AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Weaver at the Loom - Before Now, Was Then (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2494142)

Jennurna Gray 10/29/11 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buhbee94 (Post 97168612)
That is the question :)

Hi, I'm Jenna :wave:

Steve Alcala 10/29/11 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennurna Gray (Post 97170022)
Hi, I'm Jenna :wave:

Howdy, Jenna :wave:

I'm Stephen :hug:

Shakriel 10/29/11 10:04 PM

Good review. I remember stumbling upon the EP a few years ago, and I still regularly play it and I am glad that he was finally able to continue with more music.

Clintoto 10/30/11 09:25 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this release is a step back from the debut?

Steve Henderson 10/30/11 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakriel (Post 97181702)
Good review. I remember stumbling upon the EP a few years ago, and I still regularly play it and I am glad that he was finally able to continue with more music.


I agree completely. The wait for this album was long and painful but oh so worth it. This record is so thoroughly gorgeous it gives me chills. Weaver is about as close to a replacement for Copeland as I can ask for these days.

Steve Henderson 10/30/11 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clintoto (Post 97192222)
Am I the only one who thinks this release is a step back from the debut?


Yes.

Shakriel 10/30/11 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Henderson (Post 97195042)
I agree completely. The wait for this album was long and painful but oh so worth it. This record is so thoroughly gorgeous it gives me chills. Weaver is about as close to a replacement for Copeland as I can ask for these days.

I had long given up on him making anything new until he released two demo songs a few months back, reigniting my hope for a full length. I would agree with Weaver being a close replacement to Copeland (RIP...). The wait reminds me of the current one I have for a new Umbrellas album. Been waiting even longer for that one.

Clintoto 10/30/11 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Henderson (Post 97195072)
Yes.

Damn... Nothing really stood out to me, to each his own I guess.

Sean Rizzo 10/30/11 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Henderson (Post 97195072)
Yes.

Hi Steve. I'm actually surprised people like the debut more, and I'm even more surprised about the Copeland comparison.

Ryan Gardner 10/30/11 08:47 PM

Consider me very interested in this. Will check out

Steve Henderson 10/30/11 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Rizzo (Post 97207722)
Hi Steve. I'm actually surprised people like the debut more, and I'm even more surprised about the Copeland comparison.

Well I wouldn't say they sound directly like Copeland, but more that Copeland fans would like Weaver.

Sean Rizzo 10/30/11 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Henderson (Post 97230182)
Well I wouldn't say they sound directly like Copeland, but more that Copeland fans would like Weaver.

Ah, I see. That makes much more sense.

Travis Parno 10/31/11 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clintoto (Post 97192222)
Am I the only one who thinks this release is a step back from the debut?

Nope

stoike 10/31/11 10:04 AM

I do not disagree. I think the debut was staggeringly good. I love the new album, but the debut had a bit more depth. Of course, the debut was done with the full band, and Dan played everything on "before Now, Was Then", which is why there is a bit of a difference in sound, such as the (lack of) live drums. Both albums are stellar, but the debut gets a slight edge. JMHO

Bruycker 10/31/11 10:51 AM

I think it's hard to compare the first EP and this album although you can still hear it's Weaver at The Loom. I loved the EP so much (especially "Without fear of their return). But this is a great progression. The Build-up in "Simple Rules" is one of the best I've heard in recent memory. Dan his vocals are so good on this album. I love how "We're Wild Animals" starts almost the same as "You Can't Evade Them". Just dropping my random thoughts. It's a stellar album.