AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Limp Bizkit and Interscope Part Ways (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2547062)

Jason Tate 12/13/11 11:17 AM

Limp Bizkit and Interscope Part Ways
 
On November 22nd, Fred Durst was a guest on the "Poolside with Dean Delray" podcast. During the show, he confirmed that Limp Bizkit has gone independent and are waiting until they can "naturally write a hit song that would make people in the USA attend to their concerts again." So ... it may be a long ass wait.

Submitted by PerfectChaos337

lp670sv 12/13/11 11:19 AM

Quote:

naturally write a hit song that would make people in the USA attend to their concerts again.

may I suggest switching genres? or perhaps actually writing something that resembles a song for once?

Holly HoX! 12/13/11 11:23 AM

Super questionable posts today.

Dustin Harkins 12/13/11 11:27 AM

Just freestyle on "Otis", it's how every other outdated wannabe rapper got relevant again...

HyperactiveYout 12/13/11 11:28 AM

Well, it's hard to attend their concerts if they never play any. I'd totally go just for the hell of it. Total 90's nostalgia.

Alex DiVincenzo 12/13/11 11:29 AM

Haha

Jason Tate 12/13/11 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 99376102)
Super questionable posts today.

I saw this one and the Kesha one in the queue, and I knew today was going to be a good day.

TheRealJohnOC 12/13/11 11:33 AM

Come on Rise!

Nolessthanblink 12/13/11 11:33 AM

Lol I like how this took nearly a month to get any attention. Relevance fail.

Gaugzilla 12/13/11 11:38 AM

Crazy. One day, you're running part of the record company, the next, they're firing you and your band.

brent_ster 12/13/11 11:39 AM

So there breaking up in other words.

Nolessthanblink 12/13/11 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugzilla (Post 99377382)
Crazy. One day, you're running part of the record company, the next, they're firing you and your band.


Bet it was just one of those days, where ya don't wanna wake up...

/badpun

PirateSkater182 12/13/11 11:45 AM

Good thing they'll never do that. Nobody wants another album unless they've been frozen since 1999.

NorthstarPark 12/13/11 12:00 PM

When I was into the wrasslin I used to make him get beat up by women in that Smackdown game he is in.

Holly HoX! 12/13/11 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 99376712)
I saw this one and the Kesha one in the queue, and I knew today was going to be a good day.


Haha exactly

Co and Ca 12/13/11 12:20 PM

i'd rather listen to kesha than limp bizkit.

Spencer Control 12/13/11 12:22 PM

This band's lack of cultural relevance is astounding.

TZE 12/13/11 12:28 PM

am i the only one who liked their old shit :(

arcarsenal72 12/13/11 12:33 PM

Gold Cobra was ridiculous in the best kind of way possible.

SLoT 12/13/11 12:34 PM

Maybe they should take their music seriously then. I don't know how many times I read interviews or watched clips before Gold Cobra was finished where they said, "It's just another stupid LB record." Grow up, make some music worth listening to, and maybe people will give a fuck. Also -- it's time to change that band name as well.

Jason Tate 12/13/11 12:37 PM


Circa1628 12/13/11 12:47 PM

Their biggest problem was that they tried to do a summer tour at ampitheater locations. They're not that kind of band anymore.

If they did a club tour, I'm sure it would actually be fairly successful. They need to swallow their pride if they still want to be a touring band.

Haartleey 12/13/11 01:05 PM

limp bizkit rules

seriously, on point. ahead of it's time.

Rysker6 12/13/11 01:51 PM

Going to be a little difficult for them. I saw videos of them on Youtube playing in Europe from this past summer, looked like 1999. Place was packed.

Thomas Nassiff 12/13/11 02:03 PM

So good

bobcatbob18 12/13/11 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circa1628 (Post 99382502)
Their biggest problem was that they tried to do a summer tour at ampitheater locations. They're not that kind of band anymore.

If they did a club tour, I'm sure it would actually be fairly successful. They need to swallow their pride if they still want to be a touring band.


Exactly. Also, fan of this.band or not, they are phenomenal live.

Sext Offender 12/13/11 03:13 PM

tour NOW pleeeeease!!

AussieBoy 12/13/11 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rysker6 (Post 99387242)
Going to be a little difficult for them. I saw videos of them on Youtube playing in Europe from this past summer, looked like 1999. Place was packed.


Well they're playing soundwave in Aust this feb and it's almost sold out 40,000 x6 cities, and a lot a people I know LB is their most anticipated for the day.

TheRealJohnOC 12/13/11 08:27 PM

I actually had tickets to their show this summer before they cancelled it. I just wish they would take out the Deftones and do a co-headlining arena tour. They could easily sell that out. Deftones (I believe) sold out every club date they had last spring with no problem including 2 NYC dates. Hey, that's just my take.

SuNDaYSTaR 12/13/11 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 99376962)
Come on Rise!

Wasn't Victory the label where nu-metal bands go to die? They do have Taproot.

TZE 12/13/11 09:01 PM


TheRealJohnOC 12/13/11 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuNDaYSTaR (Post 99407942)
Wasn't Victory the label where nu-metal bands go to die? They do have Taproot.

Yeah but I doubt Fred would ever sign with the V. Taproot is no Limp Bizkit my friend lol

SuNDaYSTaR 12/13/11 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 99409392)
Yeah but I doubt Fred would ever sign with the V. Taproot is no Limp Bizkit my friend lol

Yeah and oddly enough I think these two bands had a huge fight when they started.

TheRealJohnOC 12/14/11 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuNDaYSTaR (Post 99413012)
Yeah and oddly enough I think these two bands had a huge fight when they started.

Well everyone hated Fred Durst lol it'd be surprising to find a band other than Puddle of Mudd and Staind that actually LIKE Fred.

mathisntfun 12/14/11 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 99376962)
Come on Rise!



HAHAHA

IntrepidTravelr 12/16/11 03:56 PM

..or Limp Bizkit could call it a day and Wes could go back to his Black Light Burns project that was actually good and had promise.