AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Chris Fafalios Was Serious After All (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2566182)

CMXPunch 12/31/11 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoryGable (Post 100207952)
If you have been a Punchline fan and supporter as long as I have you would understand the "ups and downs" Chris is talking about and understand what he is doing. He is not bitter he just wants music to be recognized for music... not for neon clothes or tight ass jeans. I have been a supporter for 10 years and I want to keep supporting for 10 more.

You are a cool and handsome friend!

GoTcHe 12/31/11 10:18 AM

I know we can make it happen. But if not, i'm gonna cry.

My best wishes and support from Spain.

go punchline!

CMXPunch 12/31/11 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoTcHe (Post 100208062)
I know we can make it happen. But if not, i'm gonna cry.

My best wishes and support from Spain.

go punchline!

Gotche, I have never been to Spain, but I hope to see the rain on the plains one day!!!
Thank you for being so nice to us.

xvividblue 12/31/11 10:22 AM

The guys in Punchline have been around doing this for years, if there is anyone who deserves to be #1 on the charts, it's them. Yeah, it does seem drastic that Chris made such a statement, but when you have been doing this for so long and maybe feel like your band is stagnating, you need to do something drastic to survive. All I know is that I will buying their album on tuesday in the hopes that I can attend many more Punchline concerts with Chris as their bass player.

ParkwayTom 12/31/11 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMXPunch (Post 100208032)
Ha, sorry Parkway.
First of all, I wasn't there for the Brokenside thing.
Second of all, they jumped my very-good drummer.
Third of all, I didn't threaten anyone.
Fourth of all, YOU'RE A TOTAL DINGUS!


I guess that was kinda rude of me. I actually thought your last album was good (mainly for the drumming). I don't think you're going about this the right way, but good luck anyway.

CMXPunch 12/31/11 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xvividblue (Post 100208122)
The guys in Punchline have been around doing this for years, if there is anyone who deserves to be #1 on the charts, it's them. Yeah, it does seem drastic that Chris made such a statement, but when you have been doing this for so long and maybe feel like your band is stagnating, you need to do something drastic to survive. All I know is that I will buying their album on tuesday in the hopes that I can attend many more Punchline concerts with Chris as their bass player.

I really appreciate that!
I really don't have any ill intentions, just tryin' to take a stand! :)

CMXPunch 12/31/11 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParkwayTom (Post 100208142)
I guess that was kinda rude of me. I actually thought your last album was good (mainly for the drumming). I don't think you're going about this the right way, but good luck anyway.

Thanks Tom! I'm sorry for calling you a Dingus. I'm glad you like the drumming - Cory is a great drummer, I love playing with him.

TheMissing 12/31/11 10:28 AM

The Missing loves Punchline, so should you!!
 
Set those goals high baby! If I could Craig T. Nelson you up over the internet, I would bark encouragement and support! I feel your pain with the direction of the industry and us scrappers got to take a stand against the new wave cock rock! Always got your back Pittsburgh Chris! Much love, Cleveland Christopher

SoundwaveUproar 12/31/11 10:28 AM

So Chris, serious question. If you put down the bass and walk away from Punchline are you done with music period? or would you be starting something new up?

CMXPunch 12/31/11 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob McWilliams (Post 100208302)
Brokencyde jumped them.

It was Cory and our buddy Johnny G.
I wasn't there.
They could've easily beat me up if they'd have had their music playing in the background though, because I'd be paying too much attention to my bleeding ears to get tough!

CMXPunch 12/31/11 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMissing (Post 100208342)
Set those goals high baby! If I could Craig T. Nelson you up over the internet, I would bark encouragement and support! I feel your pain with the direction of the industry and us scrappers got to take a stand against the new wave cock rock! Always got your back Pittsburgh Chris! Much love, Cleveland Christopher

Cleveland Chris, you are a great friend to me always.
I love you guys like siblings I never had!
Also, I love Craig T., almost bought the first season of Coach at Cracker Barrel.

Rob McWilliams 12/31/11 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMXPunch (Post 100208392)
It was Cory and our buddy Johnny G.
I wasn't there.
They could've easily beat me up if they'd have had their music playing in the background though, because I'd be paying too much attention to my bleeding ears to get tough!


I don't blame you. All the neon would have thrown me off.

CMXPunch 12/31/11 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundwaveUproar (Post 100208352)
So Chris, serious question. If you put down the bass and walk away from Punchline are you done with music period? or would you be starting something new up?

I haven't thought about it yet, because I hope I don't have to!
Focusing on getting there :)

CMXPunch 12/31/11 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Retenauer (Post 100208422)
I'll be buying! Please don't quit! Pittsburgh needs your bass skills. Hate to see the loss of the best bassist in town :-(

thanks Kurt!!! I love playing bass, I would hate to separate it from my hands!

SoundwaveUproar 12/31/11 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMXPunch (Post 100208472)
I haven't thought about it yet, because I hope I don't have to!
Focusing on getting there :)

Fair enough, just don't want your talent to be wasted like that haha