AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Australian Music Round-Up (10/30/11) (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2495212)

Linda Ferreira 10/30/11 09:21 AM

Australian Music Round-Up (10/30/11)

Head to the replies to read this week's Australian Music Round-Up.

Linda Ferreira 10/30/11 09:21 AM

Thanks to Tim for putting this together:

Australian Music Round-UpGeneral News

Tonight Alive has debuted at #15 on the ARIA charts. Well done guys!

Dream On, Dreamer has been nominated for an aria for their debut release, Heartbound.

Tour/Show News

An awesome event has reopened in Sydney called Access All Ages. These series of shows will give a chance for younger bands to support more established bands at two killer venues in Sydney and will be occurring over two weekends every school term.

Heroes for Hire start a huge tour this Friday in Brisbane taking along with them I Call Fives and I Am Villain. Get dates and ticket info here.

Bright Eyes and Kevin Devine, amongst others, have announced side show dates for Melbourne and Sydney during their stint with Harvest festival.

Caulfield are taking Awaken I Am on the road next month on a string of club shows.

Release News

The Bride releases their long awaited debut, President Rd, on October 28th. This has been a long time coming for the guys for one of Sydney’s most established band, although the wait was well worth it. Make sure you grab a copy!

The video for East Coast Blazin’ was released earlier this week on Channel V. This is the second video of Heroes for Hires new album, Take One for the Team. Check out the first one here.

The Getaway Plan has released a new song Flying Colours of their upcoming of their upcoming album, Requiem.

Australian Song of the Week

As mentioned before The Brides killer new album President Rd drops this week. Everyone check out this track from the album featuring Tonight Alive front woman, Jenna McDougall.

Contributor: timb89

birtcho 10/30/11 12:33 PM

Cartel are also doing a run of small shows in the main cities in November

humantree 10/30/11 12:44 PM

Cartel's shows have actually been cancelled. They released a brief statement on their Facebook page.

timb89 10/30/11 02:01 PM

Yeah, i managed to remove the cartel tour just in time! Pretty bummed.

hectorial85 10/30/11 02:35 PM

I still don't get why Woody is the Aussie icon?

timb89 10/30/11 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hectorial85 (Post 97206972)
I still don't get why Woody is the Aussie icon?

It's a news round up? It's a cowboy reference.

hectorial85 10/30/11 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timb89 (Post 97207702)
It's a news round up? It's a cowboy reference.

Ahh, of course. I thought it might have something to do with Americans thinking we're all cowboys down here....... ;)

Overpass 10/30/11 03:56 PM

Haha this is a shitty way to find out that Cartel cancelled their tour. Hope they can reschedule soon.

Glad to have these Australian roundups back.

OdourlessHobo 10/30/11 05:04 PM

what the faaaaaaaaah, Cartel cancelled!? I just bought my ticket like 2 nights ago, ahhh I was so excited too.

timb89 10/30/11 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overpass (Post 97211062)
Haha this is a shitty way to find out that Cartel cancelled their tour. Hope they can reschedule soon.

Glad to have these Australian roundups back.

yeah me too, hit me up if you have any news you wanna add.

Ryan Frant 10/30/11 09:04 PM

my bands australian! from victoria in fact, you probably shouldn't listen to us but if you actually decide to check it http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pretty...p_178091127385

Broden Terry 10/31/11 12:50 AM

Lisa Mitchell is recording her new album, so I'm excited about that!

birtcho 10/31/11 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broden Terry (Post 97232612)
Lisa Mitchell is recording her new album, so I'm excited about that!

Matt Corby is about to drop his latest EP also. New track 'Brother' is insane

xRadioJoyx 10/31/11 08:26 AM

Yay, it's back!

Also, I am so disappointed at Cartel cancelling their tour. Then again, it's halfway through my exams so maybe I can benefit from not having that distraction.