AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ABSOLUTExclusive: Maniac Song Premiere (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2551412)

Keagan Ilvonen 12/16/11 01:40 PM

ABSOLUTExclusive: Maniac Song Premiere

Maniac have already released one of my personal favorite albums of 2011 and now they're already back to work. Shawn and Jake are releasing four EPs that will eventually form their second album, Sons of Summer. The first fourth of the album has been shipped out to their loyal fans and until today, they have only heard those songs. Today, we're bringing you an exclusive listen at another track titled "Is She Black." You can either stream it in the replies or on their AP.net profile. Be sure to check out their webstore as well. All purchases go towards the funding for more music. The more you support, the more you get back!

Keagan Ilvonen 12/16/11 01:41 PM

Is She Black

Be part of the Sons of Summer recording process by buying our hand-screened, limited edition releases of the album's 4 sessions. Each is crafted as a 4-song EP, and will contain both songs that end up on the full length in Fall 2012, and equally sweet rarities. Releasing the album in limited-edition sessions enables us to fund our time here in our studio on a month-to-month basis, without need for loans, debts, or advances. It also lets us give you new music far more frequently than the old "hibernate for months on end" recording process ever allowed.

Sons of Summer Session 1 (of 4) is available now from our online store. Only one numbered pressing of 100 copies is for sale (less than half remain). When they are gone, the EP will be discontinued. (The full Sons of Summer album is scheduled for release in Fall 2012.) Music fans were, and always will be, the biggest part of the music industry, and more than ever, we recognize that, and thank you for enabling us to thrive at making the music and art that we love. -Shake

Here's a link to buy the ltd edition screen printed Sons of Summer, Session 1:
http://maniac.storenvy.com/products/...mmer-session-1

jdr277 12/16/11 01:45 PM

Literally just posted in the Shawn Harris Thread minutes ago asking if anyone knew where I could hear some of these songs lol. Thank you so much listening now.

Edit: Don't know how I feel about this... Really different from the other stuff I prefer to hear Shawn Harris's weird lyrics.

Playsw/Squirels 12/16/11 02:41 PM

I made a thread for them because they dont get enough attention, then there's an exclusive for them...fail haha I wouldnt say that i dont like it, it just doesnt sound like a song that Id set out to listen to. They're getting really good at making chill, relaxing songs though. It sounds like a good campfire song.

Edit: hahaha Shake. craazy kids

RyanFTW 12/16/11 02:53 PM

It's a fun track.

irthesteve 12/16/11 03:11 PM

I still need to get around to buying the EP, uggghhhh

Keagan Ilvonen 12/16/11 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 99548822)
I still need to get around to buying the EP, uggghhhh

Full length is even better, unless you already have it.

irthesteve 12/16/11 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 99549112)
Full length is even better, unless you already have it.

I have it on CD/Vinyl, the demo CD, and the EP on vinyl...

overkill? maybe.

Keagan Ilvonen 12/16/11 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 99549632)
I have it on CD/Vinyl, the demo CD, and the EP on vinyl...

overkill? maybe.

I don't think so. The guys are really doing something original.

irthesteve 12/16/11 03:30 PM

This song is not bad, it gets better as it goes... I think I like it!!

irthesteve 12/16/11 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 99549742)
I don't think so. The guys are really doing something original.

seen them live yet? Even better than on record

RiCCioLi 12/16/11 04:12 PM

ummmmm..not a fan of this. die rad their first single was amazing and gave me such high hopes for them. then the ep was released and it was pretty good. their first lp then came out and was pretty boring so i gave up hope. this song isnt helping now either, but i will still give the album a chance

Keagan Ilvonen 12/16/11 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 99549882)
seen them live yet? Even better than on record

Haven't yet sadly. Hopefully soon.

Keagan Ilvonen 12/16/11 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiCCioLi (Post 99552072)
ummmmm..not a fan of this. die rad their first single was amazing and gave me such high hopes for them. then the ep was released and it was pretty good. their first lp then came out and was pretty boring so i gave up hope. this song isnt helping now either, but i will still give the album a chance

You thought the LP was boring? The first half of it is some of my favorite music all year. Different strokes for different folks.

jdr277 12/16/11 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiCCioLi (Post 99552072)

Kinda with you here and I really don't wanna be. I'm trying so hard but even though I like some of these songs The Matches blows them out of the water. I loved the matches because of their weird lyrics this song sounds more like IDK... "Alvin Band?"

All I gotta say is "Toothpaste makes my orange juice sour!"