AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Ke$ha Covers Bob Dylan; World Weeps (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2547002)

cshadows2887 12/13/11 01:09 PM

The origins of this thread:


world_is_static 12/13/11 01:09 PM


world_is_static 12/13/11 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin Harkins (Post 99377752)

good man

CPF--FBR 12/13/11 01:11 PM

I guarantee that if people heard this without being told it was Ke$ha, they would've liked it. She has a relatively solid voice outside of autotune. There are far worse things out there.

RyanSheff 12/13/11 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin Harkins (Post 99383862)
RYAN

DUSTIN

Numero10 12/13/11 01:11 PM

"Thread of the year"

Doubt it's even thread of the day. Predictably mildly amusing gifs.

Jason Tate 12/13/11 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPF--FBR (Post 99384092)
I guarantee that if people heard this without being told it was Ke$ha, they would've liked it. She has a relatively solid voice outside of autotune. There are far worse things out there.

That's a pretty bold statement.

And when your qualifications are "relatively solid voice" and "far worse things out there" -- that's not saying much.

diaspora 12/13/11 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPF--FBR (Post 99384092)
I guarantee that if people heard this without being told it was Ke$ha, they would've liked it. She has a relatively solid voice outside of autotune. There are far worse things out there.



Redpaperkut 12/13/11 01:14 PM


Jason Tate 12/13/11 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshadows2887 (Post 99383992)
The origins of this thread:


Little girls setting fire to houses? With my name floating above them? Weird origin.

cshadows2887 12/13/11 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 99384482)
Little girls setting fire to houses? With my name floating above them? Weird origin.


CPF--FBR 12/13/11 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 99384432)
That's a pretty bold statement.

And when your qualifications are "relatively solid voice" and "far worse things out there" -- that's not saying much.

Understandable. But these people are reacting like it's a dubstep remix of a Dylan song or something. I had the same reaction; I rolled my eyes and everything. Then I listened to it. I expected it to be some club "jam" with re-worded lyrics about oral sex but it was a simple cover. Clearly getting assaulted on the internet by strangers for voicing a thought is in these days.

Jason Tate 12/13/11 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshadows2887 (Post 99384562)


diaspora 12/13/11 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPF--FBR (Post 99384612)
Understandable. But these people are reacting like it's a dubstep remix of a Dylan song or something. I had the same reaction; I rolled my eyes and everything. Then I listened to it. I expected it to be some club "jam" with re-worded lyrics about oral sex but it was a simple cover. Clearly getting assaulted on the internet by strangers for voicing a thought is in these days.

You're taking it completely the wrong way. Clearly this thread has become (and started out as) a joke. Anyone who voices a legitimate opinion right now knows they're open to ridicule.

cshadows2887 12/13/11 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 99384812)