AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Hollywood Undead/Asking Alexandria Tour (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2422932)

Christian Wagner 09/01/11 10:45 AM

Hollywood Undead/Asking Alexandria Tour

Hollywood Undead, Asking Alexandria, D.R.U.G.S., We Came As Romans, and Borgore are going on tour together. Dates in the replies.

Christian Wagner 09/01/11 10:45 AM

Tour Dates
After the massively successful “REVOLT” headline tour, A&M/Octone recording artists, Hollywood Undead, unveils the line-up for the much anticipated “World War III” tour. Kicking off in Mesa, AZ on November 1st the tour will feature Sumerian Records' Asking Alexandria as co-headliners, along with special guests Borgore, We Came As Romans and D.R.U.G.S. Each date on the tour will be opened by a local unsigned band who wins a competition presented by Whooznxt.com and Headbang For The Highway. Stay tuned over the coming weeks to either Whooznxt.com, www.facebook.com/hollywoodundead or www.facebook.com/askingalexandria for news on how to sign up!

Hollywood Undead’s controversial sophomore release American Tragedy (A&M / Octone) entered the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart at No. 4. The disc has sold 209,321 copies to date and continues to chart in the Top 10 Hard Rock Albums. The band spent the Summer headlining their own sold out tour of the US, the 'Endless Summer' tour, as well as appearing again on the main stage of Summer Sonic in Japan, and the Download Festival in the United Kingdom. The band’s debut Swan Songs is approaching sales of one million copies, and platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America. It spent 53 consecutive weeks on the aforementioned album chart, and re-charted in front of the release of American Tragedy.

Da Kurlzz from Hollywood Undead says "Hollywood Undead are excited to announce and launch our biggest tour so far..... 'World War III' .... and can't wait to share the stage with Asking Alexandria and all the other bands.....See you on the battlefield!"

This past April, ASKING ALEXANDRIA released their much anticipated sophomore full-length effort, Reckless and Relentless, which debuted in the Billboard Top 200 at #9 selling over 31,000 units the first week. The band has just completed a successful Vans Warped Tour as a headliner on the Teggart main stage and is excited to be co-headlining this fall with Hollywood Undead.

Ben Bruce (guitars) of Asking Alexandria states "Warped was amazing but we are excited to get back into venues and add a bit more to the live show. We look forward to seeing you this fall on World War III when Hollywood Undead and Asking Alexandria bring back the sex, drugs and rock n roll era!!!"

Full dates can be seen below:
11/1 - Mesa, AZ
11/3 – Salt Lake City, UT
11/4 – Denver, CO
11/5 - Kansas City, MO
11/6 - St. Louis, MO
11/8 – Chicago, IL
11/9 - Detroit, MI
11/11 – New York, NY
11/12 – Poughkeepsie, NY
11/13 - Lowell, MA
11/15 – Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC (TBD)
11/17 - Orlando, FL
11/18 - Boca Raton, FL
11/19 - Tampa, FL

Tyler Vagyler 09/01/11 10:47 AM

gross

TheRealJohnOC 09/01/11 10:47 AM

I wonder how many hate replies this will get...

dannylololol 09/01/11 10:47 AM

gross

cwhit412 09/01/11 10:52 AM

Gross.
Did not know WCAR was smaller than AA though.

subplotofcrows 09/01/11 10:52 AM

Wow, DRUGS and WCAR are low on that bill. I figured WCAR would do a headliner this fall for their new album.

Thomas Nassiff 09/01/11 10:54 AM

lololololololololololololololololol ololololololollolololl

InaGreendase 09/01/11 11:01 AM

Sounds good to me. Lineups like these prevent tours like Polar Bear and Touche Amore's fall lineups from getting diluted.

Yontsey 09/01/11 11:01 AM

Worst tour of the year candidate?

Tingstrm 09/01/11 11:03 AM

ugh.

ACA 09/01/11 11:04 AM

I love when shitty bands join together and take each other out of commission for months at a time, so awesome. It keeps them off real tours.. though most real bands don't touch this shit with a ten foot pole unless it's corporate..

