AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Cancer Bats Teaser Video (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2548862)

Deborah Remus 12/14/11 03:57 PM

Cancer Bats Teaser Video

A teaser video for Cancer Bats' upcoming record, Dead Set on Living, can be found in the replies.

Deborah Remus 12/14/11 03:57 PM

brent_ster 12/14/11 04:24 PM

Sounding really good, love the Cancer Bats!

Hope its better then Mayors,Bears, Scraps and Bones though, there weakest work imo.

Dre Okorley 12/14/11 04:29 PM

Let's get batty.

Deborah Remus 12/14/11 04:44 PM

I honestly liked their last record, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one, but whatever.

downrightamazed 12/14/11 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah Remus (Post 99451942)
I honestly liked their last record, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one, but whatever.

The only one? Everyone I know and everything I've ever read has leaned towards it obviously being their strongest work. Press really gushed over it, to the point where I saw it in plenty of top 5's.

I heard a good explanation recently where someone compared them to The Bronx, saying "Bronx came right out of the gate with a fucking incredible record, whereas Cancer Bats first one didn't break much ground, was a bit of an oddity and they've just gotten better and better with each release".

I'm looking forward to how hesher metal this one will be.

Deborah Remus 12/14/11 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downrightamazed (Post 99453192)
The only one? Everyone I know and everything I've ever read has leaned towards it obviously being their strongest work. Press really gushed over it, to the point where I saw it in plenty of top 5's.

I heard a good explanation recently where someone compared them to The Bronx, saying "Bronx came right out of the gate with a fucking incredible record, whereas Cancer Bats first one didn't break much ground, was a bit of an oddity and they've just gotten better and better with each release".

I'm looking forward to how hesher metal this one will be.

I guess I just mean on AbsolutePunk. I'm mainly basing my comment on the latest news posts I've made where everyone was saying how weak they thought it was. I don't think it was a let down at all and I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.

brent_ster 12/14/11 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah Remus (Post 99451942)

I did like it, it just didn't stick with me like there previous ones. But there was some really great tracks.

Dre Okorley 12/15/11 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah Remus (Post 99453362)
I guess I just mean on AbsolutePunk. I'm mainly basing my comment on the latest news posts I've made where everyone was saying how weak they thought it was. I don't think it was a let down at all and I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.

I like it too. I'm just hoping this one will blow everything else out of the water (as most fans hope with every new release).

cubsml34 12/15/11 09:58 AM

Liked the last record quite a bit, but I really don't dislike anything this band puts out. Definitely one of my most anticipated for next year.

J.Dick 12/15/11 12:45 PM

I'm not a fan of this genre of music really but I saw these guys a few weeks ago with AntiFlag and the Menzingers and they put on a hell of a show. Fairly enjoyable live band.

SuNDaYSTaR 12/19/11 06:40 AM

Only April? Man that's like in forever.