AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Kate Voegele - Don't Look Away (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=241544)

Russ Hockenbury 06/01/07 08:09 AM

Kate Voegele - Don't Look Away

Kate Voegele – Don’t Look Away
Label: MySpace Records
Release Date: May 22, 2007

Who:

Kate is a student at Miami of Ohio that has garnered national attention for her songwriting and voice. MySpace Records signed her in 2006.

How is it?:

Pretty face plays soft pop-rock, boys swoon, and girls want to be her. That’s the time-tested formula that the Voegele camp is betting on (see: Michelle Branch). The bubble buster is that most of Voegele’s songs are a bit too adult contemporary to appeal to the MySpace demographic, though “Chicago” could be a bonafide hit…on VH1.

Wally Szczerbiak is rotting in Boston: “Chicago”, “I Won’t Disagree”

Girls with guitars: Michelle Branch, Sheryl Crow, Lisa Loeb

www.myspace.com/katevoegele

Blake Solomon 06/01/07 09:28 AM

she is just begging to be facebook friends.

jantelis 06/01/07 08:54 PM

Its a great album , nice production and tight mixes!

saysmydoctor 06/02/07 12:32 AM

I used to have a huge boner for Michelle Branch when I was 12.

blimpcityhero11 06/02/07 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utman8 (Post 6674210)
she is just begging to be facebook friends.

Haha I already am with her, but I go to Miami and have met her several times. She's really just a normal college kid.

failingwithease 06/02/07 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blimpcityhero11 (Post 6682183)
Haha I already am with her, but I go to Miami and have met her several times. She's really just a normal college kid.

If by that you mean she's a fucking bitch, haha. My friend went to high school with her. Wonderful.

blimpcityhero11 06/02/07 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by failingwithease (Post 6682550)
If by that you mean she's a fucking bitch, haha. My friend went to high school with her. Wonderful.

Yeah... Well, all I'll say is that no one will book her for school events or around the bars because she's a bitch to book and deal with.

failingwithease 06/02/07 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blimpcityhero11 (Post 6682648)
Yeah... Well, all I'll say is that no one will book her for school events or around the bars because she's a bitch to book and deal with.

Hahaha. That's awesome. I wonder what her deal is. Apparently, everyone in her hometown hates her now cause she's such a cunt.

blimpcityhero11 06/02/07 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by failingwithease (Post 6682702)
Hahaha. That's awesome. I wonder what her deal is. Apparently, everyone in her hometown hates her now cause she's such a cunt.

It's more her dad with the booking because his demands are ridiculous for hotel accomodations and stuff. Ridiculous...

TomFoolery 06/03/07 06:31 PM

well i kinda grew up with kate she is hardly a bitch and her dads an amazing person

wallywonka 06/06/07 03:37 PM

I go to Miami and i'm a musician and Kate Voegele is one of the most humble people I've met in this business. These people are full of crap and just jealous because she is making a name for herself. We've played together a ton and everyone who actually knows her has nothing but praise for her...Way to go Kate...keep up the great work and don't listen to all of these asses.