AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Take Cover - The Dreamer and The Realist (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2406052)

AdamChildress 08/19/11 11:25 AM

Perfect. One of the only records I could deal with the poppiness (I'm just picky about pop rock, not that I think it's bad by any means). They do to a very listenable extent & The Graduate comparison is spot on =) Good review Thomas.

ManicanParty49 08/19/11 02:10 PM

I've been listening to these guys for a while now, and I'm very excited to see who picks these guys up. They are such a good band.

ched zeppelin 08/19/11 02:42 PM

Such a good album!

Prae Omnia 08/19/11 03:07 PM

love this album. love all the ep's. love this band;-)

Passion Man 08/19/11 04:05 PM

What a coincidence, I was looking for some good pop.

gurby 08/19/11 04:25 PM

great to see these guys on here.

taylerx0 08/19/11 05:58 PM

Really loving this. I was pretty excited for this album after constantly listening to their previous three EPs for over a year, and it doesn't disappoint. It's especially awesome considering it's their debut full-length. Can't choose a favorite song at the moment because I'd probably end up listing 2/3 of the album.

If you like this album, I highly recommend their self-titled EP as well was The Last Word EP.

I'm going to have to disagree with The Graduate being a RIYL, though. I don't hear much of a similarity between them at all.

Thomas Nassiff 08/19/11 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passion Man (Post 93650762)
What a coincidence, I was looking for some good pop.

That's still my favorite part about this website.

DemBitties 08/19/11 08:55 PM

Didn't these guys used to play pop-punk in vein of The Wonder Years or Fireworks?

Either way, comparing this to Marianas Trench and The Graduate is making me shit my pants.

The only thing I would disagree with you about is the lack of quality pop-rock records this year. The Dangerous Summer, Farewell Fighter, Every Avenue and Brighter, Brightest have all released great albums in 2011. You just have to look beyond the shit All Time Low, The Maine, The Bigger Lights, ect. Have been pumping out.

viggie55 08/20/11 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemBitties (Post 93661362)
Didn't these guys used to play pop-punk in vein of The Wonder Years or Fireworks?

Either way, comparing this to Marianas Trench and The Graduate is making me shit my pants.

The only thing I would disagree with you about is the lack of quality pop-rock records this year. The Dangerous Summer, Farewell Fighter, Every Avenue and Brighter, Brightest have all released great albums in 2011. You just have to look beyond the shit All Time Low, The Maine, The Bigger Lights, ect. Have been pumping out.

I love that you listed Farewell Fighter and Dangerous Summer alongside Take Cover. All those bands deserve to have a solid year! It's going to be fun to see who lands FF & TC tho.

blue_light_888 08/20/11 08:38 PM

Farewell Fighter has been having an awesome year.

And the comparisons to Marianas Trench have me intrigued. Definitely going to be checking this out later.

chiggles 08/21/11 11:36 PM

Thought this was the hardcore group Take Cover, guess I was wrong. I will check this out though, seems pretty fun.

LLC 08/22/11 02:58 AM

Best Album Of 2011!

Best record of 2011! No doubt
Takes 2 listens to like, 3-4 listens to love
:)

Avalanche1 08/24/11 02:24 PM

This is really good. Some insanely catchy choruses.