was going to be on their new record...well before they broke up that is

i loved that song when home grown did it, i know they had it on there myspace for a while, i would kill for the home grown one on a cd

ryanrh29 09/12/07 09:25 PM

what a bunch of crap. Home Grown was my favorite band thru high school and beyond up until the last horrible ep. Why would adam leave to be a part of this wannabe Paramore junk? from what i was reading sounded like it was all his decision. The video for Feliz Navidad will go down as the best video most people have never seen ever. recommend people try to youtube it if you havent seen it.

PureBlueSF 02/15/09 11:41 AM

That one song by this band that was on Saints Row was really annoying.

YOUR LOVE IS MY HEART DISEASE!!!!!

denissuxx 09/02/09 06:52 PM

Pretty decent stuff.