AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  WU LYF UK Tour (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2548002)

Kyle Huntington 12/14/11 05:20 AM

WU LYF 2012 Tour
 
WU LYF has announced Australian, UK, Ireland and North American tour dates 2012. Head to the replies to check them out as well as their new video for "We Bros".

Kyle Huntington 12/14/11 05:20 AM

Tour Dates 01-28 Brisbane, Australia - Laneway Festival
01-30 Auckland, New Zealand - Laneway Festival
02-02 Melbourne, Australia - Price of Wales
02-04 Melbourne, Australia - Laneway Festival
02-05 Sydney, Australia - Laneway Festival
02-06 Sydney, Australia - Metro Theatre
02-10 Adelaide, Australia - Laneway Festival
02-11 Perth, Australia - Laneway Festival
02-12 Singapore, Singapore - Laneway Festival
02-18 Ebisu, Japan - Ebisu Garden Hall
03-15 Manchester, England - HMV Ritz
03-17 Glasgow, Scotland - SWG3
03-19 Dublin, Ireland - Whelans
03-21-22 London, England - Heaven
04-17 San Francisco, CA - The Independent
04-23 Washington, DC - Rock N Roll Hotel
04-24 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer
04-26 Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg
04-27 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
04-28 Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall


Kyle Huntington 12/14/11 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadkidsean (Post 99420772)
I'd really love to see them.

Thread updated if it helps.

Dustin Harkins 12/14/11 05:47 AM

Every time I see their name I think it's a Wu Tang cover group...what's the RIYL on them so I can actually know who they are and see if I'd like em?

Kyle Huntington 12/14/11 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin Harkins (Post 99421282)
Every time I see their name I think it's a Wu Tang cover group...what's the RIYL on them so I can actually know who they are and see if I'd like em?

Quite hard really, they describe themselves as "heavy pop". Imagine Foals or The Horrors music with inimitable vocals. Can't say much else besides checking out a video.

Dustin Harkins 12/14/11 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Huntington (Post 99421522)
Quite hard really, they describe themselves as "heavy pop". Imagine Foals or The Horrors music with inimitable vocals. Can't say much else besides checking out a video.

I'll check em out once I'm on a computer I can listen to music on. It sounds really interesting.

Holly HoX! 12/14/11 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin Harkins (Post 99421282)
Every time I see their name I think it's a Wu Tang cover group...what's the RIYL on them so I can actually know who they are and see if I'd like em?


This band fucking kills live!!!!!!!!

Picture a young Tom Waits fronting Explosions in the Sky with some gang vocals and more post-punk elements thrown in. Definitely a unique band. Their debut is awesome.

Holly HoX! 12/14/11 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadkidsean (Post 99420772)
I'd really love to see them.

You should. One of my favorite shows of the year.

Dustin Harkins 12/14/11 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 99423302)
This band fucking kills live!!!!!!!!

Picture a young Tom Waits fronting Explosions in the Sky with some gang vocals and more post-punk elements thrown in. Definitely a unique band. Their debut is awesome.

That sounds phenomenal, haha. I need to get back in the loop of good bands, for real.

StepsInADance 12/14/11 11:36 AM

*sigh* would love to see them live.

jrboosted 12/20/11 03:37 PM

They're coming to Philly? Sick.