AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Interviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
  -  Paramore - 05.25.07 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=239981)

mrxstripes 05/25/07 02:57 PM

Dang, their first show they opened for Copeland? Crazy
Good interview

meh 05/25/07 03:00 PM

Awesome; Paramore ftw.

TakingBackDowd 05/25/07 03:00 PM

good interview man, i love them.

_thisisme* 05/25/07 03:24 PM

Nice interview Julia :)

Can't wait to see them in 2 weeks in Amsterdam

bduke13 05/25/07 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamour_kills (Post 6616729)
Nice interview.

But horrible band. Theyre a gimmick. They make bland music with very little staying power.

This was also very interesting to me,

I think she meant that they were playing shows for the bands they opened for fans because they didn't have many yet. Which every other band pretty much has to do

rat2thezki 05/25/07 03:44 PM

"Josh: All I listen to is Jimmy Eat World. That’s all. Jimmy Eat World and Mute Math. I love Mute Math."

great bands especially mute math
but still i like this quote too

"Just because I have boobs AP.net has a couple more threads about Paramore. It’s weird. "

wahwah16 05/25/07 03:47 PM

nice interview

bduke13 05/25/07 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamour_kills (Post 6616861)
Exactly. Which every band has to do, so why would they make a big deal out of it?

And when she says "first few shows before we got signed" I wonder how many shows that actually was. Since they are of course a gimmick band.

I don't think she is making a big deal out of it. Julia asked how Franklin embraced them in their early days of being a band and that was part of the answer. After that she says

Quote:

It didnít seem like there were a ton of kids coming out who knew who we were. And if they did, they didnít even know we were from the same town as them.

I don't see what the big deal is about them saying they didn't have many fans unless it has to do with your believe of them being a 'gimmick band'

bduke13 05/25/07 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamour_kills (Post 6617008)
It seemed like they were talking about shows in Nashville, not their hometown. And why would they expect a lot of the audience to know who they are when they are a small band opening for Copeland?

And they are a gimmick. They have set a little sand trap and teenagers/fans of poor cheesy music have fallen in.

According to Mapquest Nashville is 22 miles away from Franklin so I guess that would be pretty much the same scene. I don't think they were expecting the audience to know them, if they were she didn't say that in the interview.

And if you say so

etrox318 05/25/07 04:13 PM

you're a good interviewer.

i loled when i read the part about blowing up toilets.

i want to blow up a toilet.

not an acoustic guitar.

kittypants 05/25/07 04:19 PM

nice people. can't say i like the music though. the single is really annoying

Julia Conny 05/25/07 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe DeAndrea (Post 6615819)
Awesome interview. Good job, Julia! :-)

Thanks Joe!

Julia Conny 05/25/07 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWeezer2 (Post 6616128)
they seem like a really fun band which they never really came across to me as before. that sentence was awkward.

Hah, I got it. They were very chill people and quite easy to talk to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfie7X (Post 6616142)
Haha, you called Hayley a sex kitten.

She's so short! Well, I'm short too so I have mad props for her.

Julia Conny 05/25/07 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamour_kills (Post 6616729)
Nice interview.

But horrible band. Theyre a gimmick. They make bland music with very little staying power.

This was also very interesting to me,

How are they a gimmick? Because they have a girl singer?

Julia Conny 05/25/07 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamour_kills (Post 6616861)
Exactly. Which every band has to do, so why would they make a big deal out of it?

And when she says "first few shows before we got signed" I wonder how many shows that actually was. Since they are of course a gimmick band.

This is something she mentioned in conversation. You pulled it out of context and assumed that because she mentioned that Paramore was opening for other bands, that this was something out of the norm. You are just trying to make them look bad and it's dumb.