AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Exclusive: Excerpt from Upcoming Book On The Stooges (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2413782)

Jason Tate 08/25/11 09:19 AM

Exclusive: Excerpt from Upcoming Book On The Stooges

Brett Callwood recently penned a book on The Stooges called Head On, a Journey Through the Michigan Underground. It hits stores in September, and more info about the book can be found here. The foreword is written by Alice Cooper, and we were able to grab an excerpt to share with you.
From the BookI was not expecting the Stooges. I really got into the fact that they were straight-up street-Detroit rock. There was nothing complicated about it. As far as Iggy goes, it took about two songs before I realized I had competition. Nobody was doing anything like what we did, and then all of the sudden there was this guy with no shirt on, walking on everybody's hands with peanut butter all over himself. Iggy was a physical specimen. He was punk personified. He didn't need props or anything. He was just every kid on the street. He was their spokesman. He was the ultimate godfather of punk. -- Alice Cooper

Interested? Grab it on Amazon.

neo506 08/25/11 09:36 AM

Gonna have to get this eventually. The Stooges were badass

SmeezyBeezy 08/25/11 09:37 AM

Wonder if they'll talk about MC5 at all in the book, that'd be preeeetty cool.

Holly HoX! 08/25/11 09:37 AM

Very interested. Just ordered three books on amazon, but I'll grab this at a book store....or once it's on paperback.

Holly HoX! 08/25/11 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmeezyBeezy (Post 93900962)

Absolutely. Say, did the lips blow your mind? Haven't talked to you yet.

Dogbreath 08/25/11 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmeezyBeezy (Post 93900962)

Actually, the author is Brett Callwood who wrote a whole other book about the MC5. It's awesome and it's called Sonically Speaking. Look it up.

schlotty 08/25/11 10:03 AM

Yesssssss. Must buy this.

Rodeo 08/25/11 02:44 PM

This is wonderful! Best band to ever walk the planet in my opinion!

ecartman(>< ) 08/25/11 06:30 PM

funhouse

SmeezyBeezy 08/25/11 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 93901052)
Absolutely. Say, did the lips blow your mind? Haven't talked to you yet.

Hell yes, was chillin with Sid during it. Wow. The whole festival was amazing mang wish you coulda come.

SmeezyBeezy 08/25/11 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogbreath (Post 93901502)
Actually, the author is Brett Callwood who wrote a whole other book about the MC5. It's awesome and it's called Sonically Speaking. Look it up.

Oh ok cool I've heard of that book but haven't read it, will definitely look into it thanks for the heads up.

Holly HoX! 08/25/11 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmeezyBeezy (Post 93929872)
Hell yes, was chillin with Sid during it. Wow. The whole festival was amazing mang wish you coulda come.

Hahaha that's awesome. I bet it was a blast.

SmeezyBeezy 08/25/11 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 93930202)
Hahaha that's awesome. I bet it was a blast.

Indeed. You should come to our show though tomorrow and then we should hit up the town yo.

Holly HoX! 08/25/11 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmeezyBeezy (Post 93930322)
Indeed. You should come to our show though tomorrow and then we should hit up the town yo.

Yeah, I got your text - very impersonal, Smeez!! Jk jk. Imma try and get over there fo sho. Might roll solo before meeting up with the lost boys. I gotta yell at your band, too.

SmeezyBeezy 08/25/11 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 93930452)
Yeah, I got your text - very impersonal, Smeez!! Jk jk. Imma try and get over there fo sho. Might roll solo before meeting up with the lost boys. I gotta yell at your band, too.

Cool Cool, yeah sorry bout the mass text haha.