..which reminds me of 2011 Coca Cola Tour with We Are in the Crowd on the bill with TBS/Thursday/Colour Revolt. Thrilled they hopped off and joined up with fellow shitty bands.

johnnyferris 09/01/11 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subplotofcrows (Post 94249972)
Wow, DRUGS and WCAR are low on that bill. I figured WCAR would do a headliner this fall for their new album.

They are. This tour is happening right after.

Sext Offender 09/01/11 11:07 AM

i'd go for D.R.U.G.S. if this came to the bay area

do hollywood undead so desperately need fans/big shows that they have to tour with
"scene" bands? go tour with insane clown posse & spread the awfulness amongst
your own community/genre

trappedintime 09/01/11 11:10 AM

:lol:

shawnPLAGUES 09/01/11 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACA (Post 94250492)
I love when shitty bands join together and take each other out of commission for months at a time, so awesome. It keeps them off real tours.. though most real bands don't touch this shit with a ten foot pole unless it's corporate..

..which reminds me of 2011 Coca Cola Tour with We Are in the Crowd on the bill with TBS/Thursday/Colour Revolt. Thrilled they hopped off and joined up with fellow shitty bands.

Yup.

cwhit412 09/01/11 11:11 AM

Quote:

There's no comparison between those two. Don't even attempt.

Jake Denning 09/01/11 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subplotofcrows (Post 94249972)

They are -- the "I'm Alive" tour

incognitojones 09/01/11 11:14 AM

Quote:

This. Glad to see this shit scene bands touring together, as to not tour with bands I may want to see. It all works for everyone.

InTheatersNow 09/01/11 11:15 AM

Would only see DRUGS

BottomsUp 09/01/11 11:18 AM

there will be more dates

darlingsveil 09/01/11 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InaGreendase (Post 94250332)
Sounds good to me. Lineups like these prevent tours like Polar Bear and Touche Amore's fall lineups from getting diluted.

completely agree with this.

kidinthebushes 09/01/11 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 94249952)
Gross.
Did not know WCAR was smaller than AA though.

I had no clue Asking Alexandria was so huge but they did play the main stage this summer at Warped.

icynova 09/01/11 11:21 AM

The "Never Will I Ever" tour.

ACA 09/01/11 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 94250842)
There's no comparison between those two. Don't even attempt.

One plays watered down, slow, hookless punk-pop that is grating.

One plays watered down, boring, bland post-hardcore that is grating.

The comparison can be easily made.

ACA 09/01/11 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitojones (Post 94251022)
This. Glad to see this shit scene bands touring together, as to not tour with bands I may want to see. It all works for everyone.

Totally.

You get tours like this, or Bring Me The Horizon/Parkway Drive/Architects/Deez Nuts, and you lump all of that asinine shit together in one place for people to eat up.

Then you let yours like Thrice / La Dispute / Moving Mountains / O'Brother to keep the rest of us happy.

It works out for everyone, like you said.

cwhit412 09/01/11 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACA (Post 94251592)
One plays watered down, slow, hookless punk-pop that is grating.

One plays watered down, boring, bland post-hardcore that is grating.

The comparison can be easily made.

Not slow, not pop-punk, not hookless.
But sure.

incognitojones 09/01/11 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACA (Post 94251742)
Totally.

You get tours like this, or Bring Me The Horizon/Parkway Drive/Architects/Deez Nuts, and you lump all of that asinine shit together in one place for people to eat up.

Then you let yours like Thrice / La Dispute / Moving Mountains / O'Brother to keep the rest of us happy.

Yup. I haven't seen a tour with two complete shit bands and two great bands in a while. They've been doing pretty good at working with each other to bring in the right crowds and get certain groups really excited for certain shows. Bands are fitting in with each other and things are looking up.

crutchfield 09/01/11 11:36 AM

Drugs is the most embaressing band on the tour

janinedeleon 09/01/11 11:38 AM

lol

Handraa 09/01/11 11:41 AM

Oh jesus.

NorthstarPark 09/01/11 11:46 AM

So happy this isnt coming anywhere near Texas! I don't usually smile but I'm smiling big right now :).

cubine 09/01/11 11:48 AM

Quote:

Totally.

Bring Me The Horizon and Parkway Drive at their absolute worst are miles better than Hollywood Undead or Asking Alexandria.

Maxwell 09/01/11 11:53 AM

That Borgore remix of that Asking Alexandria song is literally one of the most hilarious things i have ever heard.

kskillzz 09/01/11 11:56 AM

Wow didn't realize Hollywood undead was that big Swan songs is about to go platinum?

Jake Jenkins 09/01/11 11:57 AM

Borgore? Really?

The Minn 09/01/11 12:01 PM

HU is a guilty pleasure of mine but man...the new release just sucks....

Mibabalou 09/01/11 12:01 PM

dear god how craig owens has fallen......

.dot 09/01/11 12:04 PM

ugh, was hoping for a DRUGS headlining tour this fall. I really wish DRUGS would tour with better bands (instead of HU and Black Veil Brides...)
I don't really have a problem with AA, I saw them at Warped and they put on a decent set. And I am a fan of WCAR, but its not worth the drive to see such a short set.

RobbieBerns 09/01/11 12:05 PM

lol wtf

steve187 09/01/11 12:10 PM

scene kids still stuck in 2007 are stoked

onetwentyseven 09/01/11 12:11 PM

lol Lowell, MA? The only place I can think of thats a venue there is the Tsongas Center and that is technically an arena. No fucking way this tour fills an arena?

Tilde 09/01/11 12:13 PM

That's just incredibly unfortunate for all involved

subplotofcrows 09/01/11 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhauer12 (Post 94250962)
They are -- the "I'm Alive" tour

I must have missed it. I looked it up and saw the lineup- realized why I hadn't heard about it.

This whole tour just confuses me.

ACA 09/01/11 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubine (Post 94252792)
Bring Me The Horizon and Parkway Drive at their absolute worst are miles better than Hollywood Undead or Asking Alexandria.

You know, I would like to think that about Parkway Drive. But teaming up with such an offensive, homophobic headliner is just an embarrassing blow and not something I can take seriously.

I know bands need to get paid, but if you have to tour with someone like BMTH I'd rather not give you my time nor money.

windigo11 09/01/11 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACA (Post 94254412)
You know, I would like to think that about Parkway Drive. But teaming up with such an offensive, homophobic headliner is just an embarrassing blow and not something I can take seriously.

I know bands need to get paid, but if you have to tour with someone like BMTH I'd rather not give you my time nor money.

.....because who a band tours with dictates whether or not they're good

icynova 09/01/11 12:22 PM

Quote:

Totally.

:sadangel:

I like all of the bands on the Trice bill, but really like Parkway Drive too... Not that I think they should tour together or anything, but... Had no I idea they didn't have hipster approval... ;-)

ACA 09/01/11 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windigo11 (Post 94254602)
.....because who a band tours with dictates whether or not they're good

Touring is a big part of any band. Who you bring out, who you share the road with, and who you live with for three months reflects a lot on your band in so many ways.

A band's live aspect is equally important to me as a band's studio output. Though, I suppose even though this website is called "AbsolutePunk", very few of its readers in 2011 have any sort of insight into this area of music despite the importance of cultures like DIY that helped shape so many of the bands here.

ACA 09/01/11 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icynova (Post 94254722)
:sadangel:

I like all of the bands on the Trice bill, but really like Parkway Drive too... Not that I think they should tour together or anything, but... Had no I idea they didn't have hipster approval... ;-)

Love the icons :)

In the case of Parkway Drive, I've been looking for a reason to get into them for a long time now. The new album certainly has some merit, but what is sticking out about the band that should lure me in further? What is unique to Parkway Drive that hasn't been done by bands this year or over the last couple of years? Where are their killer tours?

This is good (though unfortunate) example of how "your friends reflect who you are".

ACA 09/01/11 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 94251942)
Not slow, not pop-punk, not hookless.
But sure.

- slow
- "pop punk" as defined by their own label
- cant seem to find anything catchy on their lead single

Minus even more points for sounding like robots in the first few moments of the song.